Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) Distance Education
Behind Transport Nagar, Teenpani Bye Pass Road, Haldwani, Uttarakhand 263139
Approved By: AICTE Type: Public
If you are interested in this college
Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) Distance Education Overview
One of the state’s top universities for open and online learning was established in 2005 and is called Uttarakhand Open University. It was established in 2005 in accordance with the State Government Act, and the Distance Education Council (DEC) and University Grants Commission have granted it accreditation (UGC). In two cycles—January and July—the Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) invite applications for a range of courses. Online applicants must complete the admissions portal on the UOU website, but offline applicants can pick up an application at a study center.
- Most UG and PG programs offer direct admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students must take the entrance exams, pass the entrance test given by UOU, or earn valid marks from the MAT or CAT in order to apply for admission to an MBA or PG Diploma in Management course.
- Passing class 12 and a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline for PG courses are prerequisites for enrollment in UG courses.
- After the appropriate authority has verified the certifications, the seats for qualified students will only be distributed.
- In accordance with State Government laws, the University makes seats available for reservations.
Key Points for Distance Education at Uttarakhand Open University
- There are 109 programs offered by the renowned open university in India, Uttarakhand Open University.
- The applicants’ conceptual and theoretical expertise must be provided by distant MBA programs.
- Additionally, the university fosters leadership and entrepreneurship skills.
- More than 300 study centers and eight regional centers make up the university’s operations in Uttarakhand.
- In addition to normal classes, the university also provides distance MBA programs. The pupils of Uttarakhand must have access to a variety of communication and technological tools to receive a successful education.
- State Open University is the name of this institution.
Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) Course Offered
Undergraduate courses: If a candidate wants to pursue higher education through distance learning, they can choose from a variety of degree programs offered by UOU, including the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Arts in Yogic Science, Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management, and Bachelor of Hotel Management.
The primary requirement for admission to UG programs is that the applicant must have passed the 12th grade in the pertinent stream with any reputable board. Admission is done on the basis of merit and is contingent upon space being available. Candidates are urged to register as soon as possible after receiving admission notification in order to secure their seats if they intend to apply for admission.
Postgraduate courses: The Uttarakhand Open University offered several postgraduate programs, including an MA course with eleven subject specializations, an MCA with lateral entry, a Master of Geo-Informatics with lateral entry, a Master of Science in Information Technology with lateral entry, a Master of Commerce, a Master of Social Work, a Master of Laws, a Master of Arts, and programs in journalism and mass media.
Anyone who meets the requirements may apply for admission to the postgraduate program. Interested candidates must have successfully completed a graduate degree in a related field. Under the condition that university-level credentials are verified, admission is handled through PG courses on a first-come, first-served basis.
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||MBA-17|
|Master of Arts (Economics)||MAEC-20|
|Master of Arts in Education||MAED-20|
|Master of Arts (English)||MAEL-20|
|Master of Arts in Geography||MAGE-20|
|Master of Arts (Geo Informatics)||MAGIS-20|
|Master of Arts (History)||MAHI-20|
|Master of Arts (Hindi)||MAHL-20|
|Master of Arts (Home Science)||MAHS-19|
|Master of Arts (Journalism and Mass Communication)||MAJMC-19|
|Master of Arts (Jyotish)||MAJY-20|
|Master of Arts (Mathematics)||MAMT-20|
|Master of Arts (Public Administration)||MAPA-20|
|Master of Arts (Political Science)||MAPS-20|
|Master of Arts (Psychology)||MAPSY-20|
|Master of Arts (Sanskrit)||MASL-20|
|Master of Arts (Sociology)||MASO-20|
|Master of Arts Yoga||MAY-20|
|Master of Computer Application||MCA-20|
|Master of Commerce||MCOM-20|
|Master of Performing Arts (Music)||MPAM-20|
|Master of Science (Botany)||MSCBOT-20|
|Master of Science (Chemistry)||MSCCH-20|
|Master of Science (Cyber Security)||MSCCS-18|
|M.Sc. (Environmental Science)||MSCES-20|
|Master of Science in Geography||MSCGE-20|
|Master of Science (Geo Informatics)||MSCGIS-20|
|Master of Science (Information Technology)||MSCIT-17|
|Master of Science (Mathematics)||MSCMT-20|
|Master of Science (Physics||MSCPHY-20|
|Master of Science (Zoology)||MSCZO-20|
|Master of Social Work||MSW-17|
|Master of Tourism and Travel Management||MTTM-17|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||BBA-17|
|Bachelor of Arts||BA-17|
|Bachelor of Arts (Yoga)||BAY-17|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications||BCA-17|
|Bachelor of Commerce||BCOM-17|
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)||BED-17|
|B.Ed. Special Education – (Learning Disability)||BEDSELD-19|
|B.Ed. Special Education – (Mental Retardation)||BEDSEMR-19|
|Bachelor of Science||BSC-17|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management||BTTM-17|
|PG Diploma Programms||Code|
|Diploma in Commercial Horticulture||DCH-17|
|Diploma in Hospitality Administration||DHA-19|
|Diploma in Information Technology||DIT-17|
|Diploma in Management of Non-Wood Forest Products||DMNWFP-19|
|Diploma in Public Health & Community Nutrition||DPHCN-19|
|Diploma in Phalit Jyotish||DPJ-17|
|Diploma in Right to Information||DRTI- 17|
|Diploma in Tourism Studies||DTS-17|
|Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables||DVAPFV-17|
|D. Voc. (Digital Marketing & Management)||DVDMM-19|
|D. Voc. (Soft Skill & E- Office Management)||DVEOM-19|
|Diploma in Vedic karmakand||DVK-17|
|Diploma in Vastu Shashtra||DVS-20|
|D. Voc. (Technology Enabled Education)||DVTEE-19|
|Diploma in Yogic Science||DYS-17|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Broadcast Journalism & New Media||PGDBJ-19|
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications||PGDCA-20|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Law||PGDCL-20|
|P.G. Diploma in Disaster Management||PGDDM-20|
|PG Diploma in Geo Informatics||PGDGIS-17|
|PG Diploma Human Resource Management||PGDHRM-17|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication||PGDJMC-19|
|PG Diploma in Marketing Management||PGDMM-17|
|Certificate in Ayurvedic Food and Nutrition||CAFN-17|
|Certificate in Ayurvedic Herb Cultivation||CAHC-17|
|Certificate in Ayurvedic Masseur||CAM-17|
|Certificate in Banking and Insurance Law||CBIL-19|
|Certificate in Computer Application||CCA-17|
|Certificate Course in Office Management||CCOM-17|
|Certificate Course in Panchayati Raj||CCPR-17|
|Certificate in e-Governance and Cyber Security||CEGCS-19|
|Certificate Course in Food & Nutrition||CFN-18|
|Certificate in Geo Informatics||CGIS-17|
|Certificate in Herbal Beauty Care||CHBC-17|
|Certificate in Human Rights||CHR-19|
|Certificate in Naturopathy||CIN-17|
|Certificate in Memory Enhancement||CME-17|
|Certificate in Non-wood Forest Products||CNWFP-20|
|Certificate in Organic Farming||COF-17|
|Certificate in Phalit Jyotish||CPJ-17|
|Certificate in Right to Information||CRTI-17|
|Certificate in Sanskrit Language||CSL-17|
|C. Voc. (Digital Marketing & Management)||CVDMM-19|
|C. Voc. (Soft Skill & E- Office Management)||CVEOM-19|
|Certificate in Vedic Karmkand||CVK-17|
|C. Voc. (Technology Enabled Education)||CVTEE-19|
|C. Voc. (Web Designing & Development)||CVWDD-19|
|Certificate in Yogic Sciences||CYS-17|
|Foundation Course in special education||FC-SEDE|
Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) Distance Learning Admission Procedure
Uttarakhand Open University Distance MBA and BBA Admission Procedure is given below:-
- Go to the “click here to proceed” tab
- After that you will be redirected to a new page, read all the instructions carefully
- Now tick mark the declaration at the end of the page
- After that click on “for new students only” tab
- Now fill all the details carefully
- After that pay application fee via Credit Card /Debit Card/Net banking or by Challan
- Now take the print out of the form and submit it to any study centers along with the required documents
The start of the calendar year for UOU Admission is August. The UOU certificate, diploma, graduate, and post-graduate programs had a November deadline. To complete the UOU admission procedure, use the online or offline registration window. The application or registration fee ranges from INR 250 to INR 1000 for UOU distance education programs.
Numerous courses are offered through Uttarakhand Open University’s distance learning program, including DMNWFP, CME, BA, BSC, BTTM, MBA, and others. On the basis of students’ prior exam results, the university grants admission to UOU ug, PG general degree, diploma, and certificate programs. Admission to doctoral and management programs will be processed following the receipt of a valid result on a few entrance exams.
Admissions Procedure for Distance Education at Uttarakhand Open University
Students submit applications both online and offline for the summer or winter term for everyone who qualifies. Students can submit applications either online or offline. Candidates must adhere to the following requirements in order to submit an application.
Mode of Admission: Online
Students must carefully review all of the material on the Form before submitting it, and they must also follow the instructions on the online admissions portal. Candidates are advised to scan copies of any necessary documents before completing the online admission form.
- Click on the following link to see the university’s official website: uou.adm.com.
- now use this website to download the application form.
- Read this application form thoroughly to reduce the likelihood of mistakes.
- Provide appropriate responses to the questions on the application form after reading it over.
- Remember that you should only provide your responses in the spaces designated for them.
- After completing the application, click the “Submit now” option to send it to the university’s main portal.
- Photograph of the Student Certificate/10th Mark Sheet/10th Grade Certificate Certificate Eligibility Document
- paperwork that has been completed and signed by the candidate.
- Completely fill out the online application form.
- A fee of INR 250 will be added for submissions that are late. Application forms cost INR 250 each.
- To take the entrance exam for the MBA or PG Diploma programs, candidates must pay IINR 1000.
- There are several options for online payments, including UPI, Net Banking, and (debit/credit cards).
- Students also have a second option for paying their tuition: they can use a BOB/SBI Bank Challan to make payments offline.
- Print out the application and mail it, along with your references, to the study center.
Mode of admission: Offline
- The prospectus and application form is also available by paying the necessary fee at the University Headquarters or Study Centers.
- In addition to a signed certificate to be self-attested, the applicants must include photocopies of the original document.
Candidates encounter a variety of issues during the application process, such as confusion and difficulty. They don’t know how to submit applications for admission to the courses of their choice, which is one of these issues. However, as we have created the most straightforward entry application procedure, there is no longer a need to be concerned about this issue. We advise all applicants to adhere to the set of instructions provided below in this context in order to correctly register for entries without causing any confusion or problems.
Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) Distance Learning Fee Structure
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Arts (Economics)
Master of Arts in Education
Master of Arts (English)
Master of Arts in Geography
Master of Arts (Geo Informatics)
Master of Arts (History)
Master of Arts (Hindi)
Master of Arts (Home Science)
Master of Arts (Journalism and Mass Communication)
Master of Arts (Jyotish)
Master of Arts (Mathematics)
Master of Arts (Public Administration)
Master of Arts (Political Science)
Master of Arts (Psychology)
Master of Arts (Sanskrit)
Master of Arts (Sociology)
Master of Arts Yoga
Master of Computer Application
Master of Commerce
Master of Performing Arts (Music)
Master of Science (Botany)
Master of Science (Chemistry)
Master of Science (Cyber Security)
M.Sc. (Environmental Science)
Master of Science in Geography
Master of Science (Geo Informatics)
Master of Science (Information Technology)
Master of Science (Mathematics)
Master of Science (Physics)
Master of Science (Zoology)
Master of Social Work
Master of Tourism and Travel Management
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts (Yoga)
Bachelor of Computer Applications
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
B.Ed. Special Education – (Learning Disability)
B.Ed. Special Education – (Mental Retardation)
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management
Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) Admission Eligibility Criteria
Uttarakhand Open University Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria – candidate must have done graduation in any stream or equivalent
Uttarakhand Open University Distance BBA Eligibility Criteria – candidate must have cleared class 12th with from any recognized or equivalent
- Qualifications for PG and MBA Programs at Uttarakhand Open University – The students must have received their diplomas in any stream or an equivalent from a recognized university.
- The students must have passed or finished their classes 10th and 12th from any of the recognized and well-known boards to be eligible for admission to the undergraduate program at the Uttarakhand Open University.
Distance MBA Uttarakhand Open University (UOU)
A two-year MBA program is available through the university. Students who have earned at least a 50% grade point average (GPA) at the graduate or postgraduate level, or who have earned a 45% GPA at the graduate level and have two years of administrative, professional, or teaching experience, are eligible for this course. For the reserved categories, there is a 5% relaxation.
Admissions Process – Candidates’ MAT/CAT scores or results from the university’s entrance exam will be used to determine if they are admitted. Forms for the entrance exam are available for Rs 1000.
Candidates who pass the entrance exam must visit the university to have their documents verified. For verification, the originals of the following documents are required:
filled out an application- copies with their own signatures of their 10th- and 12-grade transcripts and certificates, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, experience certificates, and, if necessary, category certificates
MBA Fee Schedule: The total cost of the online MBA program is Rs. 33,000.
Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) Distance MBA eligibility criteria
- A student must receive a minimum of 50% in their post-graduation or graduation course in order to be admitted to an MBA program.
- Candidates with 45% or higher in their undergraduate studies who have two years of managerial, professional, or teaching experience are also eligible to apply. Candidates with prior experience will receive a 5% admission relaxation.
- The university administers an entrance exam as part of the admissions process. Candidates do not need to take the university admission exam if they have already taken the MAT or CAT.
Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) Distance Education Review & Ranking
Uttarakhand Open University is well known for providing distance education so it has 90+ study centers for helping all the candidates who has taken distance program from UOU in different locations of the state i.e. Dehradun, Roorkee, Bageshwar, Haldwani, Pauri, Uttarkashi, Pithoragarh, and Ranikhet.
Since the Uttarakhand Open University is well known for offering distance learning, it has more than 90 study centers to assist all candidates who have enrolled in UOU’s distance learning programs in various state locations, including Dehradun, Roorkee, Bageshwar, Haldwani, Pauri, Uttarkashi, Pithoragarh, and Ranikhet. The primary objective of the University is to meet the educational demands of the target populations in order to build knowledgeable and skilled human resources for the State’s rapid development.
What is the Uttarakhand Open University distance MBA course fee?
Ans. Uttarakhand Open University distance MBA course fee given below:-
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Ques. Where are the Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) regional centers?
Ans. Dehradun, Roorkee, Bageshwar, Haldwani, Pauri, Uttarkashi, Pithoragarh, and Ranikhet
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion for UOU, Haldwani distance MBA admission?
Ans. For getting admission at UOU, Haldwani distance MBA program, candidate has to do graduation in any stream or equivalent
Ques. What are the contact details of Uttarakhand Open University?
Ans. Uttarakhand Open University, Behind Transport Nagar, Vishwavidyalaya Marg, Haldwani (Nainital) – 263139 Uttarakhand
Ques. Is an MBA from Uttarakhand Open University worth it?
Answer: Without a doubt, India is getting better every day. We need reputable institutions that provide top-notch MBA programs because India is developing daily. One of the forerunners in the field of distance education is Uttarakhand Open University.
Ques. What programs does the Open University of Uttarakhand offer?
Answer: Through remote learning, Uttarakhand Open University offers a variety of courses in both English and Hindi. The courses are broken down into various categories, including UG Degree, PG Degree, PG Diploma, Diploma & Certification.
Ques. In India, is the university authorized to provide a distance MBA?
Answer: Yes, the university has been given the go-ahead to offer distant MBAs by the UGC and the Distance Education Bureau.
Ques. What is Uttarakhand Open University’s placement procedure for distance MBA students?
Answer: The placement cells at the institution handle all placements. Students receive the job-market skills they need and are connected to potential companies. Most of the students receive placement offers from prestigious businesses both in India and around the world.
Ques. Does Uttarakhand Open University require an entrance exam for admission to its distance MBA program?
Answer: Yes, hopefuls must take the entrance exam made available by the university. Those with genuine CAT/MAT scores, however, might be exempt. The entrance exam costs Rs. 1000.