Assam Don Bosco University (DBU)
Don Bosco Global Centre for Online & Distance Education, University Headquarters, Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati 781017, Assam, India
Approved By: AICTE Type: Public
If you are interested in this college
Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) Distance MBA/BBA Overview
Don Bosco University is a Private University located in Guwahati; Assam was established in March 2008. Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) is a venture of the Salesians of Don Bosco (SDB) executed by Don Bosco Society, Azara, Guwahati to get rid of illiteracy in Assam. The university aims at imparting holistic education to mold intellectually competent, morally upright socially committed and spiritually inspired persons at the service of the world.
The university offers different academic programs and they include graduate programs in engineering and technology, postgraduate programs in engineering and technology, postgraduate programs in management, social science and some Ph.D. programs. University offers very limited number of seats for Distance MBA programs. The university provide quality university degree programs on an online platform to students and working professionals across the globe, DBUG uses the cutting-edge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and the power of the Internet to reach out to students worldwide.
This University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). It is also a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Distance Education Bureau and IGNOU approved this University for all Distance Courses under this University.
The Don Bosco ethos of ensuring that every student gets equal access to quality education, regardless of his or her background, also holds true at DBU Global.
Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) Distance MBA/BBA Programs
Programmes offered by Don Bosco University – Global centre of Distance Education are given below:-
|1||BBA (Bachelor’s in Business Management)|
|2||BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)|
|3||Bachelor of Commerce|
|4||Bachelor of Art (Philosophy)|
|1||Master of Business Administration|
|2||MBA In Entrepreneurship, Business|
|3||MBA In Technology Management|
|4||Master of Computer Applications|
|5||Master of Arts (Human Rights)|
|6||Master of Science (IT)|
|7||Master of Arts (Philosophy)|
|8||Master of Arts (Human Right)|
|9||Master of Arts (Mass Communication)|
|10||Master of Arts (Education)|
|11||Master of Social work|
|12||Master of Commerce.|
The university offers 5 different specializations for MBA courses and they are: –
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Human Resource Management
- Finance Management
- Marketing Management
The course is made up of 4 semesters which may be completed within a minimum duration of 2 years and a maximum duration of 4 years.
3.Certificate and Diploma Course:-Communication for Pastoral Leadership (CPL) offered by the CBCI Office for Social Communications
Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) Distance MBA/BBA Admission Procedure
Academic year starts from August of every year.Candidates willing to apply for any of the Distance MBA courses needs to visit the official website of Don Bosco University- Global Centre for Open & Distance Education:
- On visiting the official website, candidate needs to choose the programme they are willing to apply.
- Click on to ‘Apply now’ on the online application portal, candidate needs to create an account using their name, email.id, phone number for authentication. Facebook or Google ID can also be used for authentication themselves with their system.
- Once the sign-up procedure is completed, system verification of the candidate is done by sending an email link oraSMS code to the candidate email.id or mobile phone.
- Candidate needs to complete the verification procedure prior to filling up of the application form.
- Once verified, the candidate can start with the application process by selecting the program, filling in all personal,academic and professional details, as well as uploading directly onto the system the required documents.
- On completion of application, candidate needs to choose the mode of fee payment:
- Online via debit / credit card
- Net banking
- DD in favor of the University
- After having done so, candidate is required to Submit the form, by clicking the submit button on the portal. A submitted application is sent to the University registration department for further processing and approvals.
- On approval, candidate receives a welcome email, with a PDF of the filled in application form attached. As a final step, the applicant is required to download the PDF, print it, sign all its pages, and send with signed copies of the Documents uploaded earlier, to the address of Registration department.
In order to secure admission into Assam Don Bosco University course candidate will need to pay the Installment amounts as detailed on your Admission letter issued to the candidate.
- Online- Using your Credit /Debit card or Internet Banking
- Offline- Through Swift / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank transfer
Bank transfers Details:
- Account Name Assam Don Bosco University
- Bank Name HDFC Bank
- Bank Address Word no. 7, A.T. Road, Near MaligaonChariyali, Guwahati, Kamrup, Assam
- Account No. 228 214 500 00148
- Type SB-Trust
- MICR 781240009
- RTGS/NEFT IFSC HDFC0002282
- SWIFT CODE HDFCINBBCAL
In case of Offline transaction:Candidate needs to send the payment transfer document as early as possible.When making deposit payment / filling in the transfer form, candidate needs to ensure that the full name, date of birth,address etc. are clearly mentioned. In addition to the above, candidate needs to email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the university of the payment.
Documents to be uploaded: –
- Originals of marksheets for verification
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste/Tribe/ Community certificate if applicable
- Student health form duly filled
Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) Distance MBA/PGDM Fee Structure
- Admission fee: INR 20,000
- Tuition fee: 51,000 x 6= INR 3,06,000 (Can be submitted in six installments, INR 51,000/each installment)
- Development fee: 9000 x 3= INR 27,000 (can be paid in 3 installment)
- Library fee: 5000 x 3= INR 15,000 (can be paid in 3 installment)
- Co-curricular activity: 2500 x 2= INR 5000
- Placement assistance fee: INR 3000 (towards to end of the course; 4th installment)
TOTAL ACADEMIC FEE: INR 3,76,000.
- IT services: 2500 x 2= INR 5000
- Mediclaim: INR 1500
- Alumni fund: INR 2000
- Uniform (2 set): INR 2250
- Blazer: INR 2500
- Caution deposit (refundable): INR 200
TOTAL REQUISITES– INR 15000
Total overall fee for Distance MBA: INR 3,91,000
Total overall fee for Distance BBA: INR 2.67 Lakhs
Assam Don Bosco University Distance MBA/BBA Learning Mode
Candidates have an option to choose any of these two-learning modes:-
- Blended Learning:-In blended learning mode students have access to both a virtual classroom, as well as the e Learning portal.
- E-Learning:-In E-Learning mode students only get access to e Learning portal where he gets access to recorded sessions and lecture videos, ebooks & test yourself modules
Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) Distance MBA/BBA Eligibility Criteria
1.General Distance MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria:-Candidates willing to take admission in MBA (Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Operations Management and Retail Management) must be graduate from any recognized educational institution.
2.MBA in Entrepreneurship, Business Management and Strategy and MBA in Technology Management Admission Eligibility Criteria:-
Candidate willing to take admission must have at least 50% marks in their bachelor’s degree from any recognized educational institution.
Candidates having at least 3 years of full-time experience managerial, supervisory or professional roles can also apply for this course(after their graduation (Three years Full-Time experience shall be determined as on 1st August of the year of admission). The course is made up of 4 semesters which may be completed within a minimum duration of 2 years and a maximum duration of 4 years.
Bachelor in Business Administration(BBA)
Educational Qualification : Candidate must have completed 10 +2 or equivalent degree from any recognized University/institution.
Age Requirements : There is no minimum age .
Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) Distance MBA Review & Ranking
- Degree Accreditation: Don Bosco MBA Programs are accredited degree’s, awarded by Don Bosco University one of the world’s premier Open Universities. The Programs are designed by some of the finest academic minds in the field of Management in India and are rigorous by Distance Learning MBA & Correspondence MBA standards.
- Interactive learning: Classes are taught by Professors and faculty, over the internet, using a unique Virtual Classroom platform that endeavors to provide you with the closest to ‘regular’ MBA experience possible in Correspondence MBA Programs.
- Course flexibility: Students can give their exams at a predetermined time of their choice while being proctored online by the University’s Proctoring Staff, using the Students Web Camera.Students would require a PC / Laptop with a Web Camera, Microphone, and Speakers or a Headset, as well as a dependable Broadband Internet Connection (512K/1MBPS), to be able to attend these examinations.
- These exams can be taken from anywhere in the World.
- Award Received: The University was conferred with “Engaged University of the Year 2020 Asia Pacific (Entrepreneurship and Engagement Excellence) Award” on January 10, 2020 by Accreditation Council for Entrepreneurial & Engaged Universities (ACEEU), Science Park, Netherlands.
Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) FAQS for Distance MBA Programes
Q1: When was the Assam Don Bosco University founded?
Ans: Assam Don Bosco University was founded on 29th March 2008.
Q2: How many colleges are there at the Assam Don Bosco University?
Ans: Assam Don Bosco University does not have any affiliated colleges. However, at present it has the following constituent units:
- Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology (DBCET)
- Don Bosco Institute of Management (DBIM)
- Don Bosco Institute of Social Sciences (DBISS)
- DBU Centre for Online and Distance Education (DBU-CODE)
Q3: How good is the Don Bosco Institute of Management for an MBA?
Ans: The Assam Don Bosco University offers postgraduate management across several different specialization. The teaching style and the course material provided by the institute is no doubt amongst the best in the country for working professionals.
Q4: What courses does DBU offer?
Ans: Don Bosco University offers a variety of Academic Programmes offering Graduate and Postgraduate degree in various domains: such as Engineering, Management, Computer Application, Philosophy, Education, Social Sciences, Research and Distance/Online Learning. Not only this DBU also offers Certificate and Diploma Course is also provided on Communication for Pastoral Leadership (CPL) offered by the CBCI Office for Social Communications.
Q5: Is Assam Don Bosco University recognized by UGC?
Ans: Assam Don Bosco University is set up by an Act of the Assam Legislative Assembly (Assam Act No IX of 2009 dated 12 February 2009) and is recognized by UGC (F. No. 8-13/2009(CPP-I) dated 13 November 2009) and empowered to award degrees.
The University is also a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), the International Association of Universities (IAU), and the worldwide network of Don Bosco Universities (IUS).
Q6: Does Assam Don Bosco University offer English proficiency courses to the students?
Ans: The University does not offer any English Proficiency Course as a separate course of study but keeps in mind the need of developing English communication skills of the students, the university has a vibrant and well equipped computerized Language Lab and a very well organized student development program.
Q7: Is the Assam Don Bosco University approved to offer distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, the institution is approved by DEB, UGC, NAAC, AICTE, and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Q8: Which e-learning facilities are available at the university?
Ans: The institution has state-of-the-art e-learning facilities that comprise LCD projectors, clear audio systems, digitized library, and online assignment portals.DBUG uses the latest in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and the power of the Internet to reach out to students around the world.
Q9: What is the application procedure for the distance MBA at the institution?
Ans: All interested candidates are required to register themselves in the online admission portal using their valid email addresses. Upon verification candidate needs to use this portal to complete their registration online.
Alternatively, candidates can apply for the program offline submitting their duly completed application forms to the university.
Q10: Can school fees be paid in installments?
Ans: Yes, candidates can pay school fees in instalments at the beginning of every semester.
Q11: Can postal orders/money orders be used to pay for the program fee?
Ans: No, fees can only be paid online using credit cards, debit cards, or Net Banking. Alternatively, students can use Demand Draft written in favour of the Directorate of Distance Education, Assam Don Bosco University.
Q12: Is the Assam Don Bosco University approved to offer distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, the institution is approved by DEB, UGC, NAAC, AICTE, and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Q13: Does the University offer any kind of scholarship scheme for Distance learning candidates?
Ans:-Yes, The University offers the following Scholarships for its On-line and Distance Education Programs:
Samarthan – Defence – Serving / Retired members of the Defence Services of India are entitled to a Scholarship amounting to 25% of the Tuition/Academic Fees. Dependent Children or a Spouse of a Serving Member is entitled to the same extent.
Avalanab – Disability – People with 40% or more Disability, with a Certificate of the same, are entitled to a Scholarship amounting to 25% of the Tuition/Academic Fees
Saathi – Candidates working in the Non Profit Sector, either Social (NGO) or Religious Organizations, are entitled to a Scholarship amounting to 40% of the Tuition/Academic Fees
Sangee – Ex Don Bosco Alumni – Students who have cleared either Class X or XII from any Don Bosco School in India, can be entitled to a Scholarship amounting to 25% of the Tuition/Academic Fees
Asha – Girl Students from disadvantaged backgrounds or one who is the only child in her family, with 60% in their Class XII, shall have FREE Admission to BBA /BCA Program, provided they enrol within 2 years of their passing XII.
Sadhak – Performer – Students with 75%+ in Class XII, and 70% + in Graduation (All years Avg), shall be entitled to get 30% scholarship in PG Programs.
Protsahan – Students with 75%+ in Class X and Class XII, get 30% scholarship in UG Programs.
Apart from these schemes, the University assists students who can avail ‘Education Loan’ from the Banks through the University Development Office. The University has a tie-up with Punjab National Bank (PNB), North East Region, for this purpose. It also has a close collaboration with the State Bank of India (SBI), North Eastern Circle.
Q14: What is the placement scenario in Assam Don Bosco University?
Ans: To achieve the right placement for every student the University has a dedicated placement cell that works towards recognizing and developing the core competencies and enhancing the interpersonal and communication skills of every student. We give our students the very best, so that they may become employable by the best organizations.
Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) Contact Details
Address: Don Bosco Global Centre for Online & Distance Education, University Headquarters, Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati 781017, Assam, India
Phone India Toll-Free Number: 1800-10260-18