Calicut University Distance Education
School of Distance Education University of Calicut, Calicut University [P.O], Malappuram, Kerala – 673635
Approved By: AICTE Type: Public
If you are interested in this college
Calicut University Distance MBA Overview
The University of Calicut is one of Kerala’s largest University. It is a public university established in the year 1968. It is one second oldest university in Kerala, India. The university is administered and funded by the state government of Kerala. It was created by bifurcating Kerala University which is the largest university in Kerala. The University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi has approved the University of Calicut. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), New Delhi has Re-accredited the university with “A” Grade.
The university has numerous off-campus located in Malappuram, Wayanad, Palakkad, Thrissur, and Kozhikode district in Kerala and Lakshadweep island. The University has various departments such as English, Science, Arabic, Botany, Hindi, History, Management Studies, Mathematics, Zoology, Sanskrit, Malayalam and Kerala Studies, Law and many more. The university is the affiliating body of more than 394 colleges located in various parts of the state. It administers and conducts the semester’s examination and admissions in all the affiliated colleges. The university also decides the courses offered, syllabus and teaching technique used by the affiliated colleges.
The University has modern infrastructure such as a very rich library, Sports complexes, cafeterias and modern classrooms. The Library was established in the year 1971 was renamed after C.H. Mohammed Koya (Former Education Minister, Kerala). It has a collection of more than 95,000 books, 218 journals and ten newspapers. The library is a fully automated university library.
The school of distance education (formerly known as the Institute of Correspondence Courses and Continuing Education) started in the academic year 1981-82. The main objective for the establishment was to provide education to the students who can’t afford regular campus education due to financial or time deficiencies. It will also enable the students of rural areas to continue their higher education. The corporate executives prefer distance MBA as it enables them to enhance their qualification without leaving their jobs.
Calicut University Distance MBA Programs and Specializations
The University Grant Commission (UGC) approves the courses offered by the university. All India Council for Technical Education has also approved the technical courses offered by the university. The programs are designed considering the current requirement of the industry. The university also emphasized the use of modern technologies for bettering teaching.
The courses offered by the School of Distance Education, University of Calicut are as follows:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDFM)
- PG Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- PG Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGHRM)
- PG Diploma in International Business (PGDIB)
The MBA Program offered can be availed with the specializations. The students can choose one specialization or two. In the latter case, they will receive a degree of degree specialization. The specification offered by the university are as follows:
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Studies
Caicut University Distance MBA Admission Procedure
The admissions are done in two cycles: Spring batch classes start in January, Fall Batch classes start in July .
The candidate will need to furnish the following documents for admission :
- 10th Marks card/Certificate
- 12th Marks Card/Certificate
- Degree Certificate
- Photo ID Proof
- Student will need to pay an amount of Rs 1200/– towards the admission processing fee, and subsequently will need to pay an amount of Rs 25, 000/– towards the program fee, every semester throughout the 4 semester.
- One time full fee payment only Rs 86,000.
- Student can submit the fee online or by demand draft in favour of “SKVM NMIMS” payable at Mumbai
Calicut University Distance MBA/PGDM Course Duration
The course duration of University of Calicut Distance MBA courses is as follows:
|S. No.||Subject Name||Duration||Semesters|
|1.||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Two years||Four semesters|
Note: It is mandatory for all the students enrolled in MBA to complete all the Courses within five years, including the year of registration.
Calicut University Distance MBA/PGDM Fee Structure
The fee structure for Distance MBA at University of Calicut is as follows:
|Total course fee||6,240/-|
Calicut University Distance Learning MBA Admission Important Dates
|1.||Application commences||1st week of July 2020|
|2.||Deadline of submission of application||Last week of July 2020|
|3.||Admit Card||1st week of August 2020|
|4.||Declaration of Result||2nd week of August 2020|
|5.||Counselling||3rd week of September 2020|
Calicut University Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for admission in the Distance MBA program offered by the university are as follows:
- The university has no age bar for admission to the Distance MBA offered by the university.
- The candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent with a minimum of 50 percent marks.
- The candidate must have passed any bachelor degree from any university or institute recognized by UGC or AICTE with not less than 50 percent in aggregate.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST, OBC, or any other reserved category will be given relaxation as per the university regulations.
Calicut University Distance MBA Review & Ranking
The University of Calicut is among the top public universities in the state of Kerala. It was established with the motto to provide higher education to the larger section of the society. The university has a separate Grievance Redressal Cell, which looks into the welfare well being of the students and staff. It also has E-Learning facilities with the aim to utilize modern technology and provide exposure to the students. The university pays special emphasis on grooming the leadership qualities, communication skills, responsibilities, and innovative skills in the students. It regularly organizes festivals and seminars to encourage the students in extracurricular activities. The university also has numerous sports complexes for the students.
Calicut University FAQS For Executive/Distance MBA Programes
Ques.1. How can I use PG distance at Calicut University?
Ans:- The Interested Candidates are recommended to visit the official website at www.cuonline.ac.in for the registration process. The candidates are required to stay alert regarding notification of schedule that will be published on the website. The candidates can obtain information regarding, registration dates, procedure, fees details and date of commencement of classes from the website
Ques.2. How can I apply for revaluation in Calicut University?
- To apply for revaluation in Calicut University visit the online portal for online revaluation.
- The candidates are required to pay the required fees online and obtain the barcode or challan number.
- After payment of the fees, the students have to visit the website click here to select the specific course.
- The candidates are required to provide their barcode, registered ID, name and future personal details to confirm the procedure.
Ques.3. How will I transfer my University Of Calicut degree to the Other University?
Ans:- The candidates who have successfully completed their 1st and 2nd semester can avail for transfer facility in their 3rd semester. The candidates can avail for transfer within the same board/university after successful completion of 1st year with minimum 60% marks in semester examination.
Ques.4. How can I apply online for admission to the University Of Calicut?
Ans:-Interested candidate for availing admission in PG distance in Calicut University can refer the following procedure:
- Visit the official website at www.cuonline.ac for registration.
- Select Postgraduate courses. The mode of Registration for PG distance courses in Calicut is entertained in online mode only.
- Post-registration, the candidates are required to pay online registration fees for a future procedure.
- The candidates should ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility criteria mentioned in the admission rules on the website.
- The candidates must pay the mandatory fee within the prescribed time period to avoid cancellation of allotment.
- Printout the payment receipt and online application to submit in the college during admission.
Ques.5. What is the Fees Structure of distance MBA in Calicut University?
Ans:- The candidates are required to pay total fees Rs. 6200 towards distance MBA. The revised fees structure shall be updated to the candidates by the university during the admission procedure.
Calicut University Previous Year Question Paper For Distance MBA
Calicut University Distance Education previous year question papers:-
For more question paper click here