Calicut University Distance Education
School of Distance Education University of Calicut, Calicut University [P.O], Malappuram, Kerala – 673635
Approved By: AICTE Type: Public
If you are interested in this college
Calicut University Distance Education Overview
The University of Calicut is one of Kerala’s largest Universities. It is a public university established in the year 1968. It is one second oldest university in Kerala, India. The university is administered and funded by the state government of Kerala. It was created by bifurcating Kerala University which is the largest university in Kerala. The University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi has approved the University of Calicut. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), New Delhi has Re-accredited the university with “A” Grade.
The school of distance education (formerly known as the Institute of Correspondence Courses and Continuing Education) started in the academic year 1981-82.
Calicut University Distance MBA Overview:-
The corporate executives prefer distance MBA as it enables them to enhance their qualification without leaving their jobs. The main objective for the establishment was to provide education to the students who can’t afford regular campus education due to financial or time deficiencies.
Calicut University Distance BBA Overview:-
Calicut University Distance Education offers Bachelor of Business Administration, which is three years full time under graduate course. Students having HSC certificate from any recognized institute are eligible for this course.
Calicut University Distance Courses Offered
The programs are designed considering the current requirement of the industry. The courses offered by the School of Distance Education, University of Calicut are given below:-
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (B.Sc)
- BA in Afzal-Ul-Ulama
- BA in Arabic
- BA in Sanskrit
- BA in Sociology
- BA in Economics
- BA in English
- BA in Hindi
- BA in Malayalam
- BA in History
- BA in Political Science
- BA in Philosophy
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Science in Mathematics (M.Sc)
- MA in Arabic
- MA in Sanskrit
- MA in Malayalam
- MA in Political Science
- MA in Philosophy
- MA in Sociology
- MA in Economics
- MA in English
- MA in Hindi
- MA in History
The MBA Programme can be offered in various specializations. Candidates can opt for 1-2 specialization. The specification offered by the university in Distance MBA prodramme are given below:-
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Studies
Caicut University Distance Courses Admission Procedure
The admissions are done in two cycles: for spring batch classes start in the month of January and for Fall Batch classes start in the month of July.
The candidate will need to furnish the following documents for admission:-
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- UG mark sheet (for MBA admission)
- Photo ID Proof (eg: aadhar card, license)
- Passport size photo
Calicut University Distance MBA/BBA Course Duration
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Two years|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||3 years|
Calicut University Distance Courses Fee Structure 2021
|Total course fee||6,240/-|
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
|Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA]||9,000|
Calicut University Distance Learning Admission Important Dates 2021
Calicut University Distance Learning MBA/PGDM Admission 2021:-
|Online Common Application Opens|
|Online Common Application closes||June 2021|
|Counseling and Information Session Start Date||To be notified|
|Selection process start date||To be notified|
|Result Declaration Date||To be notified|
Calicut University Distance Education Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for admission in the Distance MBA program offered by the University of Calicut is as follows:
- Aspirant must have done any bachelor degree from any recognized university or institute with min. 50% marks in aggregate.
- SC/ST, OBC, or any other reserved category aspirants will be given relaxation as per the university rules and regulations.
The eligibility for admission in the Distance BBA program offered by the University of Calicut is as follows:
Candidate must have cleared class 12th from a recognized board or equivalent degree from any recognized University/institution.
Calicut University Distance Education Review & Ranking
The University of Calicut is among the top public university in the state of Kerala. It was established with the motto to provide higher education to the larger section of the society. The university has a separate Grievance Redressal Cell, which looks into the welfare well being of the students and staff. It also has E-Learning facilities with the aim to utilize modern technology and provide exposure to the students. The university pays special emphasis on grooming the leadership qualities, communication skills, responsibilities, and innovative skills in the students. It regularly organizes festivals and seminars to encourage the students in extracurricular activities. The university also has numerous sports complexes for the students.
Calicut University FAQs for Distance Programs Admission
Ques. How can I use PG distance at Calicut University?
Ans. The Interested Candidates are recommended to visit the official website at www.cuonline.ac.in for the registration process. The candidates are required to stay alert regarding notification of schedule that will be published on the website. The candidates can obtain information regarding, registration dates, procedure, fees details and date of commencement of classes from the website
Ques. What is the Application form fee of the Calicut University Distance Education?
Ans. The Calicut University Distance Education application form fee is Rs. 200/-.
Ques. How can I apply for admission at Calicut University?
Ans. To apply for admission in Calicut University visit the online portal for online revaluation.
- The candidates are required to pay the required fees online and obtain the barcode or challan number.
- After payment of the fees, the students have to visit the website click here to select the specific course.
- The candidates are required to provide their barcode, registered ID, name and future personal details to confirm the procedure.
Ques. How can I transfer my University Of Calicut degree to the Other University?
Ans. The candidates who have successfully completed their 1st and 2nd semester can avail for transfer facility in their 3rd semester. The candidates can avail for transfer within the same board/university after successful completion of 1st year with minimum 60% marks in semester examination.
Ques.4. How can I apply online for admission to the Calicut University?
Ans:-Interested candidate for availing admission in PG distance in Calicut University can refer the following procedure:
- Visit the official website at cuonline.ac for registration.
- Select Postgraduate courses. The mode of Registration for PG distance courses in Calicut is entertained in online mode only.
- Post-registration, the candidates are required to pay online registration fees for a future procedure.
- The candidates should ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility criteria mentioned in the admission rules on the website.
- The candidates must pay the mandatory fee within the prescribed time period to avoid cancellation of allotment.
- Printout the payment receipt and online application to submit in the college during admission.
Ques. What are the contact details of Calicut University?
Ans. Address for correspondence –
The Director, School of Distance Education,
University of Calicut, Calicut University PO,
Kerala – 673 635, India
Contact Number – 0494 2407356, 2400288