Alagappa University Online/Distance Education
Alagappa University, Alagappa Puram, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu.
Approved By: NAAC , AIU , UGC , DEB Type: Public
If you are interested in this college
Alagappa University Distance Education Overview
The Alagappa University has been established in 1992. The Directorate of Alagappa University provides Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) Programmes in the Management, Computer Applications, Science, Education, and Languages.
The Directorate of Distance provides number of novel job-oriented, and 84 academic programs in the stream of Arts, Science, Education, Information Technology, and Management. Alagappa University has a finest network of number of Learning Centers which provides effective and efficient services to the student community.
Alagappa University Distance BBA
The Bachelor of business administration (BBA) is the finest course which is provided by Alagappa University. It is a 3 years degree program in which the students who has completed their 10+2 can join. In this, a person needs to understand business planning, business strategy, marketing, and finance. The Alagappa University of distance BBA program is a perfect course for the aspirants who want to make their careers in the field of business management.
Alagappa University Distance Education Course Offered
|NAME OF PROGRAMME||Duration|
|M.Com. *||2 Years|
|M.Com. (Finance & Control)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (General) *||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (International Business)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Banking and Finance)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Corporate Secretaryship)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Project Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Hospital Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Human Resource Management) *||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Tourism)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Education Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A.( 5 year Integrated) *||5 Years|
|M.B.A. (Retail Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Technology Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Logistics Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Corporate Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Financial Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Marketing Management) *||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (System Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Production and Operations Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A.(Co-operative Management)||2 Years|
|PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES|
|P.G. Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Hospital Administration||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Human Resource Management||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Business Management||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Sports Management||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Yoga||1 Year|
|B.Lit. (Tamil)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English)||3 Years|
|B.A. (History) *||3 Years|
|B.A.(Economics) *||3 Years|
|B.A. (Public Administration)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc.(Information Technology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc.(Computer Science)||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Psychology)||3 Years|
|B.B.A. (Banking)||3 Years|
|B.Com. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)||1 Year|
Alagappa University Distance Education Admission Procedure
- The candidate may seek admission either directly to the University or through any one of the approved Learning Centers. The list of Approved Learning Centers is given in the Website:- alagappauniversity.ac.in.
- If the candidates have enrolled straight with the University, so the Course Materials will be sent straight to the candidates and they have to attend the Contact Classes at Karaikudi only.
- If the candidates have to enrolled with Learning Centers, after that the Course Materials will be directly sent through the Learning Centers and they have to attend the Contact Classes which is managed by the Learning Centers at their places.
- Direct admission with the UniversityThe following documents are to be enclosed along with the filled-in application:
- The original entry qualification of HSC/ Diploma Certificate or Degree or Provisional Certificate and a copy attested by the Gazetted Officer. (Original Certificates will be returned immediately after verification)
- Student Index Card with stamp size photo and signature affixed.
- Demand Draft for the prescribed total fee drawn in favour of the Director, DDE, Alagappa University, payable on any bank at Karaikudi.
- There is no Transfer Certificate is mandatory for admission to any of the Courses in this university. However, a ‘Course Completion Certificate’ may be issued for those candidates who apply for it.
- The Transfer Certificate can be given only when the following documents are to be given : by post (or) In person (candidate only).
Previous original T.C of the candidate.
Fees Rs-100/- Through Demand Draft
(“Favour the Director, DDE, Alagappa University, Karaikudi “)
Cash payment through Bank Counter at DDE campus.Copy of Student I.D card.
The filled-in application along with the required documents should be sent to the following address by Registered Post before the last date specified:
Directorate of Distance Education,
Karaikudi – 630 003,
Admission through Learning Centre
The filled-in application has to be submitted through the Learning Centers along with the following documents:
- The original qualification of HSC/ Diploma Certificate or Degree or Provisional Certificate and a copy of attested by the Gazetted Officer. I.e.(Original Certificates will be returned immediately after verification).
- The Students have the Index Card with a stamp size photo and signature attached.
- The candidates have to give two Demand Drafts (DD) independently towards Course Fee (For details see Annexure-I):
- One Demand Draft in favor of the Director, DDE, Alagappa University, payable at Karaikudi towards the University Share, and
- Another Demand Draft in favor of the Learning Center concerned through whom the candidate seeks admission.
- The above Two Demand Drafts should be submitted to the Learning Center along with the filled-in Application.
- There is no need of transfer Certificate for admission to any of the Courses. On the other hand ‘Course Completion Certificate’ may be given for those candidates who can apply for the same.
- The candidates are advised not to pay any fee in the form of Cash to the Learning Center under any circumstances.
- Please note that no other fee is payable by the candidates to the Learning Centers except Examination Fees.
Alagappa University Distance Education Fee Structure 2022
The fee per year for all the courses are given below:-
|S.No||Name of Programmes||Course Fees (per Year)|
|3||B.A. (History) *||2500|
|5||B.A. (Public Administration)||2500|
|9||Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||8300|
|14||B.Com. (Computer Applications)||4400|
|15||Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)||4200|
|19||M.A. (History) *||5000|
|21||M.A. (Personnel Management and Industrial Relations)||5000|
|22||M.A. (Child Care and Education)||5000|
|25||M.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication )||5000|
|29||M.Sc., (Information Technology)||14300|
|30||Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||15400|
|37||M.Sc. (Home Science – Nutrition and Dietetics)||20000|
|39||M.Com. (Finance & Control)||4400|
|40||M.B.A. (General) *||13200|
|41||M.B.A. (International Business)||13200|
|42||M.B.A. (Banking and Finance)||13200|
|43||M.B.A. (Corporate Secretaryship)||13200|
|44||M.B.A. (Project Management)||13200|
|45||M.B.A. (Hospital Management)||13200|
|46||M.B.A. (Human Resource Management) *||13200|
|48||M.B.A. (Education Management)||13200|
|49||M.B.A.( 5 year Integrated) * #|
|50||M.B.A. (Retail Management)||13200|
|51||M.B.A. (Technology Management)||13200|
|52||M.B.A. (Logistics Management)||13200|
|53||M.B.A. (Corporate Management)||13200|
|54||M.B.A. (Financial Management)||13200|
|55||M.B.A. (Marketing Management) *||13200|
|56||M.B.A. (System Management)||13200|
|57||M.B.A. (Production and Operations Management)||13200|
|59||Master of Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc.)||5000|
|PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES|
|60||P.G. Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)||8300|
|61||P.G. Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations||5500|
|62||P.G. Diploma in Hospital Administration||5500|
|63||P.G. Diploma in Human Resource Management||5500|
|64||P.G. Diploma in Business Management||5500|
|65||P.G. Diploma in Sports Management||5500|
|66||P.G. Diploma in Yoga||3300|
Fee Structure of Alagappa University Online Education
|Courses||First Year Fee|
|Master of Business Administration||INR 20 thousand|
|Master of Physical Education||INR 16 thousand|
|Bachelor of Education||INR 18 thousand|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||INR 2 thousand 2 hundred|
|Bachelor of Science||INR 7 thousand|
|Master of Education||INR 15 thousand|
|Diploma||INR 5 thousand|
|Master of Science||INR 13 thousand|
|Master of Commerce||INR 4 thousand|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science||INR 2 thousand 2 hundred|
|Master of Fine Arts||INR 11 thousand 5 hundred|
|Master of Science||INR 4 thousand|
|Post Graduate Diploma||INR 5 thousand|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management||INR 20 thousand|
|Master of computer application||INR 36 thousand|
Alagappa University Distance Learning MBA Admission Important Dates 2022
New Admissions Schedule for July 2022 session:
|Admission Starts||May, 2022|
|Admission without late fee||May, 2022 to August, 2022|
|Admission with late fee of Rs. 500/-||To Be Announced|
|Admission with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||To Be Announced|
Important Dates for Executive MBA January 2022 session:
|Admission begin||April 2022|
|Admission without late fees||April 2022 to July 2022|
Alagappa University Distance Courses Admission Eligibility Criteria
Distance MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria:-
The university only requires the student to possess a degree from any of the recognized universities with a 10+2+3 education system
Distance BBA Admission Eligibility Criteria:-
Educational Qualification :Candidate must have completed 10 +2 or equivalent degree from any recognized institution.
Age Requirements :There is no minimum age requirement.
Alagappa University Distance MBA Review & Ranking
Alagappa University is one of the best universities in the country for distance education. The Alagappa University is ranked 19th between the top Distance education universities in the whole country by the Careers360 in its 2012 ranking. And it is highly reputed for all of its programmes.
- Placement: The Alagappa University is considered as one of the premium educational institutions which are well known for its unrelenting dedication on providing best quality education to their students. Many highly prestigious companies visit the campus for direct recruitment of students. Students get the opportunity to choose whichever employment best suits them. Multinational companies like Cognizant, Britannia, Nestle, Hexaware, IDBI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, and many more come for direct recruitment every year.
- Infrastructure:The University is spread across 450 acres of land with a modern multifaceted of buildings. The lush green campus includes a great infrastructure facility which helps the students to focus on their education. There are well-equipped classrooms, libraries to facilitate better learning. The University also has a dispensary with medical assistance. Hostel and mess facilities are also pretty decent with a lot of other food options apart from the mess.
- Faculty:Faculties of the university are well-educated, friendly and provide proper guidance and support to the students when required. They are highly qualified with publications and they believe to deliver a basic concept of their subjects. They also provide opportunities to the students to interact with industry leaders and learn the latest needs in the industry.
Alagappa University FAQs for Admission
Ques.1. Is the Alagappa Distance MBA program worth it?
Ans:- Alagappa University offers 2 years distance MBA program. The course is approved by University Grant Commission – Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB), New Delhi. Distance MBA from this University has various advantages including an updated-curriculum, affordable fee structure, examinations twice a year, many examination centres across Tamil Nadu. It is absolutely worth doing distance MBA from Alagappa University.
Ques.2. How can someone apply for this program?
Ans:- The Admissions are taking place two times in a year (during January-February) and (during July-August). For online admission, the candidates can fill-up the form available at www.alagappauniversityonline.com. For offline admission, candidates can obtain the application form from one of the study centers of Alagappa University. The candidate needs to submit a DD of Rs 300 drawn in the favor of “The Director, DDE, Alagappa University”. Next, he/ she must send the photocopies of required documents to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Alagappa University.
Ques.3. Can I physically visit Alagappa University after I register for a distance MBA?
Ans:- Though no physical classes are taken for the distance MBA program in Alagappa University, the students are allowed to visit the University on their will.
Ques.4. Is a distance MBA degree from Alagappa recognized internationally? Ans:- Since Alagappa University is approved by University Grant Commission – Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB), New Delhi, distance MBA degree from this Institute is well recognized internationally.
Ques.5. Is the placement score for distance MBA from Alagappa University best?
Ans:- The Alagappa University provide the better placement to their students. The college arranges internships for the students. Basically, the insurance companies are the prime recruiters for this Institute.
Ques.6. Can I apply for revaluation if I am unsatisfied with the mark awarded?
Ans:- If someone is unsatisfied with the mark awarded given by the university, then students can apply for the revaluation of the paper. The student needs to download the Annexure-V Performa, i.e. the application form for revaluation from the Website, and submit it to the University.
Ques.7. In Alagappa University, Distance education degree is valid or not?
Ans. Yes, the degree of distance education is valid in Alagappa University. The Alagappa University is recognised with A+ grade by NAAC in the year of 2017. And also graded as top ranked university by MHRD-UGC.
Ques.8. The Alagappa University is Government University or private university?
Ans. The Alagappa University is a public university located in Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu.
Ques.9. The Alagappa University good or not?
Ans. The Alagappa University is one of the finest university in the Tamil Nadu, India. This university has recognised with A+ grade by NAAC.
Ques.10. How can someone join the Alagappa University?
Ans. Aspirants have to score 50% marks in the Entrance Test and the 50% marks in qualifying degree. And the Minimum Marks in the Qualifying Degree for Admission is 50% for the SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Person with Disability and 55% of marks for all Other Aspirants.