Alagappa University Distance Education
Alagappa University, Alagappa Puram, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu.
Approved By: NAAC , AIU , UGC , DEB Type: Public
If you are interested in this college
Alagappa University Distance MBA/BBA Overview
The Directorate of Distance Education ,Alagappa University was established in the University in 1992. The Directorate offers Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programmes in the disciplines of Management, Computer Applications, Science, Education and Languages.
The Directorate offers various innovative, job-oriented and socially relevant 84 academic programmes in the field of Arts, Science, Information Technology, Education and Management. It has an excellent network of Many Learning Centers for providing effective service to the student community.
Alagappa University Distance Education Programs and Specializations
|NAME OF PROGRAMME||Duration|
|M.Com. *||2 Years|
|M.Com. (Finance & Control)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (General) *||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (International Business)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Banking and Finance)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Corporate Secretaryship)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Project Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Hospital Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Human Resource Management) *||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Tourism)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Education Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A.( 5 year Integrated) *||5 Years|
|M.B.A. (Retail Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Technology Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Logistics Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Corporate Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Financial Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Marketing Management) *||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (System Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Production and Operations Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A.(Co-operative Management)||2 Years|
|PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES|
|P.G. Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Hospital Administration||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Human Resource Management||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Business Management||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Sports Management||1 Year|
|P.G. Diploma in Yoga||1 Year|
|B.Lit. (Tamil)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English)||3 Years|
|B.A. (History) *||3 Years|
|B.A.(Economics) *||3 Years|
|B.A. (Public Administration)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc.(Information Technology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc.(Computer Science)||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Psychology)||3 Years|
|B.B.A. (Banking)||3 Years|
|B.Com. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)||1 Year|
Alagappa UniversityDistance MBA/BBA Admission Procedure
The candidate may seek admission either directly to the University or through any one of the approved Learning Centers. The list of Approved Learning Centers is given in the Website www.alagappauniversity.ac.in.
If the candidates enroll directly with the University, the Course Materials shall be directly sent to them and they have to attend the Contact Classes at Karaikudi only.
If candidates enroll through Learning Centers, the Course Materials shall be sent through the Learning Centers and they have to attend the Contact Classes arranged by the Learning Centers at their places.
Direct admission with the University The following documents are to be enclosed along with the filled-in application:
- The original entry qualification of HSC/ Diploma Certificate or Degree or Provisional Certificate and a copy attested by the Gazetted Officer. (Original Certificates will be returned immediately after verification)
- Student Index Card with stamp size photo and signature affixed.
- Demand Draft for the prescribed total fee drawn in favour of the Director, DDE, Alagappa University, payable on any bank at Karaikudi.
- No Transfer Certificate is required for admission to any of the Courses.However, a ‘Course Completion Certificate’ may be issued for those candidates who apply for it.
- The Transfer Certificate can be issued only on production of the following documents : by post (or) In person (candidate only).
Previous original T.C of the candidate.
Fees Rs-100/- Through Demand Draft
(“Favour the Director ,DDE, Alagappa University,Karaikudi “)
Cash payment through Bank Counter at DDE campus.Copy of Student I.D card.
The filled-in application along with the required documents should be sent to the following address by Registered Post before the last date specified:
Directorate of Distance Education,
Karaikudi – 630 003,
Admission through Learning Centre The filled-in application has to be submitted through the Learning Centers along with the following documents:
- The original entry qualification of HSC/ Diploma Certificate or Degree or Provisional Certificate and a copy attested by the Gazetted Officer. (Original Certificates will be returned immediately after verification).
- Student Index Card with a stamp size photo and signature affixed.
- The candidate has to submit two Demand Drafts separately towards Course Fee (For details see Annexure-I):
- One Demand Draft in favour of the Director, DDE, Alagappa University, payable at Karaikudi towards the University Share, and
- Another Demand Draft in favour of the Learning Center concerned through whom the candidate seeks admission.
- The above Two Demand Drafts should be submitted to the Learning Center along with the filled-in Application.
- No Transfer Certificate is required for admission to any of the Courses. However, a ‘Course Completion Certificate’ may be issued for those candidates who apply for it.
- The candidates are advised not to pay any fee in the form of Cash to the Learning Center under any circumstances.
- Please note that no other fee is payable by the candidates to the Learning Centers except Examination Fees.
Alagappa University Distance Education Fee Structure
The fee per year for all the courses are given below:-
|S.No||Name of Programmes||Course Fees Rs||Course Fee,if applicable for concession (25%)|
|3||B.A. (History) *||2500||1875|
|5||B.A. (Public Administration)||2500||1875|
|9||Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||8300||6225|
|14||B.Com. (Computer Applications)||4400||3300|
|15||Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)||4200||3150|
|19||M.A. (History) *||5000||3750|
|21||M.A. (Personnel Management and Industrial Relations)||5000||3750|
|22||M.A. (Child Care and Education)||5000||3750|
|25||M.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication )||5000||3750|
|29||M.Sc., (Information Technology)||14300||10725|
|30||Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||15400||11550|
|37||M.Sc. (Home Science – Nutrition and Dietetics)||20000||15000|
|39||M.Com. (Finance & Control)||4400||3300|
|40||M.B.A. (General) *||13200||9900|
|41||M.B.A. (International Business)||13200||9900|
|42||M.B.A. (Banking and Finance)||13200||9900|
|43||M.B.A. (Corporate Secretaryship)||13200||9900|
|44||M.B.A. (Project Management)||13200||9900|
|45||M.B.A. (Hospital Management)||13200||9900|
|46||M.B.A. (Human Resource Management) *||13200||9900|
|48||M.B.A. (Education Management)||13200||9900|
|49||M.B.A.( 5 year Integrated) * #|
|50||M.B.A. (Retail Management)||13200||9900|
|51||M.B.A. (Technology Management)||13200||9900|
|52||M.B.A. (Logistics Management)||13200||9900|
|53||M.B.A. (Corporate Management)||13200||9900|
|54||M.B.A. (Financial Management)||13200||9900|
|55||M.B.A. (Marketing Management) *||13200||9900|
|56||M.B.A. (System Management)||13200||9900|
|57||M.B.A. (Production and Operations Management)||13200||9900|
|59||Master of Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc.)||5000||3750|
|PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES|
|60||P.G. Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)||8300||6225|
|61||P.G. Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations||5500||4125|
|62||P.G. Diploma in Hospital Administration||5500||4125|
|63||P.G. Diploma in Human Resource Management||5500||4125|
|64||P.G. Diploma in Business Management||5500||4125|
|65||P.G. Diploma in Sports Management||5500||4125|
|66||P.G. Diploma in Yoga||3300||2475|
Alagappa University Distance Learning MBA Admission Important Dates
New Admissions Schedule for July 2021 session:
|Admission Starts||May, 2021|
|Admission without late fee||May, 2021 to August, 201|
|Admission with late fee of Rs. 500/-||To Be Announced|
|Admission with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||To Be Announced|
Important Dates for Executive MBA January 2021 session:
|Admission begin||April 2021|
|Admission without late fees||April 2021 to July 2021|
Alagappa UniversityDistance MBA/BBA Eligibility Criteria
The university only requires the student to possess a degree from any of the recognized universities with a 10+2+3 education system
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Educational Qualification :Candidate must have completed 10 +2 or equivalent degree from any recognized institution.
Age Requirements :There is no minimum age requirement.
Alagappa University Distance MBA/BBA Review & Ranking
Alagappa University is one of the best universities in the country for distance education. It has been ranked 19th among the top Distance education universities in the country by Careers360 in its 2012 ranking, and is highly respected for all of its courses.
- Placement: Alagappa University is reckoned as one of the finest educational institution for its persistent dedication on providing quality education to its students. Many highly prestigious companies visit the campus for direct recruitment of students. Students get the opportunity to choose whichever employment best suits them. Multinational companies like Cognizant, Britannia, Nestle, Hexaware, IDBI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank and many more come for direct recruitment every year.
- Infrastructure: The University is spread across 450 acres of land with modern multifaceted of buildings. The lush green campus includes great infrastructure facilities which helps the students to focus on their education. There are well equipped classrooms, libraries to facilitate better learning. The University also has a dispensary with medical assistance. Hostel and mess facilities are also pretty decent with a lot of other food options apart from the mess.
- Faculty: Faculties of the university are well-educated, friendly and provide proper guidance and support to the students when required. They are highly qualified with publications and they believe to deliver a basic concepts of their subjects. They also provide opportunities to the students to interact with industry leaders and learn the latest needs in the industry.
Alagappa University FAQS For Executive/Distance MBA Programes
Ques.1. Is the Alagappa Distance MBA program worth it?
Ans:- Alagappa University offers 2 years distance MBA program. The course is approved by University Grant Commission – Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB), New Delhi. Distance MBA from this University has various advantages including updated-curriculum, affordable fee structure, examinations twice a year, many examination centres across Tamil Nadu. It is absolutely worth doing distance MBA from Alagappa University.
Ques.2. How to apply for this program?
Ans:- Admission takes place twice a year (during January-February) and (during July-August). For online admission, the candidates can fill up the form available at www.alagappauniversityonline.com. For offline admission candidates can obtain the application form from one of the study centers of Alagappa University. The candidate needs to submit a DD of Rs 300 drawn in the favor of “The Director, DDE, Alagappa University”. Next he/ she must send the photocopies of required documents to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Alagappa University.
Ques.3. Can I physically visit Alagappa University after I register for distance MBA?
Ans:- Though no physical classes are taken for the distance MBA program in Alagappa University but the students are allowed to visit the University on their will.
Ques.4. Is a distance MBA degree from Alagappa recognized internationally?
Ans:- Since Alagappa University is approved by University Grant Commission – Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB), New Delhi, distance MBA degree from this Institute is well recognized internationally.
Ques.5. Is the placement score for distance MBA from Alagappa University best?
Ans:- Alagappa University offers a good placement to its students. The college arranges internship for the students. Basically the insurance companies are the prime recruiters for this Institute.
Ques.6. Can I apply for revaluation if I am unsatisfied with the mark awarded?
Ans:- If unsatisfied with the mark awarded, the students can apply for revaluation. The student needs to download the Annexure-V Proforma, i.e. the application form for revaluation from the Website and submit it to the University.