UPES Distance Education
Bidholi, Via Prem Nagar, Uttarakhand
If you are interested in this college
UPES Distance Education Overview
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) was recognised in the year of 2003 under the UPES Act 2003 of the Uttarakhand state Legislature. The University is the first who provides the best education and research in the field of energy and petroleum. UPES University is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and accredited (B Grade) by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Department of Science and Industrial Research (DSIR) have recognized UPES as a Research Institute. UPES is a paradise for students and faculties as it has a marvelous infrastructure spread across 44 acres which are surrounded by nature. The university has an incomparable academic infrastructure, modern classrooms, well-equipped labs, playgrounds, food courts, and hostel facilities for both boys and girls. The University has an excellent placement record of more than 90 percent every year. The University has the finest placement record in MBA of 96% for the previous 3 years consistently. And the UPES provides distance learning conveniences through its Centre for Continuing Education (CCE). Distance Education Board has approved CCE for offering distance learning programs. CCE enables working professionals to enhance their skills and complete their education without hampering their professional life. The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies provides the best distance education in various disciplines like Aviation, Health & Industrial safety, Logistics & Supply Chain, Energy, and many more.
Key factors of distance MBA:
- Online Materials: The students are provided online access to the Learning Management System (LMS) containing resources like e-books, assignments, Audio-Video links and Web- Links. The LMS can be accessed through smartphones, tabs and official website.
- Live interactive classes: Live webinar sessions are conducted by Expert faculty members on weekends. These sessions are joined by students from all over the world. The sessions focus on Key concepts, case studies and real-life examples. Session also gives the opportunity to the student to get their doubts cleared by expert faculties. Recordings of the sessions are uploaded in the LMS for future reference of the students.
- Helpdesk:Students are given access to the academic team to clarify their queries. Students can ask for clarifications on e-mail or calls. Academic team responses on e-mail queries within 2 working days.
UPES Distance BBA Overview:-
Bachelor of business administration (BBA) is the best course which is offering by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES). It is a 3 years degree program in which the students who completed their 10+2 can join. BBA Management engages in planning, organizing, staffing, directing, leading, and controlling the human resources very effectively and efficiently. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) of distance BBA program is a perfect course for the aspirants who want to make their careers in the field of business management.
UPES Distance Education Courses Offered
UPES Distance MBA Programs and Specializations:-
Centre for Continuing Education at UPES, Dehradun offers distance MBA learning in following specializations:
Two-year distance MBA program:
- MBA in Oil and Gas Management
- MBA in Power Management
- MBA in Aviation Management
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Management
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Infrastructure Management
Apart from these courses the University offers various other distance learning programmes listed as followings:
Three-year distance BBA programs:
- BBA in Aviation Operation
- BBA Oil and Gas Marketing
- BBA Logistics Management
- BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management
- BBA Foreign Trade
- BBA with specialization in Human Resource
- BBA Auto Marketin
- BBA Digital Marketing
- BBA Financial Analysis and Services
- BBA Analytics and Big Data
- BBA Entrepreneurship and Family Business
Ten months distance PGP programs:
- PGP in Oil and Gas Management
- PGP in Renewable Energy
- PGP in Power Management
- PGP in Aviation Management
- PGP in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- PGP in Health, Safety and Environment
Six months distance Diploma programs:
- Diploma in Oil and Gas Management
- Diploma in Power Management
- Diploma in Aviation Management
- Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Three months distance Certificate Program in Project Management
UPES Distance Education Admission Procedure
The candidates can enroll for distance MBA program through both online and offline mode.
The candidates are required to fill the online application form available on the official website of the university. To visit the UPES distance MBA application form Click here.
- Step 1: The admission procedure includes submission of mandatory details. The application form includes four major details i.e. Personal Information, Work Experience, Academic Details and Address Information.
- Step 2: Payment of the application fees, which can be made through online and offline mode. Application form fees for all programs are Rs.1850/-.
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) provide a choice to pay the fees via Debit/ Credit Card / Net Banking or RTGS/ IFSC.
- The Application fees once paid, and then it is non-refundable or adjustable in any case.
For candidates applying offline, are required to submit the photocopy of the academic documents self-attested by them.
The documented to be sent are:
- 10th and 12th marksheet and passing certificate.
- Graduation marksheet and passing certificate
- 2 Passport Color Photos
- Work experience proof, if any.
The Self-attached photocopies of all the academic documents and Demand Draft are to be delivered to the CCE office.
UPES Distance BBA Admission Procedure:-
The admission procedure in UPES for BBA Course will be completed online and their procedure is given below:
- Candidates have to fill out the application form on the official site choosing BBA Course
- Screening Process of the applications will be done from the university
- Shortlisted Students will get an invite from UPES for Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- Students can choose the GDPI Venue from the GDPI Schedule
UPES Distance Courses Fee Structure 2021
Fee structure for 2 years (4 semesters) distance MBA programs:
|S. No.||Programs||Fees Per semester (INR)|
|1.||Oil and gas Management||36,250/-|
|4.||Logistics and Supply Management||23,250/-|
Fee structure for three years (6 Semesters) distance BBA program:
Fees of 6 Semester (INR)
Fee structure for 10 Months (2 Modules) Post Graduate Program (PGP):
Fees Per Module(INR)
PGP in Aviation
PGP in Oil and Gas Management
PGP in Renewable Energy
PGP in Power Management
PGP in Logistics and Supply Chain
Fee structure for 6 Months Distance Diploma program:
Total Fees ( INR)
Diploma in Oil and Gas
Diploma in Power Management
Diploma in Aviation Management
Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The fees for the semester could be paid through both online or offline mode.
UPES Distance Courses Admission Eligibility Criteria
UPES Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria:-
The candidates applying for the UPES DISTANCE LEARNING must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the University. The candidate must possess a graduate degree from any recognized Institute/ University with a minimum of 50% marks. And the candidates have significant experience of more than 2 whole years, and then the University allows reduction of marks that extent upto 5%.
UPES Distance BBA Eligibility Criteria:-
To apply for the BBA course at UPES Dehradun, Student must have the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in Class 10th and 12th
- The candidate who is appearing in the 12th class and awaiting their results can also apply, then the shortlisted candidates will only be given a provisional offer letter subject to them obtaining a minimum of 50% marks in their Board exam.
- Science, Commerce, and Humanities students are also eligible to apply for the UPES BBA course.
UPES Distance Education Review & Ranking
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is best in offering the brighter future for their students. This is because of their excellent placement record. UPES is recognized as “Best Industry-Academia Interference” at the 12th World Education Summit 2018. This University is honoured by the Corporate Council for Leadership and Awareness (CCLA) as ‘India’s finest University for the Innovation and their “Value Education” in the year. So, the Times Now National Education Excellence Award 2018 awarded the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) as the finest University for the students for Placement and Employability.
UPES FAQs for Distance Programes
Ques.1, Is UPES dehradun well known for distance education?
Ans:- The University of Petroleum and energy studies (UPES) institute is well-known by UGC and Distance Education Bureau. UPES is a member of the Association of Indian University (AIU) and International Association of Universities (IAU). UPES has a 5 Star rating on their Student Employability. So, UPES holds the 1st position in India and 28th in World for Energy Programmes.
Ques.2. Is it valuable to do an MBA in distance education from UPES?
Ans:- The Distance MBA from UPES is a dynamic program where the aspirants can learn at their own time and ease. UPES University offers a better opportunity for live interaction sessions with industry professionals and expert faculties to their students. They give a 24×7 support system from dedicated program managers to their students. So, it develops an opportunity to form a network across the world. The aspirant has been seeking for the distance MBA from UPES ranges from 3 to 25 years of experience. The University provides E-learning contents like pre-recorded videos and e-books.
Ques.3. How good is the distance MBA program in power management?
Ans:- The Distance MBA program in power management set-up the aspirants to work in multiple fields like trading, technologies, project management, operations, consulting and many more. The course provided by the UPES campus helps the aspirants to move for managerial positions in the related industries. Aspirants who completed their distance MBA in the power management field from the reputed University UPES have selected in some of the major public sectors like NTPC, West Bengal Power Distribution, BHEL, Power Grid Corporation, State Electricity Board of Uttarakhand, private, and many more.
Ques.4. What is the ranking of UPES in distance learning?
Ans:- The UPES Campus Continuing holds the 1st position in education all over India and 28th in the World.
Ques.5. why is UPES distance learning famous for?
Ans:- The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is located in the Dehradun, city Uttarakhand. And the UPES University is well-known for their education and research in the subject of energy and power. The UPES campus is renowned for their academic brilliance and well-resourced infrastructure.
Ques.6. UPES is a Government University or Private University?
Ans:- The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is a private university or you can say a private campus. But in terms of their education system, faculty members and any other criteria, it is not less than any government University.
Ques.7. There is any type of ragging in UPES?
Ans:- No, the University of Petroleum and energy studies is a ragging free campus.
Ques.8. Is someone get the direct admission in the UPES campus?
Ans:- Yes, aspirants gets the straight admission in MBA.
Ques.9. Is UPES is approved for their distance programme?
Ans:- Yes, the UPES university is approved and recognised by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) of UGC distance programmes.
Ques.10. When did the admission starts in UPES?
Ans:- For any of the Degree Programs there are the two admission sessions in throughout the year – that is in the month of Jan and July.