UPES Distance Education
Bidholi, Via Prem Nagar, Uttarakhand
If you are interested in this college
UPES Distance MBA/BBA Overview
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), established in 2003 under the UPES Act 2003 of the Uttarakhand state Legislature. The University is first of its kind that offers best education and research in the field of energy and petroleum. University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 has recognized UPES. It is also accredited (B Grade) by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Department of Science and Industrial Research (DSIR) has recognized UPES as a Research Institute. UPES is a paradise for students and faculties as it has a marvellous infrastructure spread across 44 acres which are surrounded by nature. The university has incomparable academic infrastructure, modern classrooms, well-equipped labs, playgrounds, food courts and hostel facility for both boys and girls. The University has an excellent placement record of more than 90 percent every year. The University has the highest placement record in MBA of 96% for the last 3 years consistently.UPES offers distance learning facilities through its Centre for Continuing Education (CCE). Distance Education Board has approved CCE for offering distance learning programs. CCE enables working professionals to enhance their skills and complete their education without hampering their professional life. UPES offers distance education in various disciplines like Aviation, Health & Industrial safety, Logistics & Supply Chain, Energy and many more.
Key factors of distance MBA:
- Online Materials:The students are provided online access to the Learning Management System (LMS) containing resources like e-books, assignments, Audio-Video links and Web- Links. The LMS can be accessed through smartphones, tabs and official website.
- Live interactive classes:Live webinar sessions are conducted by Expert faculty members on weekends. These sessions are joined by students from all over the world. The sessions focus on Key concepts, case studies and real-life examples. Session also gives the opportunity to the student to get their doubts cleared by expert faculties. Recordings of the sessions are uploaded in the LMS for future reference of the students.
- Helpdesk: Students are given access to the academic team to clarify their queries. Students can ask for clarifications on e-mail or calls. Academic team responses on e-mail queries within 2 working days.
UPES Distance MBA Programs and Specializations
Centre for Continuing Education at UPES, Dehradun offers distance learning in following specializations:
Two-year distance MBA program:
- MBA in Oil and Gas Management
- MBA in Power Management
- MBA in Aviation Management
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Management
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Infrastructure Management
Apart from these courses the University offers various other distance learning programmes listed as followings:
Three-year distance BBA programs:
- BBA in Aviation Operation
- BBA Oil and Gas Marketing
- BBA Logistics Management
- BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management
- BBA Foreign Trade
- BBA with specialization in Human Resource
- BBA Auto Marketin
- BBA Digital Marketing
- BBA Financial Analysis and Services
- BBA Analytics and Big Data
- BBA Entrepreneurship and Family Business
Ten months distance PGP programs:
- PGP in Oil and Gas Management
- PGP in Renewable Energy
- PGP in Power Management
- PGP in Aviation Management
- PGP in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- PGP in Health, Safety and Environment
Six months distance Diploma programs:
- Diploma in Oil and Gas Management
- Diploma in Power Management
- Diploma in Aviation Management
- Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Four months distance Xamarin Mobile App Development
Four months distance Agile Project Management
Three months distance Certificate Program in Project Management
UPES Distance MBA/BBA Admission Procedure
The candidates can enroll for distance MBA program through both online and offline mode.
The candidates are required to fill the online application form available on the official website of the university. To visit the UPES distance MBA application form Click here.
- Step 1: The admission procedure includes submission of mandatory details. The application form includes four major details i.e. Personal Information, Work Experience, Academic Details and Address Information.
- Step 2: Payment of the application fees, which can be made through online and offline mode. Application form fees for all programs are Rs.1850/-.
UPES give an option to pay fees via Debit/ Credit Card / Net Banking or RTGS/ IFSC.
- Application fees once paid is non-refundable or adjustable in any case.
For candidates applying offline, are required to submit the photocopy of the academic documents self-attested by them.
The documented to be sent are:
- 10th and 12th marksheet and passing certificate.
- Graduation marksheet and passing certificate
- 2 Passport Color Photos
- Work experience proof, if any.
Self-attested photocopies of all the academic documents and Demand Draft are to be delivered to CCE office.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
The admission process for UPES BBA Course will be done online and the procedure is listed below:
- Candidates have to fill out the application form on the official site choosing BBA Course
- Screening Process of the applications will be done from the university
- Shortlisted Students will get an invite from UPES for Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- Students can choose the GDPI Venue from the GDPI Schedule
UPES Distance MBA/PGDM/BBA Fee Structure
Fee structure for 2 years (4 semesters) distance MBA programs:
|S. No.||Programs||Fees Per semester (INR)|
|1.||Oil and gas Management||35,000/-|
|4.||Logistics and Supply Management||22,000/-|
Fee structure for three years (6 Semesters) distance BBA program:
|Program||Fees Per Semester (INR)|
Fee structure for 10 Months (2 Modules) Post Graduate Program (PGP):
|Programs||Fees Per Module (INR)|
|PGP in Aviation||35,000/-|
|PGP in Oil and Gas Management||35,000/-|
|PGP in Renewable Energy||35,000/-|
|PGP in Power Management||35,000/-|
|PGP in Logistics and Supply Chain||22,500/-|
|PGP in Industrial Safety||25,000/-|
Fee structure for 6 Months Distance Diploma program:
|Programs||Total Fees ( INR)|
|Diploma in Oil and Gas||35,000/-|
|Diploma in Power Management||35,000/-|
|Diploma in Aviation Management||35,000/-|
|Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management||22,500/-|
The fees for the semester could be paid through both online or offline mode.
UPES Distance MBA/BBA Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for the UPES DISTANCE LEARNING must fulfil the eligibility criteria of the University. The candidate must possess a graduate degree from any recognized Institute/ University with a minimum of 50% marks. For the candidates with significant experience of more than 2 years, the University permits relaxation of marks that me extent up to 5% marks.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
To apply for the BBA course at UPES Dehradun, Student must have the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in Class 10th and 12th
- Students appearing in Class 12th and awaiting their results can also apply, but shortlisted candidates will only be given a provisional offer letter subject to them obtaining a minimum of 50% marks in Board exam
- Science, Commerce, and Humanities students are also eligible to apply for the UPES BBA course.
UPES Distance MBA Review & Ranking
UPES is successful in providing a bright future for its students. This is evident through their excellent placement record. UPES is recognized as “Best Industry Academia Interference” at the 12th World Education Summit 2018. The University is awarded by the Corporate Council for Leadership and Awareness (CCLA) as ‘India’s Best University for Innovation and Value based Education” in the year. Times Now National Education Excellence Award 2018 awarded UPES as the Best University for Placement and Employability.
UPES FAQS For Executive/Distance MBA Programes
Ques.1, Is UPES dehradun well known for distance education?
Ans:- UPES, Dehradun Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) is a dedicated center for Working executive and Corporate Education. The institute is recognized by UGC and DEB. It is a member Institution of Association of Indian University (AIU) and International Association of Universities (IAU). The Institution has been rated 5 Star on Student Employability. It has been ranked 1st position in India and 28th in World for Energy Programs.
Ques.2. Is it valuable do an MBA in distance education from UPES?
Ans:- Distance MBA from UPES is a flexible program where the student can learn at his own pace and convenience. It gives a great career opportunity post completion of the course. It provides an opportunity of live interaction sessions with industry professionals and expert faculties. The candidate receives 24×7 support system from dedicated program managers. It builds an opportunity to form network with peers across the world. The candidates seeking distance MBA from UPES ranges from 3 to 25 years of experience. The University provides E-learning contents like pre-recorded videos and e-books.
Ques.3. How good is the distance MBA program in power management?
Ans:- Distance MBA program in power management prepares the candidate to work across multiple functions like trading, technologies, project management, operations and consulting. The course helps the candidate to move to managerial positions in power and related industries. Students who have completed distance MBA in power management from UPES have got selected in major public sectors like NTPC, West Bengal Power Distribution, BHEL, Power Grid Corporation, State Electricity Board of Uttarakhand, private sectors like Tata Steel, Essar, Tata Power, Reliance Infrastructure and Consulting firms like Infosys, Power Research and Development Consultancy.
Ques.4. What is the ranking of UPES in distance learning?
Ans:- UPES Centre for Continuing Education has been ranked 1st position in India and 28th in the World.