Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
Approved By: UGC Type: Government
If you are interested in this college
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management Overview
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) was founded in 1980 by renowned industrialists and academics from Andhra Pradesh. In India, the institution maintains campuses in Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, and Bangalore.
The university’s mission is to provide comprehensive and futuristic education in different managerial technology disciplines to students from India and throughout the world. Global teaching standards, including frequent research and consultation, are followed here, encouraging students to share their creativity and expertise with the rest of the globe.
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITM) is well-known for its high-quality remote education. It is also a well-regarded institution. This university admits students twice a year. GITAM’s University Center for Distance Learning has been acknowledged by the UGC-DEC-AICTE joint committee. It is also acknowledged by
DEB( the Distance Education Bureau). The institution provides distant learners with access to high-quality higher education at a low cost. There are a variety of diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate programmes offered by GITAM. These programmes have been designed with a focus on knowledge and employability in mind. During the academic year, admission is handled using the CDL online admission site. This university began offering distance education in 2009. It provides diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate degree programmes at various levels. Diploma in communicative English, Diploma in Computer Application, BA, Bcom, MBA, and more degrees are available.
The programmes are further classified as semester-based and year-based. The entrance requirements vary depending on the course. Students are admitted based on their merit, which is determined by their previous qualifying degree and the results of an entrance exam. Application forms are accessible online, where they may be downloaded from official websites, or they can be obtained in person.
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management Program and Specialization
Below is the list of programmes offered by the Gitam University – CDL (Distance Learning).
Bachelor of Arts
Environmental &Sustainable Management
B.Com. / M.Com.
MCA / M.Sc. (Biotechnology)
PG Diploma (Communication Skills)
Admission Procedure Of Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
The application forms for Distance Learning are accessible on the University’s official website. The forms can be filed both online and offline.
Steps to Apply online:
- Go the official website of Gitam University’s
- Navigate to the admission tab and go for Online Admission option.
- Fill out the Personal Details and other information as required.
- Save/print the application form. Attach all the required documents and send it to the University’s official address.
Steps to Apply Offline
- You can obtain the forms either on campus or by downloading them from the university’s website.
- Complete the application form with the necessary information.
- Submit the completed form together with the application fees in cash or by DD.
- The DD should be made payable to CDL-GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam. On the backside of the Demand Draft, candidates are asked to write their enrollment number, name, and programme applied for.
- Attach the documents with the application form. (A photocopy of your 10th and 12th mark sheet/certificates, Character Certificate/ Service Certificate /photocopy of the SC/ST Certificate (if belong to reserved category) and two passport-size photos).You must present your undergraduate course degree if you wish to be admitted to a postgraduate programme.
- The application form can be submitted either at office or can be send by post to university’s official address.
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management Fee Structure
Fees (for 1st year)
₹4,000 (Total Fees)
Admission Important Dates 2022
Application process Begins
Deadline for Application Submission
Dispatch of Study Material
June, July, August
Application Process Begins 3rd week of AUG 2022
Last date for Submission 31 Aug 2022
Examination form last date 20 September 2022
Eligibility Criteria Of Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
If a student is qualified for admission, he or she can enrol in the course after finishing the 10+2 with at least 55% marks. For Reserved categories, its 10+2 with at least 50% marks. Enrollment in the PG course requires a bachelor’s degree.
B.A. / B.Com.
10+2 with a valid GAT Score
M.Com. / MCA/ MA / MBA
Graduation from an acknowledged university along with valid GAT Score
Graduation from an acknowledged university and selection would be merit-based.
DCE / DCA
10+2 and a valid GAT Score.
10+2. Selection would be merit-based.
DESM / PGDCS
Graduation degree. Selection would be merit-based.
Review & Ranking of Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
- GITAM-CDL is approved by UGC, DEB, AICTE and UGC-MHRD has recognised it as a Category I Deemed to be University.
- In 2017, the NAAC A+ grade was awarded for outstanding accomplishment by a multidisciplinary university.
- It has received 12 (B) status by UGC (University Grant Commission) and Times Higher Education World University Rankings – 2018: 1001+
- It was ranked 85th in University Rankings by NIRF – 2018.
Careers360 ranked Gitam University, Visakhapatnam 20th out of all universities in India in 2015 and it was rated 40th among elite institutions by the university rating website uniRank in 2017
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management FAQS
Q1. When does the course examination held?
Ans. Year-end examinations will typically be held in December for students accepted in the January Session and in May for students admitted in the June Session.
Q2. Where can I get past year question papers for Gitam University online education courses?
Ans. It is available online at the official website, it can be downloaded from there.
Q3. Will my GCDL degree be accepted?
Ans. UGC have granted GCDL authorization to validate its courses on a self-accreditation basis. The government treats GCDL graduates/postgraduates the same as graduates/postgraduates from other institutions when it comes to employment in any industry.
Q4. What is the Gitam University distance education evaluation pattern?
Ans. The assessment for the MBA is based on a semester-based test, whereas other courses are accessible on a rolling basis. The Centre administers annual examinations. Assignments are another form of assessment.
Q5. Is there any specific admission criteria?
Ans. Yes, the candidate must take the GITAM Admission Test (GAT) and receive a score in order to be admitted to GITAM University.
Q6. What is the maximum amount of time I have to complete a degree?
Ans. The maximum amount of time it takes to finish the degree is twice the length of the Program’s study term.
Q7. How can I find out about academic specifics such as fees, materials, and results?
Ans. To view the information, log in to the university Student Portal using your university ID and choose Academic Track.