National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj
Approved By: UGC Type: Government
If you are interested in this college
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Overview
In 1958, the National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) was founded. NIRD&PR (National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj) is one of India’s leading centres of excellence in rural development and Panchayati raj. Hyderabad, Telangana is the location of the Institute. Under the Union Ministry of Rural Development, it is an autonomous organization. It improves the capacity of rural development functionaries, elected representatives of PRIs, bankers, NGOs, and other stakeholders via interrelated activities of training, research, and consultancy, and is recognised globally as one of the UN-ESCAP Centres of Excellence. In 2008, the NIRD&PR celebrated its Golden Jubilee Year since its inception. This university has a North East regional centre in Guwahati, Assam, in addition to its main campus in Hyderabad. The UN-ESCAP has designated it as a ‘Centre of Excellence in Rural Development’ on a national and international level, as well as a ‘Centre of Excellence in HRD Research and Training.’ It gives students graduating in any subject a choice of four postgraduate diploma courses.
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Program and Specialization
National Institute of Rural Development offers below-mentioned Regular and Distance Courses are as follows:
Rural Development and Sustainability
Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRDM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Tribal Development Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Rural Development
PG Diploma in Geo-Spatial Technology Applications in Rural Development
Admission Procedure Of National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj
National Institute of Rural Development provides AICTE-approved full-time classroom and remote PG Diploma programmes in four specialties. To be eligible for these courses, candidates must have finished a bachelor’s degree in any subject and have taken any state or national management entrance test. Following the selection of students based on legitimate results, candidates are invited to participate in a group discussion and a personal interview for final consideration.Steps to Apply:
Candidates must get a copy of the booklet from the organization’s website.
- Apply online by clicking on the link.
- The application cost for general/OBC applicants is INR 500, while it is INR 300 for SC/ST/PWD candidates, and it must be paid online.
- Fill in the relevant information and submit key educational papers such as mark sheets, degree certificates, and so on before the deadline for submission.
- You must appear and pass the relevant admission test based on the PG Diploma programme you have chosen.
- Following that, the chosen candidates must pay the relevant fee. In addition to the final selection, candidates applying for the Regular Classroom programme will be contacted for a group discussion and a personal interview. Those who apply for distance learning programmes will be notified via mail or on the official website if they are selected. After being chosen, students must pay the money online, after which the university will give them the study materials.
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Fee Structure
PG Diploma (Rural Development)
₹2.65 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)
₹ 10,500 (Total Fees)
Admission Important Dates 2022
Deadline for PGDRDM and PGDM RM Registration 20th May, 2022
Eligibility Criteria Of National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj
PG Diploma – Rural Development Management
Graduation with 50% (45% for reserved category) and CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ ATMA and GD +PI
Review & Ranking of National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj
- The Telugu Book of Records named the institution as having the most participants in an online webinar course on “Management of Mental Well-Being.”
- The President of India recently presented it with a CIRDAP award for excellence.
- It just received the 6th DNA ranking and the industry group’s education leadership award.
- Innovative B – School Award for Educational Leadership was given to it.
- The institution was recognised by AARDO for its achievements in rural development.
- It has received the rating of 8.6/10 in a student’s survey.
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj FAQS
Q1. Does NIRPDR provide Scholarship?
Ans. NIRDPR grants both category and performance-based scholarships to qualifying students,
Students who do well on their trimester exams will be considered for an NIRDPR scholarship depending on their achievement. The North Eastern Council, Shillong, provides fellowships to economically disadvantaged students from North Eastern States
Q2. Is NIRD a government-run organisation?
Ans. The National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), an autonomous agency under the Ministry of Rural Development of the Government of India, is the top body for rural development training, research, action research, and consultancy assignments in India.
Q3. Is there any placement assistance provided by NIRPDR?
Ans. Yes, there are chances for college placements, but this does not imply that they will be made.
Q4. How is the NIRDPR’s placement programme?
Ans. Every year, it places nearly all of its students. National Fisheries Development Board, IKYA Global, RURBAN Mission, New Delhi; Coconut Development Board, Odisha Livelihood Mission, SEARP-Andhra Pradesh, State Rural Livelihood Mission, Bihar Livelihood Promotion Society, Helpage India, Centum Work Skills, HCL, IL&FS, and many more are among the top recruiters who visit the college every year.
Q5. How is NIRDPR as an educational institution?
Ans. In 1958, the National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) was founded. The headquarters of this independent body are in Hyderabad, Telangana. This university has a North East regional centre in Guwahati, Assam, in addition to its main campus in Hyderabad. It is overseen by the Ministry of Rural Development of the Union. The UN-ESCAP has designated it as a ‘Centre of Excellence in Rural Development’ on a national and international level, as well as a ‘Centre of Excellence in HRD Research and Training.’ It gives students graduating in any subject a choice of four postgraduate diploma courses.