Approved By: UGC Type: Government
If you are interested in this college
Tumkur University Overview
Tumkur University is located in the state of Karnataka and was founded in 2004.
It has grown in prominence as one of the country’s newest universities, and has been acknowledged as a high-profile national institution of higher learning. Tumkur University offers a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes. There are 24 graduate departments, 19 undergraduate departments, two constituent colleges, and 94 affiliated colleges at the university. The University has been recognised by the University Grants Commission as a National Eminence Institute. The Karnataka State Universities Rating Framework, released by the Karnataka State Higher Education Council, Bengaluru, recently assessed the university as a “Three Star” institution. It created 29 research centres to encourage advanced transdisciplinary research and academic collaborations. PhD programmes are available in all faculties of the university. The University’s research profile includes 62 projects funded by various funding agencies, including the Department of Science and Technology (DST), the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), the UGC, the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), the ICHR, the ICSSR, the Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), the Government of Karnataka, and the British Council, among others. Tumkur University Distance Learning offers few UG and Diploma Courses. Applications are available for regular courses in May for undergraduate and doctoral programmes, and in July for postgraduate programmes. Students have three weeks from the date of notification to submit their application.
Tumkur University Programs and Specializations
Courses offered by Tumkur University Distance Learning include the below-mentioned courses among others:
Banking & Insurance
Regular courses offered by Tumkur University are as follows:
Bachelor of Arts
Mass Communication & Journalism
History and Archaeology
Library & Information Science
Banking & Insurance
History and Archaeology
BBM (Business Management)
BSW / MSW
PG Diploma in Disaster Management
Admission Procedure of Tumkur University
The application process for Tumkur University is offered both online and offline. Candidates must complete the application form and submit it along with the required documents and an INR 400 application fee.
Steps to Apply Online:
- Go to Tumkur University’s official website and select the application form option.
- Click on Apply Online and carefully fill out the form and attach necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- For future reference, candidates are advised to retain the application form and payment receipt.
Steps to Apply Offline:
- The form can be downloaded from University’s official website or it can also be purchased at the University Office.
- Pay the application fee by DD/ challan payable at Tumakuru, addressing to the “Finance Officer, TU.
- Mail the challan/DD, the completed application form, and the required papers to the university’s official address.
- Marksheets / Certificates of 10th / 12th / Graduation / Scorecard of qualifying exam
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate
- Coloured passport size photograph
Tumkur University Fee Structure
Fees (for 1st year)
Admission Important Dates 2022
Announcement EMS Result 16th September, 2022
Eligibility Criteria of Tumkur University
Academic merit will be used to select students for the UG programmes. Admission to postgraduate courses will be determined through a counselling process. Admission to the MBA and MCA programmes will be handled directly by KEA, Bengaluru. Candidates for all Ph.D. programmes must take an admission examination and a personal interview.
BA / BSW/ B.Sc./ B.Com./ BFA/ B.P.Ed. / B.Ed.
10+2 with 50% from an acknowledged board. Selection is done based on merit.
MA / MSW / M.Sc. / M.Com.
Graduation in relevant field from an acknowledged university with 50% marks + Entrance test / Counselling / Directly through KEA
BCA or similar with 50% marks from an acknowledged university.
Graduation in relevant field from a recognized university with 50% marks and Karnataka PGCET
Post-graduation or similar with 55% marks and entrance exam / CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ KSET/ SLET/ GATE + PI
Review & Ranking Tumkur University
- Tumkur University is a State University, acknowledged by UGC, member of AIU, accredited by NAAC (‘B’ Grade).
- The university has garnered a lot of traction as one of the country’s newest universities, as well as recognition as a higher education institution that follows in the footsteps of well-known national institutions.
- It was ranked 151 by NIRF 2020/2019 for Overall.
- It has received the rating of 7.8/10 in the student’s survey.
Tumkur University Faqs
Q1. What are the online study materials available through Tumkur University?
Ans. Tumkur University offers the following online study resources:
American Chemical Society
Oxford University Press
Q2. Is my academic gap going to influence my PG admission at Tumkur University?
Ans. No, if you have a gap in your academics, your PG admission to Tumkur University would not be affected. Candidates with a gap must submit an affidavit declaring that they were not involved in any illegal conduct and explaining why the gap occurred.
Q3. Is there a research course at Tumkur?
Ans. Tumkur does offer Ph.D. programmes in a variety of fields. Candidates for these programmes must first pass an entrance exam, which is followed by a GD and PI round administered by the university.
Q4. Does Tumkur University provide direct admission to the PhD programme?
- Yes, candidates who have passed the national entrance exam or who have been awarded a teaching fellowship are exempt from the written exam.
Q5. How is the University’s training and placement cell doing?
Ans. The placement cell, led by a Professor, is dedicated to ensuring that young technologists have a successful career in their chosen field. The cell gives a well-developed comprehensive training to increase the students’ technical ability after proving its mettle in supplying competent experts as per the needs of diverse sectors.
Q6. Is there a scholarship programme at the university?
Ans. Tumkur University permits students to take advantage of scholarship programmes offered by the Karnataka government. This initiative provides scholarships to SC, ST, and minority students. Students can apply for scholarships by registering on the official website