Bharathiar University, (BU) Distance Education
School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Approved By: UGC , NAAC-A , NIRF Type: Public
If you are interested in this college
Bharathiar University Distance Education Overview
A public university name Bharathiar Institution is located in Coimbatore, the state capital of Tamil Nadu in southern India. In honor of the legendary Tamil poet Subramanya Bharathiar, the Bharathiar University Distance Education bears his name. The University Grants Commission (UGC) was formally founded in February 1982 in accordance with the University Act of 1981, although it wasn’t given legal recognition until 1985.
On February 24, 2007, the organization celebrated its silver anniversary, and M. Karunanidhi, the current chief minister of Tamil Nadu, and APJ Abdul Kalam, the former president of India, were present. The university uses the slogan “educate to raise” to differentiate itself from other institutions.
You need to look no further than Bharathiar University if you want a reliable alternative for online learning. Many consider its academic programs and student aid initiatives to be among the best in the nation available at Bharathiar University Distance Learning. The institute provides exams at predetermined periods twice a year for a fair price. The company manages a network of educational institutions across the country and hosts job fairs with a career-focused emphasis.
- If a student has completed their schooling through the 11+1/10+2/10+3 or 10+ Diploma Program, they are eligible for admission to UG and diploma programs.
- Candidates must have received their 11+1+3/ 10+3+3/ 10+2+3 degrees from an accredited institution or university that is recognized by the Indian Education Authorities in order to get admission for the postgraduate program.
- Spot Admission, Re-Admission, Dual Enrollment, Lateral Entry, and Round Year Admission are all suggested by Bharathiar University Distance Education.
Bharathiar University Distance Education Benefits
One of the major universities in Tamil Nadu, Bharathiar University, offers about 100 courses to students at the UG and PG levels via distance learning through its School of Distance Education, which was founded in 1991-1992. A substantial number of students apply to the SDE at Bharathiar University each year.
The elements we’ve outlined below may have an effect if you’re thinking about attending the university.
Reputable University: Bharathiar University SDE has the necessary authorization to offer online education. Due to its accreditation by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and the University Grants Commission-Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB), it offers students real degrees and diplomas (AICTE)
Courses and Options: A wide variety of courses are available at Bharathiar University SDE, indicating that more students can enroll in distance education programs and more can select the courses they wish to pursue at the school. The university currently provides about 100 different courses. Bharathiar University Distance Learning Courses in a variety of topics, including the humanities, management sciences, business sciences, social work, etc.
Professionals who are employed but want to further their education can also take lateral entry and professional courses.
Higher education affordability: All courses at Bharathiar University SDE were created with the diverse economic sectors that students come from in mind. Due to this, each course costs between INR 50,000 and INR 80,000 for the entire course, which is far less than what most public and private distance learning institutions charge. In addition, fee reductions are available for both Bharathiar University SDE graduates and students with disabilities.
Support for placement is one of the key characteristics that students today look for in a distance education program. Students at Bharathiar University SDE have access to career fairs and lunches designed specifically for those studying distance education courses.
Program Twinning: allows for dual degrees Students at Bharathiar University have the option to enroll in remote learning courses while concurrently continuing a traditional path of study, enabling them to simultaneously work towards two degrees or courses. One of the principal advantages of the university is this.
No Entrance Exams: Admission is solely dependent on merit since there are no entrance exams for any of the programs at Bharathiar University SDE. Due to the fact that they can apply directly for admission to courses based on their prior academic success, students do not need to spend a lot of time studying for entrance exams.
Effective Student Support: The institution provides a robust network of resources to help students resolve problems quickly.
Bharathiar University Distance Education Course Offered
Graduate, postgraduate, and diploma programs of Bharathiar University Distance Courses Include the humanities, sciences, and business. The list of the distance education courses available at the university is mentioned below, make sure to check it out.
BBA: As part of its three-year bachelor of business administration (BBA) curriculum, Bharathiar University Distance BBA offers concentrations in shipping administration, retail management, healthcare management, and front desk and customer service management.
B.Com: The Bachelor of Commerce, popularly known as B.com, is a three-year program with a focus on computer applications.
MBA: The two-year MBA program offers specializations in corporate communication, marketing, operations management, accounting and finance, and other fields of business administration. Other than this, Bharathiar University Distance MBA is one of the most recommended programs ever available.
M.Com: A two-year degree with a focus on commerce and this course will make sure to enhance your financing and accounting qualities.
The School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University is offering various under graduate, Post graduate,Professional and diploma courses as detail below:-
Under Graduate Courses:-
|S.No.||Name of the Course||Duration|
|1||B.A. Tamil||3 years|
|2||B.Litt. Tamil||3 years|
|3||B.A. (English)||3 years|
|4||B. Sc. (Computer Science)||3 years|
|5||B. Sc. (Information Technology)||3 years|
|6||B.C. A||3 years|
|7||B. Sc. Costume Design and Fashion||3 years|
|8||B. Sc. (Visual Communication)||3 years|
|9||B. Sc. (Catering Science and Hotel Management)||3 years|
|10||B. Com.||3 years|
|11||B. Com.(Computer Applications)||3 years|
|14||B. Sc. (Mathematics)||3 years|
|15||B. Sc. (Physics)||3 years|
|16||B.Sc. Chemistry||3 years|
|17||B.Sc. Botany||3 years|
|18||B.Sc. Zoology||3 years|
|19||B.Sc. Optometry||3 years|
|20||(B.Lib & B.I.Sc) Bachelor of Library & Information Science)||1 year|
|21||B.B.A. Airline and Airport Management||3 years|
|22||B.B.A Shipping & port Management||3 years|
|23||B.B.A. Logistics and Supply Chain Management||3 years|
|24||B.B.A. International Shipping and Air- Cargo Logistics Management||3 years|
|25||B.B.A. Airport and Customer Care Management||3 years|
|26||B.Sc. Animation and VFX||3 years|
|27||B.Sc. Animation, Game Design and Development||3 years|
|28||B.A. Yoga for Human Excellence (Offered by Aliyar Centre)||3 years|
|29||B.B.A. Retail Management||3 years|
|30||B.B.A. Event Management and Public Relation||3 years|
|31||B.B.A. Hospital Management||3 years|
|32||B.B.A. Shipping Administration||3 years|
|33||B.B.A, Finance and Accounting||3 years|
|34||B.B.A. Customer Care Management||3 years|
|35||B.B.A. Front Ofice & Customer Care Management||3 years|
|36||B.B.A. Event Management||3 years|
|37||B.B.A. Air-Cargo, Shipping and Logistics Management||3 years|
|38||B.Sc. Multimedia & Web Technology||3 years|
|39||B.Sc. Catering Sceince & Hospitality||3 years|
|40||B.Sc. Hospitality Management||3 years|
|41||B.Sc. Geography||3 years|
|42||B.Com. Corporate Secretaryship||3 years|
|43||B.Com. (Actuarial Science)||3 years|
|44||B.A. Public Administration||3 years|
|45||B.A. Education||3 years|
|46||B.A. Applied Tamil only London Study Centre||3 years|
Post Graduate Courses:-
|S.No.||Name of the Course||Duration|
|1||M.Sc. Mathematics||2 Years|
|2||M.Sc. Physics||2 Years|
|3||M.Sc. Chemistry||2 Years|
|4||M.Sc. Environmental Science||2 Years|
|5||M.Sc. Bio-informatics||2 Years|
|6||M.Sc. Computer Science||2 Years|
|7||M.Sc. Information Technology||2 Years|
|8||M.Sc. Applied Psychology||2 Years|
|9||M.Sc. Botany||2 Years|
|10||M.Sc. Zoology||2 Years|
|11||M.Sc. (Costume Design &Fashion Technology)||2 Years|
|12||M.Sc. (Visual Communication)||2 Years|
|13||M.S.W (Master of Social Work)||2 Years|
|15||M.Com (CA)||2 Years|
|16||M.A. Tamil*||2 Years|
|17||M.A. English Literature||2 Years|
|18||M.A. Journalism & Mass Comm.||2 Years|
|19||M.A. History||2 Years|
|20||M.A. Economics||2 Years|
|21||M.A. Political Science and Public Administration||2 Years|
|22||M.A. Socialogy||2 Years|
|23||M.A. Criminology and Police Administration||2 Years|
|24||M.Sc. Geography||2 Years|
|25||M.L.I.S (Master of Library & Information Science)||2 Years|
|S.No.||Name of the Course||Duration|
|1||MBA (General)||2 Years|
|2||MBA (Financial Management)||2 Years|
|3||MBA (Hospital Management)||2 Years|
|4||MBA (Export Management)||2 Years|
|5||MBA (Entrepreneurship)||2 Years|
|6||MBA (Financial Services)||2 Years|
|7||MBA (Human Resource Management)||2 Years|
|8||MBA (International Business)||2 Years|
|9||MBA (Information System Management)||2 Years|
|10||MBA (Retail Management)||2 Years|
|11||MBA (Tourism and Hotel Management)||2 Years|
|12||MBA (Investment Management)||2 Years|
|13||MBA (Marketing Management)||2 Years|
|14||MBA (Services Management)||2 Years|
|15||MBA (Project Management)||2 Years|
|16||MBA (Technology Management)||2 Years|
|17||MBA (Aviation Management)||2 Years|
|18||MBA (Airline and Airport Management)||2 Years|
|19||MBA (Shipping and Port Management)||2 Years|
|20||MBA (Health Care Management)||2 Years|
|21||MBA (Shipping and Logistics Management)||2 Years|
|22||MBA (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)||2 Years|
|23||MBA (Customer Relationship Management)||2 Years|
|24||MBA (Costing and Financial Management)||2 Years|
|25||MBA (Disaster Management)||2 Years|
|26||MBA (Banking and Finance Management)||2 Years|
|27||MBA (Event Management)||2 Years|
|28||MBA (Material Management)||2 Years|
|29||Integrated MBA||5 Years|
|30||Executive MBA||2 Years|
|31||MCA (Master of Computer Application)||3 Years|
Post Graduate Diploma Programs:-
|S.No.||Name of the Course||Duration|
|1||PG Diploma in Computer Application||1 Years|
|2||PG Diploma in International Business||1 Years|
|3||PG Diploma in Communicative English||1 Years|
|4||PG Diploma in Insurance Management||1 Years|
|5||PG Diploma in Fitness Management||1 Years|
|6||PG Diploma in Bio-Informatics||1 Years|
|7||PG Diploma in Teaching of Tamil (Pulavar)||1 Years|
|8||PG Diploma in Medical Instrumentation||1 Years|
|10||PG Diploma in Micro Bio- technology||1 Years|
|11||PG Diploma in Airline & Airport Management||1 Years|
|12||PG Diploma in Shipping and Port Management||1 Years|
|13||PG Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management||1 Years|
|14||PG Diploma in Air-Cargo and Logistics Management||1 Years|
|15||PG Diploma in Chartering and Ship Broking Management||1 Years|
|16||PG Diploma in Shipping, Ocean Freight and Logistics Management||1 Years|
|17||P.G. Diploma in Yoga Education||1 Years|
|18||P.G. Diploma in Fire & Safety Management||1 Years|
Diploma And Certificates Programs:-
|S.No.||Name of the Course||Duration|
|1||Diploma in Medical Transcription||1 year|
|2||Diploma in Computerized Accounting||1 year|
|3||Diploma in Catering Science and Hotel Management||1 year|
|4||Diploma in Catering and Technology||1 year|
|5||Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management||1 year|
|6||Diploma in Warehousing and Inventory Management||1 year|
|7||Diploma in Ocean and Air Cargo Logistics Management||1 year|
|8||Diploma in Shipping and Ocean Freight Logistics Management||1 year|
|9||Diploma in Air-Cargo Logistics Management||1 year|
|10||Diploma in Airline and Airport Management||1 year|
|11||Diploma in Cargo Management||1 year|
|12||Certiicate Course in Library Science||1 year|
|13||Certiicate Course in Shipping and Ocean Freight Logistics Management||1 year|
|14||Certiicate Course in Marine Insurance and Shipping Logistics||1 year|
|15||Certiicate Course in Air-Cargo Logistics Management||1 year|
|16||Certiicate Course in Chartering and Ship Broking||1 year|
|17||Certiicate Course in Warehousing and Inventory Management||1 year|
|18||Certiicate Course in Shipping and Port Management||1 year|
|19||Certiicate Course in Logistics and Supply Chain Management||1 year|
Lateral Entry Programs:-
|S.No.||Name of the Course||Duration|
|1||BCA / B.Sc (Comp. Sci.)||2 Year|
|3||B.Sc (Costume Design & Fashion)||2 Year|
|4||B.Sc (Catering Science &Hotel Management)||2 Year|
Bharathiar University Distance Education Admission Process
There are only a few steps involved in the quick and easy Bharathiar University distance admission process.
Here are the key steps for both traditional and online admissions.
1. Intended for Online Admission: If the university accepts online applications, students can use the university website to submit an application immediately for the course of their choice. The INR 150 application cost must first be paid using one of the several online payment methods available (Net Banking, UPI, Credit/Debit Card, etc.).
This method is accessible for offline admission, for instance, if a candidate does not have access to internet services. In rare cases, the student could get the application form in the mail or on campus.
In order to pick up their application form directly from the college, students must pay a cost of INR 150, and they must pay an extra INR 200 to have it mailed to them. Both transactions involve demand draughts (DD).
2. Submit a finished application: Students must use the aforementioned website to submit their online applications. After that, they must follow the straightforward guidelines listed below:
- Candidates can select the curriculum and courses they want for this process. Verify their academic credentials by looking at their transcripts.
- Giving the Candidate the Relevant Background Information
- Make sure to check the email and given contact number if it is still in use or not.
- Social data and address details for correspondence with concession requests
- Once you cross-check the details filled you can submit the scanned copy of the required documents.
3. Online registration: To apply for offline admission, a student must obtain an application form, fill it out, attach copies of the necessary documentation, and mail the finished form and their DD.
Confirmation of Admission
- After an applicant pays the course fee and uploads the necessary admissions documentation, the institution sends them an SMS to confirm their provisional admission.
- The student can activate their access to the institution once they have downloaded their ID card online.
Bharathiar University has a hassle free admission process no entrance test in its required. The university welcomes the future aspirants seeking admission.
Candidates are required to fill the form online available on university’s website. Make sure all the required certificates photocopies are submitted when applying online.
Bharathiar University Distance Education Fee Structure
The Bharathiar University Distance Fee is quite reasonable and approachable. Additionally, it offers a range of courses for less than 50,000 INR at a reasonable cost. The number of applicants and students who can pay for the classes will rise. It helps to reduce the overall cost of tuition from being too onerous on students’ financial resources as they have the option of paying their tuition in yearly installments.
Under Graduate Program Fees:-
|B.COM. & B.B.A.,|
B.A. Tamil & English Litt.
|II & III||3220|
|II & III||3820|
|B.Com. Actuarial Science,|
B.Sc. Visual Communication
|II & III||6220|
|B.B.A. Airline & Airport Mgt.||I||5200|
|II & III||5920|
|B.Sc. Comp. Sci., IT, CDF, Cat. Sci.|
B.Sc. Chemistry, Zoology & Botany
B.C.A. & B.L.I.S.
|II & III||7420|
|II & III||4420|
|B.Sc. Animation & VFX||I||12200|
|II & III||11420|
|B.Sc. Physics & Mathematics||I||5800|
|II & III||5020|
|B.B.A. Hospital Management|
B.B.A. Log. & Sup. Ch. Mgt.,
B.B.A. Int. Ship. & Air Cargo Lg Mgt.)
|II & III||5920|
Post Graduate Programs Fees:-
|M.Sc.(Computer Science/IT, CDF/Chemistry/Visual Communication)||I||12500|
|M.Sc.(Physics/ BotanyZoology/Environmental Sci./Bio-Informatics)||I||10500|
|M.A(Tamil & English/History/Economics/Journal. & Mas Comn.),|
M.B.A., M.C.A. & P.G. Diploma Course Fees:-
|M.B.A.(Logi. & Sup. Ch. Mgt./Banking & Finance Mgt./Airline & Airport Mgt.)||I||13000|
|M.B.A.(All branches – other than the above Three Specialization)||I||12400|
|PG Diploma in Computer Applications/Bio – Informatics/Fire & Safety Mgt./Logist. & Sup. Ch. Mgt||I||9000|
|PG Diploma in International Business/Communicative English/Yoga Education/Fitness Managemet||I||6000|
Bharathiar University Distance Education Admission Important Dates
BU Distance Learning MBA/BBA Admission 2023
|Online Common Application Opens||
3rd week of April 2023
|Online Common Application closes||3rd week of May 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||To be notified|
|Starting of admission process||To be notified|
|Result Declaration Date||To be notified|
Bharathiar University Eligibility Criteria
- Students must have successfully completed their 10+2 exams in any stream from an approved board in order to be eligible for undergrad. On a first-come, first-served basis, selection will be based on the merit list.
- Based on their TANCET results, applicants are accepted into the two-year MCA and MBA programs. The university also conducts entrance exams for its MCA program. Candidates must have at least a 50% grade point average and a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field to be considered.
- To be admitted into the MSW program, applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning and have a minimum GPA of 55%.
- A bachelor’s degree in the pertinent field from an accredited institution of higher learning is required, as well as a minimum cumulative GPA of 55%, for applicants to the MCom program.
- A UG degree in the pertinent field from an approved university and a minimum cumulative GPA of 55% are requirements for admission to MA programs.
Through fee reduction programs, Bharathiar University Distance Education offers additional financial aid to students.
- Bharathiar University alums receive a 25% tuition reduction.
- For students with disabilities, there are no fees at all.
- To qualify for these discounts, graduates of Bharathiar or students with disabilities must present a PwD Certificate or a temporary certificate.
Candidates support at Bharathiar University Distance Education
- Student aid is an essential feature of the University because people who take distance education courses rarely visit the campus. There ought to be a process in place that kids may use if problems arise.
- The university has established approximately 44 Learning Support Centers across Tamil Nadu where students can promptly get answers to their inquiries and have their problems resolved. This is done to make sure that students can communicate with university officials.
- Students can also use the online help center on the university’s official website to obtain solutions to their queries.
- In addition to these services, SDE students can contact the university’s administration by phone or email using the information on the university website.
Bharathiar University Distance Education Review & Ranking
Bharathiar University is one of the highest ranked universities in the country for the Distance Education mode. It is ranked at 10th position for its MBA course nationally. It is ranked among the top universities, continually by many online ranking agencies.
- Students at Bharathiar University have access to a variety of educational opportunities thanks to the university’s over 99 remote learning courses.
- They can enroll in academic and professional courses for their undergraduate and graduate programs. The program places a lot of emphasis on the workplace.
- A review of the institution Bharathiar University SDE is one of the top 15 academic institutions in India for both science and the arts, according to the NIRF rankings. The NAAC gave it an A rating as well.
- It is a university with UGC-DEB certification and offers a wide range of courses. It boasts a reliable infrastructure and provides students with effective logistical and instructional support. The LMS has increased access to education for more candidates in Tamilnadu.
Bharathiar University FAQs
Ques.1. Is Bharathiar University degree valid?
Ans:- Bharatiar University is recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi. So degree earned from Bharatiar University is valid and well recognized.
Ques.2. How can I get provisional certificate from Bharathiar University?
Ans:- For offline method application forms can be obtained by sending a self-addressed Rs.10/- stamped envelope along with a request letter or can be collected by hand from the Enquiry counter of the Controller of Examination Section. Mode of payment may be either General fund account Challan from BANK OF INDIA of selected branches or Demand Draft of any Bank. Or the application form for the provisional certificate can be downloaded from the University website. The candidate need to send the filled in application form along with any enclosure required to the Controller of Examinations. University will send the provisional certificate to the given address by registered post. The fee for provisional website is Rs 300/- + the application fee is Rs 75/-
Ques.3. What is the duration of Bharathiar University Integrated MBA Program?
Ans:- The duration of Bharathiar University Integrated MBA Program is 5 years.
Ques.4. How can I apply for the Executive MBA Program?
Ans:- For online procedure, the candidate can visit to the website and download the application form. The fee for the application fee is Rs 150. For offline procedure, the candidate can send a Demand Draft or Bank Challan of Rs 200 to the Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University in a self-addressed envelope. Or the application form can be collected by producing a bank challan of Rs 150/-. The filled in form needs to be sent with all required documents.
Ques.5. What is the fee structure of Distance MBA Program?
Ans:- The total fees to be paid for distance MBA from Bharathiar University is Rs 30,120/-. To know the fee structure, please visit the website.
One of the most well-known and esteemed universities in the world for students interested in online learning is Bharathiar University Distance Education. Many out-of-state students come to the University to apply.
By using the information above to search the blog, you can get the answers to all of your questions regarding the institution. On our website, you should discover some helpful information.