Rd leading to Kuvempu University, Jnanasahyadri, Shankaragatta, Karnataka 577451
Approved By: UGC Type: Public
If you are interested in this college
Kuvempu University Distance MBA/BBA Overview
Kuvempu University is a state university established by the State Government of Karnataka in the year 1987. It is located in Shimoga city in the Indian state of Karnataka. The university was established under the state university Act 1976 and is fully sponsored by the government. It is the youngest affiliating university in the state and one of the finest university in the country. The university is also ranked among the top universities in India for distance MBA courses.
The university established the distance mode courses such as MBA, M.A., M. Com. M.Sc., and many more courses. The distance mode courses were commenced to lower the financial burden on the students and also provide a chance for the students who couldn’t be admitted to the regular classroom MBA programme. The distance MBA at Kuvempu University is also a recognized course, and its degree value is equivalent to the regular MBA degree. This initiative was taken considering its motto of “Education for All” as it would be able to provide professional education at the doorstep of the individuals at a minimal cost. It is also the best option for working employees to complete their education and enhance their knowledge.
The University is recognized by the University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi. IGNOU has also recognized the Directorate of Distance Education, Kavempu University for offering programmes through distance mode. The mode of Instruction in the distance MBA is English, and all the materials provided will be in the English language. Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) has approved the distance courses offered by the University. The university is a member of the Association of Indian Universities. The study materials provided are carefully designed and prepared by the team of professionals in a way to provide maximum information to the students.
Kuvempu University Distance MBA/BBA Programs and Specializations
|6||M.A. in Kannada||2 Years|
|7||M.A. in English||2 Years|
|8||M.A. in Hindi||2 Years|
|9||M.A. in Sanskrit||2 Years|
|10||M.A. in Urdu||2 Years|
|11||M.A. in Economics||2 Years|
|12||M.A. in Political Science||2 Years|
|13||M.A. in Sociology||2 Years|
|14||M.A. in History & Archaeology||2 Years|
|15||M.A. Education||2 Years|
|17||M.Sc. In Mathematics||2 Years|
|18||M.Sc. In Chemistry||2 Years|
|19||M.Sc. In Physics||2 Years|
|20||M.Sc. In Botany||2 Years|
|21||M.Sc. In Zoology||2 Years|
|22||M.Sc. In Applied Chemistry||2 Years|
|23||M.Sc. In Environmental Science||2 Years|
|24||M.Sc. In Biotechnology||2 Years|
|25||M.L.I.Sc. (One Year)||1 Years|
|26||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||2 Years|
|27||P.G. Diploma in Kannada Computer||1 Years|
|28||P.G. Diploma in Kannada Journalism||1 Years|
|29||P.G. Diploma in Marketing Management||1 Years|
|30||P.G. Diploma in Human Resources Management||1 Years|
|31||P.G. Diploma in Translation Studies||1 Years|
|32||P.G. Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management||1 Years|
|33||P.G. Diploma in Industrial Safety||1 Years|
Kuvempu University Distance MBA/BBA Admission Procedure
- The application form for admission in the distance MBA offered by the Kuvempu University, the candidate needs to fill the application form along with the submission of the required documents.
- The application form will be available for the candidates at the university promises and the study centers. The candidate can obtain the prospectus and application form either by post or in person on the payment of some minimal fee.
- The application form should be properly filled with all the correct information. The information entered by the candidate will be verified by the university with the original documents during the admission process.
- The complete application form is then to be submitted to the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Kuvempu University, Shankaragatta-577451, via post or in person. The candidate must ensure that the application form reaches the university before the expiry date of the admission. The application that reaches the university after the specified period will not be considered.
- The application fee can be submitted through Demand Draft (DD). The application fee for an unreserved candidate is INR 500, and for the reserved candidate, it is INR 300.
- The candidate also needs to submit the following documents:
- Acknowledgment Card
- Receipt of payment
- Mark sheet of the final year along with the passing certificate (original will be returned after verification)
- Admit card and application form of entrance examination
- Original mark sheet of SSC, HSC, and degree
Kuvempu University Distance MBA/PGDM/BBA Fee Structure
|I years||2nd year||3rd year|
|6||M.A. All Course||7805||7575||—–|
|17||M.Sc. In Mathematics||9740||9030||—–|
|18||M.Sc. In Chemistry||18680||17610||—–|
|19||M.Sc. In Physics||17710||16640||—–|
|20||M.Sc. In Botany||17710||16640||—–|
|21||M.Sc. In Zoology||17710||16640||—–|
|22||M.Sc. In Applied Chemistry||17710||16640||—–|
|23||M.Sc. In Environmental Science||17710||16640||—–|
|24||M.Sc. In Biotechnology||22215||20745||——|
|25||M.L.I.Sc. (One Year)||16155||——||—–|
|26||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||32700||31350||——|
|27||P.G. Diploma in Kannada Computer||7230||—–||—–|
|28||P.G. Diploma in Kannada Journalism||9160||—–||——|
|29||P.G. Diploma in Marketing Management||11610||—–||—–|
|30||P.G. Diploma in Human Resources Management||11610||—–||—–|
|31||P.G. Diploma in Translation Studies||7830||—–||——|
|32||P.G. Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management||11610||—–||——|
|33||P.G. Diploma in Industrial Safety||16020||——||——|
Kuvempu University Distance MBA/BBA Eligibility Criteria
The seeking admission in the distance MBA programme is offered by the Kuvempu University must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria set by the university. The candidates who fail to meet the eligibility after applying will lose their candidature as soon it is identified by the admission committee. In case the candidate fails to meet the eligibility after applying, their application fee will be forfeited, and no refund will be given.
The eligibility for the Distance MBA in Kuvempu University are:
- The candidate must have passed their intermediate examination from a recognized board.
- The candidate must have completed their bachelor in any subject with a minimum of 50 percent scores.
- The candidate must have qualified in the entrance examination conducted by the Kuvempu University.
- A candidate who does not have a bachelor’s degree is eligible for admission through the provincial degree issued by such university.
Bachelor in Business Administration(BBA)
Educational Qualification :Candidate must have completed 10 +2 or equivalent degree from any recognized institution with 50% marks in aggregate for general and 45% for SC, ST and OBC along with adequate expertise in English.
Age Requirements : There is no minimum age requirement.
Kuvempu University Distance MBA/BBA Review & Ranking
Kevempu University is a premier university offering quality education at a minimal cost. Being a state university, it is sponsored by the state government, decreasing the financial burden of the students. The university has won many awards and given many alumni who are working at a very high position in renowned companies. It has a fair placement record and adequate facilities for the enrolled students. It offers library facilities for students will to learn more than the study materials provided. It also organizes regular interactive sessions at its study centers to bring the students and teachers together, which amounts to healthy interaction and also gives a chance for the students to clear their doubts in the subject.
The university is ranked among the top universities in India by NIRF. It has an adequate facility for better learning, and the learning method opted by the university is very supportive.
Kuvempu University FAQS for Distance MBA/BBA Programes
Ques.1. Is Kuvempu distance education government recognized?
Ans:- Kuvempu University distance education is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC). Kuvempu University is a part of the association of India Universities (AIU).
Ques.2. Is kuvempu distance education valid for private jobs?
Ans:- Yes, Kuvempu distance education is valid for private jobs and government jobs. The courses offered by the University are approved by the government and under the UGC Act.
Ques.3. What course offered by Kuvempu University in distance mode?
Ans:-The courses offered by Kuvempu University in distance mode includes:
- PG Diploma
Ques.4.What are the fees of Kuvempu University distance MBA programs?
Ans:- Kuvempu University distance MBA programs charges around INR 64,200 fees. The course fees charged by the University is very affordable. The Non-resident India Students have to pay a fee of INR 10,000 towards admission fees apart from regular course fees.
Ques.5. How can I get admission in Kuvempu University distance programs?
Ans:- The candidates have to secure the basis of their marks in the university entrance examination and the qualifying examination.
The candidates can obtain the application form through the official website.
The candidates are required to pay Rs. 150/- along with their fees at the time of admission. The demand draft should be made in favour of “Finance Officer, Kuvempu University” and payable at State Bank of Mysore.
The candidates can obtain admit cards of entrance examination from the official website.
The candidates are also required to deposit an attested copy of the following documents:
- Marks sheet of Final year examination & qualifying examination.
- 10+2 or equivalent examination certificate
- Examination Application Form and Hall Ticket form.
- Admission Registration Card along with stamp size photos
Ques.6. How do I check my Kuvempu University Results?
Ans:-Visit the official website at kuvemou.ac.in to know the results. The candidates are required to provide details along with hall ticket card/application form number to access their results.