Best Online MBA in Finance Management
An Online MBA in finance Management teaches students advanced leadership, analysis, and portfolio management skills that will enable them to help individuals and organizations maximize their financial health and potential. These programs attract students who want to advance their careers by assisting them in obtaining desirable positions in a variety of industries and organizations.
Earning an online MBA in finance can provide access to a variety of business and financial occupations, which the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts will add more than 475,000 jobs between 2019 and 2029. Furthermore, business and financial professionals earn a median annual salary of $72,250.
MBA degrees typically take two years to complete, though online and accelerated programs may offer completion times of less than one year. Tuition for MBA programs varies but can cost more than $70,000-$100,000 per year at prestigious institutions, far exceeding the average yearly tuition rate for graduate degrees ($19,310).
MBA in Finance is an appealing degree because it is difficult to understand, complicated, and requires a lot of calculations. But it’s all worth it for a prestigious corner office stable job in any MNC.
At the moment, many companies are expanding their financial sector, and job opportunities in finance are plentiful. So, if numbers are your thing and you need a promotion, taking a distance education MBA from a reputable college while still working is a good idea. Here’s everything you need to know!
Table of Contents
What is an Online MBA in Finance management?
Although programs vary greatly, an MBA in finance typically focuses on one or more subdisciplines, such as corporate or international finance. While an MBA is typically a two-year commitment, some MBA in finance degrees offers flexible study options to better accommodate working professionals.
These programs can be demanding, with an emphasis on experience-driven and practical training, and students are frequently required to complete internships. Degree seekers in online programs may be required to meet residency requirements; distance learners should keep this in mind when selecting a school.
Key Highlights of Online MBA in Finance management
- It instills skills in one’s career such as improving account management, cash management, budgeting, money, capital, and so on.
- An MBA in finance in online/distance mode is a postgraduate degree for those seeking a career in financial management.
- An online/distance MBA in finance management is divided into four semesters over the course of two years.
- This UGC-DEB-approved course has the same value as regular courses in the same specialization.
- This degree provides students with numerous career options in the private and public sectors, as well as opportunities abroad.
- It provides a variety of career options, including banker, stock marketer, trader, account manager, and so on.
- The average fee range for this course ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 3,00,000, depending on the university from which you choose to take the course.
What are the Eligibility criteria for Online MBA in Finance management course?
The following are the basic eligibility criteria for this course:
- The candidate should be a graduate of a recognized university.
- The candidate should have received at least 45% to 50% on the qualifying paper.
- Working professionals who have completed their graduation can also enroll in this course to obtain additional qualifications and advance their careers.
Duration of an Online MBA in Finance Management
An online MBA in Finance degree has the same duration as a traditional MBA degree. The minimum duration of a distance and online MBA in Finance is two years, and the maximum duration is four years. Students pursuing an online MBA in Finance will be given an extra two years to complete all of the program’s exams. The program consists of four semesters.
What Can I Expect From a Finance MBA Online Program?
An online MBA in finance combines a general MBA program’s advanced business education with specialized training in finance-related activities. Graduates can manage finance teams, consult and analyze data, and assist organizations in making more informed financial decisions.
Online programs provide students with greater flexibility and accessibility, broadening their study options. These degrees may also provide students with a number of benefits, with some programs offering flexible schedules, cutting-edge online technologies, and flat tuition rates for all students.
MBA in Finance Courses as an Example
- Finance for Corporations
- Supply Chain Management Financial Management
- Portfolio Management for Business Analytics
How to Select the Best Online MBA in Finance Program
Aspiring finance graduate students can choose from a variety of related master’s degrees, so compare program types, curricula, and attendance structures.
Recent college graduates or inexperienced professionals interested in finance-related careers such as investments or securities trading frequently choose the master of finance, an MS degree that focuses solely on finance courses and does not require prior work experience. Meanwhile, the MS in taxation and accounting’s tax-focused curriculum prepares aspiring accountants and tax professionals for CPA licensure.
In contrast to these two narrower tracks, the finance MBA program curriculum includes finance coursework as well as a focus on foundational business management skills and topics. Consider your career interests and goals when deciding where to apply. Look for MBA programs that offer concentration options tailored to your desired industry, field, or position.
The quality of finance-related master’s programs varies, so make sure to apply only to accredited schools and programs. Top finance online MBA programs are regionally accredited. Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business or the Accreditation Council for Collegiate Business Schools and Programs is also common in high-quality business programs.
Your time constraints should also be considered when making application decisions. Full-time or accelerated MBA programs may be appropriate for recent college graduates and others with flexible schedules and a lot of eagerness, whereas busy working professionals are often better off in part-time programs. Part-time executive MBA programs are frequently chosen by experienced business leaders.
Top online MBA programs usually require a capstone thesis or on-site internship component, so make sure you can meet these in-person requirements before applying. Keep in mind that school name recognition and existing partnerships between local schools and businesses can improve networking, internship, and employment opportunities.
What Can I Do With an MBA in Finance Degree?
Graduates who earn an MBA in finance are well-positioned for a rewarding career. The BLS projects 15% job growth for financial managers between 2019 and 2029, which is nearly four times faster than the average projected growth rate for all occupations. In addition to providing numerous job opportunities, an MBA in finance qualifies professionals for some of the most lucrative positions in the business sector.
Degree seekers can also increase their employability by specializing in a subdiscipline. Choosing a specialization such as corporate finance, portfolio management, risk management, or financial management can help learners focus their training and increase their chances of finding meaningful employment in those fields.
Finance Director: Finance directors direct finance departments and teams in developing and implementing financial strategies. Finance directors must have advanced skills in accounting and financial analysis, projection, and reporting, as well as a master’s degree in business administration, finance, or a related field. These leaders, as managers, hire and evaluate finance personnel. According to PayScale data from December 2021, finance directors earn an average annual salary of $114,220.
Accountant, Certified Public: Accountants and auditors create, organize, prepare, and review tax documents and other financial records, ensuring accuracy and adherence to tax laws. These professionals may work for businesses, governments, organizations, or private clients, and they may specialize in auditing, financial planning, or valuation. CPAs may assist their employers in streamlining financial processes such as bookkeeping. According to PayScale, CPAs earned $69,780 in December 2021. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 7% increase in job opportunities for accountants and auditors between 2020 and 2030.
Controller of Finance: These individuals are in charge of financial departments such as accounting, auditing, and budgeting. Financial controllers are frequently responsible for creating financial analyses, projections, and plans. This position also entails regulatory compliance paperwork and financial reporting responsibilities. Financial controllers must be skilled in communication, problem-solving, and quantitative analysis. Most financial controllers have related master’s degrees and are certified as CPAs, financial accountants, or financial managers. As of December 2021, financial controllers earned an average annual salary of $86,280.
Manager of Finance: Financial managers are responsible for ensuring their organizations’ financial health by developing financial goals, strategies, and plans to protect and improve their companies’ financial success. To analyze data and market trends, direct investments, and supervise financial staff, these professionals must have analytical and leadership skills. Credit or cash managers, treasurers, risk managers, and financial controllers are all examples of financial managers. As of 2020, financial managers earned a median annual salary of $134,180, according to the BLS. The BLS also predicts a 17% increase in this profession between 2020 and 2030.
Analyst of Finance: Financial analysts provide financial investment advice to public companies and private clients. Based on risk and market trends, financial analysts evaluate existing investments such as stocks and bonds, and recommend new investments. These experts may also assess financial statements and management teams. Financial analysts must have analytical, quantitative, and communication skills in order to analyze and report on investments and other financial information to clients. According to the BLS, the median annual salary for financial analysts in 2020 was $83,660. The BLS predicts a 6% increase in financial analyst positions between 2020 and 2030.
Is a Finance MBA Worth It?
A finance MBA can open doors to specialized industries, careers, and projects. These advanced degrees frequently supplement experience, leadership, and professional drive, giving graduates a competitive advantage over their peers.
All MBA candidates should think about the potential return on investment for their degree, comparing tuition rates and average salaries of potential careers. Graduates of an MBA in finance may be qualified for positions such as financial manager, financial analyst, and financial examiner. Each of these professions’ top 10% earns $160,000 or more per year.
An MBA does not necessarily qualify all graduates for the same positions, nor does every student meet the admission requirements for these often competitive programs. As an alternative, aspiring or current finance professionals should think about pursuing
Why Get an MBA in Finance? Instead of a Master's Degree in Finance?
An MBA in finance or a master of science in finance are two options available to prospective finance students. While both degrees can lead to similar career paths, MBA programs typically provide more leadership training and better prepare graduates for management positions.
While many of the best online master’s in finance programs provide a similarly in-depth finance education, MBA programs may better connect the theory covered in coursework to broader organizational activities. Aspiring students may also choose to enroll in an interdisciplinary dual MBA and master’s in finance program. Check out our dual-degree program guide for more information on these programs.
What Are the Admission Requirements for a Finance MBA Program?
Admission typically requires at least a bachelor’s degree, as well as GMAT scores. Minimum test scores and GPA requirements may be imposed by competitive programs. They may also demand that applicants have a specific degree, such as a bachelor’s degree in business or finance.
Prospective students may need relevant experience in business or finance to gain admission to an MBA in finance program. Letters of recommendation, a personal statement or essay, and a resume are also common requirements.
Test Scores : Although GRE scores may be accepted, most business schools prefer GMAT scores. GMAT scores range from 200 to 800, with the Graduate Management Admission Council reporting that the average score from 2017 to 2019 was 565. It is possible for top business schools to require applicants to have a GMAT score between 600-650.
Letters of Recommendation: Students applying to MBA programs should consider asking current or former instructors and managers to write letters of recommendation for them. These letters address an applicant’s capabilities and potential within the program, as well as past strengths.
Resume: MBA programs in finance frequently require applicants to have at least two years of relevant work experience, which they can demonstrate by submitting a resume. Relevant experience may come from a business-related position or a finance-specific field, depending on the program. MBA candidates must demonstrate leadership potential as well as a solid understanding of business fundamentals.
Essays: Most programs require a personal statement that includes an applicant’s educational and professional background, as well as a description of their intended career path or interest. Some schools may assign more specific questions for students to answer.
Transcripts from Official Sources: Transcripts demonstrating relevant training and grades must be submitted as part of the MBA application packet. While many MBA programs in finance do not accept transfer credits, some applicants may be able to graduate sooner if they have completed comparable training.
List of Best Online MBA in Finance Management
1. ICFAI university: ICFAI University is well-known for its decades-old flexible distance learning programs that are jam-packed with invaluable industry exposure. MBA programs are intended to provide students with a strong portfolio as well as exceptional functional skills. ICFAI has been established by the State Government and is recognized by the UGC.
Other information about ICFAI MBA Finance:
- Students must be graduates of a recognized high school, college, or university. ICFAI administers its own Computer Based Test (CBT), which is required.
- The total course fees are around 63,000 INR, which can be paid in one lump sum or in installments. There is an EMI option available, and an initial payment of 10,000 INR is required via demand draught.
- Students can apply for the course and register for the examination on the ICFAI website.
2. Suresh Gyan Vihar university- Sahitya Sadawrat Samiti, a government body, founded SGVU. The self-financed university, supported by the Rajasthan government, has several educational credits to its name. The university is accredited by NAAC with a grade of ‘A’ and is also recognized by the UGC.
Suresh Gyan Vihar University MBA Finance Information:
- The university offers a distance MBA finance module for around 52,000 INR.
- The course’s eligibility criteria are simple graduation from any recognized school/college/university.
- Candidates can apply to the university directly via their website or by visiting the campus.
3. IGNOU- Indra Gandhi National open university- IGNOU’s distance education MBA offerings have maintained a level of perfection, delivery, and unbeatable execution, which are the primary reasons why IGNOU is the most preferred choice for distance education MBA. IGNOU has risen to prominence in the last two decades, making it the most popular choice for distance education.
IGNOU MBA Finance Specifications:
- IGNOU has kept the same cost for all MBA specializations, which is 31,500 INR.
- The only requirement for applying is simple graduation.
- Every student is required to take the OPENMAT test administered by the university. Students are admitted to the course based on their scores and merit.
- Unlike other universities, there is no age limit for applying to IGNOU for distance education.
- Students must purchase the online prospectus, which is also available offline, complete it, and submit it online or by mail to the university headquarters in order to apply for the course. The prospectus fee is around 1050 INR.
4. Sikkim Manipal University: SMU, one of the oldest players in distance education MBA, has built a reputation solely through students who have taken courses at the university. SMU, as one of the oldest private universities, has a curriculum rich in knowledge curated from each decade.
Sikkim Manipal University MBA Finance:
- Eligibility Criteria: Graduation in any stream from a recognized school, college, or university.
- In order to apply for the course, students must take the SMAT and score at least 40% on the entrance exam. SMAT subjects include General Awareness, English Language, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The course fee per semester is 20,000 INR, which includes exam fees.
- Students must apply for the course through the SMU website or by visiting an SMU regional office.
5. Annamamali University: Annamalai University has a solid reputation. The South Indian university offers over 500 courses that have been approved by the Distance Education Council of New Delhi. Faculty at the University are industry professionals with decades of experience to back up their knowledge.
Annamalai University MBA Finance:
- A candidate with a recognized graduation degree from any school, college, or university is required for the two-year course.
- Admissions can be made either online or by mail. Students must submit scanned documents attested by a gazetted officer.
- The total course fee is 39,700 INR, which can be paid in one lump sum.
Distance and online MBA in Finance Management Program Duration
An online MBA in Finance degree takes the same amount of time to complete as a traditional MBA. A distance and online MBA in Finance can be completed in as little as two years and as much as four years. Students enrolled in the online MBA in Finance will have an additional two years to complete the program’s exams. There are four semesters in the program.
Curriculum for an Online MBA in Finance
Curricula for online finance MBA programs vary by school, but most programs combine core business management coursework with finance-related courses like budgeting or financial planning. Three sample MBA in finance courses is described below.
Budgeting: Cost/benefit analysis, risk analysis, and financial data analysis are all covered in budgeting courses. Students learn how to calculate expenses, production, and revenue to create operating budgets.
Financial Planning: This course develops students’ financial analysis and planning skills by teaching them how to use financial statements and variance analysis to estimate the differences between budgeted and actual expenses.
Financial Accountability: Students in financial compliance courses become acquainted with current compliance rules and regulations. Security, risk management, ethics, and fraud are frequently covered subtopics.
Ques. Is it difficult to get into an MBA school in finance?
Ans. A lot of MBA programs are extremely selective and demand a mix of excellent undergraduate grades, good exam scores, and professional experience. However, candidates who are unable to achieve these entrance standards might be able to locate more flexible and accommodating programs.
Ques. What can I accomplish with a financial MBA?
Ans. Many financial and business occupations, such as management, analyst, and consultancy positions, can be attained with an MBA in finance. Graduates from these programs also acquire the knowledge and certifications required for managerial positions across a range of industries.
Ques. Is a job in finance desirable?
Ans. Careers in finance can be quite rewarding, offering good employment prospects and monetary security. According to the BLS, between 2019 and 2024, jobs in business and finance are expected to expand by 5%.
Ques. How much money can I expect to make with a finance MBA?
Ans. Graduates with a finance MBA can be hired for a variety of lucrative careers. The BLS reports that the median annual wage for business and finance jobs is $72,250, which is more than $30,000 higher than the median annual wage for all occupations. Additionally, managerial positions pay an average of $109,760 per year in wages.
Ques. What professions offer the highest salaries to those with an MBA in finance?
Ans. The financial manager is one of the highest-paying positions open to MBA finance graduates. The typical annual compensation for these professions is $134,180, and the top 10% of earners earn more than $208,000.
News and Updates
Top Online MBA Colleges