Top 10 Online MA Colleges In India
Online MA programs are offered by a number of universities in India. The Top 10 online Master of Arts (M.A.) colleges in India are listed below, where you can look them up and submit an application. Online master of arts (M.A.) courses are popular among people who are employed, want to further their education, or want to upgrade their skill set but are unable to attend a traditional institution. But it doesn’t mean that people who aren’t working right now can’t take an online course. Many mothers and stay-at-home moms with children have the option of enrolling in an online Master of Arts (M.A.) course if they eventually want to go back to work.
The Top M.A. Online Education Universities in India listed below may be of great help to such candidates. Candidates have the opportunity to enhance their qualifications and increase their work options thanks to the low cost of online learning. There is no maximum age for online education. In online learning, electronic channels such the phone, video conferencing, email, websites, chat sessions, teleconferencing, etc. are the main means of contact between the institution, students, and teachers.
Table of Contents
All About Online MA (master of arts) in India
The top universities in India for online MA fluctuate depending on the demand for the program among our aspirants. An online learning MA offers a postgraduate program with a focus on the arts. Many children in India, a country with a sizable population, are pursuing careers and education in the hopes of having better futures.
Candidates who want to continue their education after graduation in a number of art-related fields may select a distance MA. But we are still undecided about the institution to choose in order to advance our professions. Yes, there are many prestigious colleges in India that offer online MA programs that can help us advance our careers and improve our prospects for employment.
The best online learning You can take live classes, access the best learning management system, and receive industry-leading placement support from MA schools.
All subjects in the humanities, including political science, literature, and language, are covered in a postgraduate degree known as an online MA or Master of Arts. Online learning is the most common way to complete this course. Most Indian students who enroll in this course do so online. The course is divided into four semesters and lasts two years.
Online education is a cutting-edge method of learning that works because the majority of students consider it to be the most useful way to learn. Students who opt for online learning will also learn how to study independently.
The basis for the admissions process is either the merit list or the entrance exam. Depending on your preferences, you can pursue a master’s degree in this course in a number of different areas. You need a GPA of at least 50% in order to apply for an MA.
Admission Process for Online MA (Masters of Arts)
It is necessary to complete the following steps in order to be admitted to Indian colleges for online MA programs:
- MA programs can be entered directly based on merit or through an entrance exam.
- Some colleges and universities base their admissions decisions on students’ merit or test results. You are exempt from taking the entrance exam for these colleges.
- In contrast, you may not be offered direct admission at some colleges unless you pass the entrance exam. For final admission in a few colleges, there are additional rounds of group discussions and individual interviews after the entrance exam.
- After passing the entrance exam, you will be given a score or ranking that will determine whether you are admitted to an MA program.
- The cost of an online MA college ranges from $20k to $30k.
There are a number of well-known admission tests held in India, including
- TISSNET: This test is given by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and has multiple-choice questions.
- IPU CET: This test is given by Indraprastha University.
- The PU CET exam is given by Punjab University, and applicants are evaluated using multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The CUCET, or Government University Common Entrance Test, is administered at the national level in India and is organized by 14 central universities.
- AUCET, the state-level entrance examination, is administered by Andhra University.
- The JNUET exam is given by Jawaharlal University, and because JNU is known for providing a variety of MA degrees, many students prepare for it.
- DUET – Delhi University provides this test via computer-based testing in several cities across India.
- The BHU PET exam, which is given by Banaras Hindu University, uses multiple-choice questions.
Eligibility Criteria of Online MA
Students must fulfill specified eligibility conditions in order to enroll in the MA Program that is taught entirely online. The requirements for admission vary between universities. Some colleges now provide entrance exams for admission to their online MA programs.
On the official websites of the universities and colleges, these eligibility conditions are detailed.
All universities are required to meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor of Arts (BA) program at a university approved by the University Grants Commission in no more than three to four years.
- A candidate for the MA must have passed the exam or be in their final year of study.
- A minimum of 50% is necessary for graduation. The ratio might vary based on the college. It might range from 50 to 60% in some colleges and institutions.
- For SC/ST/OBC individuals and those with disabilities, there is a 5% relaxation.
- One thing to remember is that the application form’s data needs to be accurate. The admission may be canceled or revoked if there is any incorrect or misleading information provided.
- Humanities, arts, and liberal arts are studied in online MA College courses and specializations. The Distance MA is the right program for you if you want to study literature or history and are seeking employment in those fields, or if you want to start a business but not resign from your current position. An affordable option is a distance learning course. The cost of an online MA college ranges from $20k to $30k.
Top 10 Online MA Colleges in India
There are several well-known and well-recognized universities that offer MA degrees online. Here is the list of online MA colleges in India:
One of the biggest universities in the world is IGNOU University, which provides students with a huge selection of courses. The Indira Gandhi National Open University, the first national open university, was established in 1985. (IGNOU). The government of India oversees IGNOU University. The online MA is one of IGNOU’s more affordable graduate programs. The online MA program at IGNOU costs Rs. 10800.
2. LPU (Lovely Professional University)
Lovely Professional University, one of the well-known private universities, offers both new and contemporary courses in both conventional and distance learning modes. The university was founded in 2005 and immediately became well-known among online institutions. Online master’s degrees in subjects like history and English are offered by LPU.
Chandigarh online University has quickly distinguished itself as one of the esteemed institutions of higher learning. CU has built a strong reputation in the area of online education. This higher education facility was established in 2012. The UGC-DEB has given Chandigarh University its seal of approval, and it has earned an A+ from NAAC accreditation. The university offers top-notch education to its students. The cost of the online MA program at Chandigarh University is Rs. 25000 over two years.
4. Karnataka University
Numerous experts agree that Karnataka State Open University is among the best colleges for students looking for online education. The university offers its students quality instruction. The online learning MA program at this university is one of the best ones. The university has received approval from the University Grants Commission’s online education bureau. Any degree from this university is therefore very beneficial in the fiercely competitive job market. The cost of the distance learning MA program at Karnataka State Open University is Rs. 10600.
5. DR. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
DR. B.R. Ambedkar Open University was formerly known as Andhra Pradesh Open University, one of the pioneering institutions in the field of online education. The institution was established in 1982 as a result of a law passed by the AP State Legislature. In 1991, the state government changed the name of the Andhra Pradesh Open University to the DR. B.R. Ambedkar Open University. Although Telugu is the primary language of instruction at this university, you can also pursue an MA in Hindi or English, which are taught in the corresponding languages.
6. School of open learning, Delhi university
University of Delhi’s School of Open Learning The School of Open Learning at Delhi University (DUSOL), founded in 1962 as one of the country’s first distance learning institutions, is one of the most well-known names in distant learning in India. The University of Delhi is associated with the School of Open Learning. The University Grants Board has given SOL DU permission to operate as a part of the University of Delhi (UGC). MA online learning costs Rs. 11600 for two years.
7. Jaipur National University
Jaipur National University had just been established in 2007. Jaipur National University constantly ranks among the top online MA universities in the world for providing students with online education courses. The university provides a variety of courses both in conventional classroom settings and through distance learning to make sure that every student has access to the best education possible. JNU has obtained certification of graduation as well as permission from AICTE and NAAC. The university also provides a MA program with online learning for Rs. 8000.
8. Mahatma Gandhi University
With a large selection of online courses, Mahatma Gandhi University is the best online learning institution in India. Based in Kerala, it. The university is well-known for providing a wide array of specialties at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The school offers an online learning MA as one of its courses.The University Grants Commission has granted the institution recognition.
9. Netaji Subhas Open University
Online undergraduate and graduate programs are offered to students by Netaji Subhas Open University, the top public university in the country. One of the courses the university offers is the MA program online. The University Grant Commission has approved the plan for the university. The Netaji Subhas Open University’s two-year, Rs. 15200 cost for the online MA program.
10. Dr. D.Y Patil university
Dr. D.Y. Patil Arts, Commerce & Science College was established in 1995 and was constructed by the Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society. It is associated with Savitribai Phule University in Pune (SPPU). The institute offers a comprehensive range of Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in all the important areas of Science, Commerce, and the Arts. As part of the institute’s outstanding academic environment, frequent scholarly talks are a ritual that helps students develop into open-minded and responsible citizens.
The college is also home to a faculty that is highly qualified and has years of experience in their respective fields. They instill in the students a healthy sense of competition and enthusiasm for success. All of the courses are well-designed, and their curricula combine traditional heritage, aesthetic values, and traditional and innovative teaching methods to give students a global perspective and an understanding of other cultures.
Let’s wind up
In India, a large number of universities provide distance learning to students, but we must choose one of the best universities that are best for us. We have provided a list of the best universities to help you find a school that suits you. pleasing reading.
Ques. How many colleges and universities in India provide degrees?
Ans: In India, there are roughly 38,498 institutes that award degrees.
Ques. What type of course or subject is appropriate for an MA?
Ans. Political science, international relations, media, and communication are the finest MA courses or subjects.
Ques. Can an MA candidate select two specialties?
Ans. In the same academic year, you cannot select two specialties from different universities.
Ques. Can you achieve an MA through distance learning?
Ans. The MA program can be completed via correspondence or distance learning because it is approved by AICTE and UGC-DEB.
Ques. Is working in MA a wise career move?
Ans. Yes, the MA program is a great option for students as it gives them access to a variety of job opportunities.
Ques. How long are the MA programs offered via distance learning?
Ans. The two-year distance learning MA program is divided into four semesters.
Ques. Can I get my MA online?
Ans. Yes, the distance learning MA program is legitimate.
Ques. How can I apply for admission to the MA program?
Ans. Either a merit-based admissions process or an entrance exam is used to determine admission to the MA program.
For more updates about blogs and news visit our page umeacademy.com or Umeacademy YouTube channel
Top Online Colleges In India