Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC), New Delhi
NH 48, near AIIMS Hospital, Ansari Nagar West, New Delhi, Delhi 110029
Affiliated By: IP University Type: Government
In 2001 the Vardhman Mahavir Medical College was established by the Government of India at Safdarjung Hospital. The first batch of MBBS students was started in February 2002. But some Postgraduate courses like MS/ MD in clinical subjects were still running at Safdarjung Hospital even before the establishment of VMMC College. As the year passed the MD/ MS seats have been increased. The college also running super specializations likes DM/Mch. The college VMMC is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
Highlights of VMMC
Full form of VMMC
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
VMMC Official website
Selection criteria of the college
Based on Counseling process
Total no. of programs
Test Scores accepted for admission
Helpdesk Number for Admission
VMMC Courses & Fees
The VMM College and hospital has super specialty departments such as Neurology, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Respiratory Medicine, Paediatric Surgery, Burns and Plastic, Nephrology, etc. The college offers admission into UG and PG programs as per the IP University admissions. The College has excellent faculty with more than twenty years of experience.
Latest Admission Alert
- College get Ranked 16 in the year 2020 for Medical by NIRF
- College Got Rank 8 for Medical by India today in 2021
- College gets Ranked 8 for Medical by India today in 2020
- Ranked 14 for Medical by the Week in 2019
- Ranked 9 for Medical by India today 2019
- Ranked 19 for Medical by NIRF 2019
- Ranked 13 for Medical by the Week 2020
The VMMC College currently providing various courses such as B.Sc (Nursing) / MBBS / MS / MD courses with various specializations. Aspiring candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
Follow the below steps to get admission into VMM College:-
- Applicants need to download their application form from the official website of the college
- Fill the application form with a black or blue ball pen with correct details and then post it
- Only those applicants can fill the application form who completed their intermediate exam with 50% aggregate marks with Physics, Biology and Chemistry subjects
- For MBBS applicants must need B.Sc Nursing degree
- Applicants who want to get admission in MS/ MD must have to qualify NEET- PG exam
- For MBBS admission, students need to qualify for the NEET- UG exam
- For B.Sc Nursing, applicants need to clear the intermediate, and admission will be done based on merit list
Application process for Vardhman Mahavir Medical College:
- Applicants should need to visit the official website and click on the notice board
- Click on the Download Application Form and enter all mandatory details
- Pay the application fee through DD
- Post your application form
B.Sc Nursing is a 4-year duration UG course and there is a total of 250 students intake the admission.
Applicants who completed the intermediate exam with 50% marks from a recognized university with Chemistry, Physics, English, and Biology have as mandatory subject
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College offers an MBBS course and the duration of the course is 5.5 years. The total number of seats is 150.
- Applicants who completed their intermediate or any equivalent exam with Biology, Chemistry and Physics and English as mandatory subjects with at least 50% marks
- The admission in MBBS is based on the NEET-UG entrance exam which is conducted by the IPU CET and CBSE
- Applicants who want to take admission in this course need to attend the counseling process conducted by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
The Vardhman Mahavir Medical College is one of the best colleges in the medical field. Every year the college offers 100% placements for UG students and gets placed in the Safdarjung Hospital with a handsome salary. Apart from this, the college offers one year internship in the same hospital so that students can get placed in good hospitals. During the internship, students can get a minimum 18000 stipend.
The MCC or Medical Council Committee released the NEET 2020 cut-off on its official website. Applicants who secure the above score of NEET Cut off will be eligible to participate in the admission process. The cut-off may be different for unreserved and reserved category candidates. The standard NEET cut-off has been released by the NTA. But Dental or Medical Council of India can increase and decrease the cut off if there is seat availability. Under the MBBS or BDS program, there are 85% of seats will be reserved for State Quota and the remaining 15% seats will be reserved for AIQ (All India Quota).
NEET 2020 Cut off:
- For General categories the cut off range is between 701 to 147
- For ST/ OBC/ SC categories the cut off range is between 128 to 113
- For General Physically Handicapped the cut off range is between 146 to 129
- For ST/ OBC/ SC- Physically handicapped categories the cut off range between 128 to 113
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College cut-off 2020:
- The Vardhman Mahavir Medical College or VMMC cut off was determined as per the below factors:
- Previous year cut off of the NEET
- Total number of available seats
- Total number of applicants who appear in the exam
- Difficulty level of the NEET exam
- Performance of the applicants
The fee of this college is very affordable as it is a Government Aided College. But there is a scholarship facility available for those students who belong to poor social status and also from lower communities like for SC/ ST categories but there is no scholarship for General Categories. As per the reviews the college also offers scholarships for intermediate mark sheet base.
Ques. What will be the MBBS fee of Vardhman Mahavir Medical College?
Ans. The fee of the MBBS course is Rupees 33,500 for the first year.
Ques. Where is the Vardhman Mahavir Medical College situated?
Ans. The VMMC or Vardhman Mahavir Medical College is located in Ansari Nagar, New Delhi.
Ques. Is Vardhman Mahavir Medical College a private or Government college?
Ans. The VMMC College is a Government college and one of the largest hospitals of the Delhi Government.
Ques. How does a candidate get admission to VMMC?
Ans. To get admission to the MBBS course applicants should have completed an intermediate degree with 50% aggregate marks in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English. Applicants must have to qualify NEET UG exam.
Ques. What is the IP Quota in VMMC College?
Ans. The IP Quota is candidates can mean 2 things and 1 Internal PG Quota
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management