DATA SCIENCE COURSE
Data Science is a field in the interdisciplinary area or domain. The phrase “Data Science” was first invented by William S. Cleveland in the beginning of the 21st Century. It is about the logical methodology in handling huge data requirements. The study of information relates to different scientific procedures, theories and techniques derived from several fields in the framework of mathematics, insights/statistics, computer science, domain knowledge and information science.
Data science is an interdisciplinary field that utilizes logical techniques, processes, calculations and systems to separate information and experiences from organized and unstructured information, and apply knowledge and actionable insights of knowledge from information across a wide scope of application spaces.
Recently, Data Science has been in huge demand in any organization or business. To adapt to the demand, aspirants have begun in looking forward their career in Data Science courses.
Organizations have begun in upgrading the skills of their staff to remain aggressive towards their work. So many institutes picked the business needs and planned reasonable courses in Data Science.
Data Science Eligibility
In Data Science most of courses planned are PG and certificate level courses for graduates. The eligibility criterion for the PG data science diploma program is given below:-
- Aspirant who has done graduation can apply for this course
- If you have a works experience in the field of data science along with your bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply for this course
- IT engineers who wants to shift their career into data science are also eligible
Latest Admission Alert
Data Science Course Syllabus
Data science is an electric field. It will provide work to numerous experts later on in the future. Thinking about its significance and vastness, numerous fields are included in its program.
Given below the syllabus of the Data science program:-
Introduction to Data Science
Statistical Foundations for Data Science
Mathematics and Statistics
Machine Learning Algorithms
Data Structures and Algorithms
Experimentation, Evaluation and Project Deployment Tools
Predictive Analytics and Segmentation using Clustering
Exploratory Data Analysis
Business Acumen & Artificial Intelligence
Subjects and Skills Required for Data Science
In general, for getting admission in Data Science program, the following qualifications are required: –
- A bachelor’s degree from the STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) stream.
- There no requirement for any experience is coding.
- Mathematics is the main subject of Data Science program and Data Analysis, where the model is created by processing mathematical algorithms’ data.
- Statistics will help the aspirants to analyze, understand and derive the conclusion from the data.
- Explore Exploratory Data Analysis and Excel to obtain useful insights from the collection of data/information and learn from its attributes.
- A good understanding of the databases is highly attractive skill for the organization.
Data Science Study Material and Books
The top data science courses books and study material recommended by top data science professionals are mentioned below:
Think Bayes – Bayesian Statistics Made Simple
Allen B Downey
Python Data Science Handbook
Allen B Downey
Understanding Machine Learning- From Theory to Algorithms
Shai Shalev-Shwartz and Shai Ben-David
Mining of Massive Datasets
Jure Leskovec, Anand Rajaraman, Jeff Ullman
Introduction to Statistical Learning
Gareth James, Daniela Witten, Trevor Hastie, and Robert Tibshirani
The Elements of Statistical Learning
Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani, Jerome Friedman
Ian Goodfellow, Yoshua Bengio, and Aaron Courville
Bayesian Methods for Hackers
Cam Davidson – Pilon
Allen B Downey
R for Data Science
Garret Grolemund and Hadley Wickham
Data Science job profiles
There are so many job profiles or opportunities that an aspirant can get after the completion of Data Science program are given below:-
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineers
- Database Administrator
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Architect
- Business Analyst
Data and Analytics Manager
Popular Data Science Colleges in India
- Symbiosis International University
- SVKM’s NMIMS
- Lovely Professional University
- K L University
- Amity University Noida
- Sharda University
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Chandigarh University
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management