MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST(MAT)
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national level entrance test conducted to facilitate Business schools (B-schools) for screening candidates for admission to MBA and equivalent programs. MAT is administered by the All India Management Association (AIMA) since 1988, and was approved by the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India as a national level test in 2003. The validity of MAT score is for 1 year and the score is considered for admission to more than 300 B-schools across India. It is conducted 4 times a year generally on February, May, September and December.
Eligibility and Age Criteria
- Candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university
- Final year graduate students from any discipline can also apply
- There is no specific age limit and restrictions on the number of attempts for taking up the exam
Mode of Test
- Candidates can choose to appear for any ONE test i.e. Paper Based Test (PBT) or Computer Based Test (CBT) or BOTH tests i.e. PBT and CBT
- Candidates appearing for both PBT and CBT will pay an extra fees of Rs. 1100/- in addition to Rs. 1550/-
- Candidates opting for both tests will have a benefit of selecting 2 additional management institutions along with existing options of selecting 5 institutions for sending their MAT score
Exam Pattern and Duration
| Time suggested
||Data analysis and sufficiency
||Intelligence and critical reasoning
||Indian and Global environment
- A candidate scores one mark for every correct answers
- There is negative marking of ¼ marks for each wrong answer
- Maximum marks a candidate can score is 200 and the scaled score is given out of 800
Detailed description of each Section
- Language comprehension – This section aims to judge candidates based on the comprehending and reviewing skills. It includes reading the given passages and answering the questions based on it.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning – This aims to assess the candidates’ logical and analytical reasoning ability. It deals with topics like blood relations, series and sequences and visual reasoning, assertion and reasons.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency – This section judges the candidate based on the critical and analytical thinking. It includes direction sense, input/output analysis and quantitative comparisons.
- Mathematical Skills – It deals with the questions based on mathematics, arithmetic and geometry and tests the candidates’ oral calculating skills and basic concepts.
- Indian and Global Environment – It evaluates candidates based on their knowledge about domestic and international general awareness and current affairs.
Top colleges accepting MAT scores
Some of the top B-schools accepting MAT scores are listed:
| MBA College
|Galgotias Business School
|International School of Business and Media
|Jaipuria Institute of Management
|AIMS School of Business
|KIIT School of Management
|Institute of Public Enterprise
|ITM Group of Institutions
|VIT Business School