IIT JAM 2023: Schedule released | Check Details Here
IIT JAM 2023 notification regarding the registration or exam dates has been released by the authority. According to the schedule IIT JAM 2023 registration is going begin on 7th September, 2022 and the IIT JAM 2023 Exam is going to start from 12th February, 2023. For more details check the IIT JAM 2023 important Dates section.
Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test for Masters 2023 (IIT JAM) is an national level online admission test organized every year on rotational basis by the Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). This year IIT Guwahati is going to organize the IIT JAM 2023 exam to offer admission into M.Sc., M.Sc. Ph.D., and M.Sc. Ph.D. dual degree and so on.
Given below the total insights details about IIT JAM 2023 exam – important dates, exam pattern and so on.
IIT JAM 2023 Important Dates:
Applicants can go through given below IIT JAM 2023 Exam dates:-
IIIT JAM Events
Dates 2023 (Announced)
Starting of online application form
7th September 2022
Last date of online application submission
11th October 2022
Commencement of correction
Admit card release
January/ February 2023
IIT JAM 2023 exam date
12th February 2023
Release of Answer Key
February/ March 2023
Announcement of result
22nd March 2023
April to July 2023
Submission of application for admission
11th April to 25th April 2023
Latest Admission Alert
IIT JAM 2023 Admission Process:
Below is the admission process for IIT JAM 2023 Exam:
- Fill IIT JAM Application form.
- Download Admit card.
- Appear for the exam.
- Check the result.
- Fill the IIT JAM admission form for counselling
- Check the list to confirm the admission
How to apply:
The JAM 2023 Application Form is the most important item that every applicant should have ready so that they can easily apply for the test.
- Fill out the application form online and complete your registration by providing personal details etc.
- Upload your signature, a current photo, and any papers you have, such as category certificates which are necessary to complete the process.
- After registration is completed successfully, the user password and user ID will be emailed to you.
- The candidate’s cellphone number will also be used to generate the enrollment ID.
- Once you’ve submitted the application form, make sure to check the application progress.
IIT JAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must have graduated from an acknowledged board or university.
- Candidates from the general category must have obtained at least 55% in the qualifying test, while candidates from the SC/ST/PWD categories must have obtained 50%.
- There is no upper age limit for taking the IIT JAM 2023 test.
- Those who are in their last year of their degree programme are also eligible to apply, but must provide proof of completing the qualifying exams during document verification.
IIT JAM 2023: Exam Pattern
- Mode: IIT JAM exam will be conducted via online CBT (Computers based test) mode
- Language: IIT JAM 2023 exam will be conducted in English language
- Duration: you will get total 3 hours (180 minutes) for the IIT JAM 2023 paper
- Questions: IIT JAM 2023 paper consists of total 60 questions in MCQs (multiple choice), MSQs (multiple select) & NATs (numerical answer) type of questions carrying total of 100 marks.
- Sections – IIT JAM 2023 examination paper is divided in three sections namely – section A, B & C. (All the sections are compulsory to attempt).
- Some of the questions in each section be of 1 mark and some will be of 2 marks.
- Marking Scheme: there are some questions in the IIT JAM 2023 paper carrying 1 mark and 2 marks
- Negative Marking Scheme: there will be no negative marking for incorrect answer in Section B & C of IIT JAM 2023 paper and 1/3 mark will get deducted for 1 mark questions; For 2 marks questions, 2/3 mark will get deducted.
Given below the distribution of questions and marks for the IIT JAM 2023 paper:-
No. of questions
20 (Numerical answer type questions)