IIT JAM 2022 Admission Process, Important Dates & Exam Pattern
It is an all-India level online admission test held every year on a rotating basis by the Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development. IIT Roorkee will host the IIT JAM 2022 (national level exam). IIT JAM 2022 will be administered online or by computer-based testing for seven subjects that includes Chemistry, Biotechnology, Geology, Economics, Mathematical Statistics, Physics and Mathematics. A candidate may take one or both of the exam papers. JAM 2022 is open to all nations and has no age limit. JAM scores are only valid for one year. JAM scores will also be utilised for admission to postgraduate programmes at other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions including as SLIET Punjab, NITs, IIEST Shibpur, and IISERs.
IIT JAM 2022 Important Dates
Online registration begins: 25th August, 2021
Deadline to submit the Application 14th October, 2021 (Extended)
Admit Card 4th January, 2022
Mock Test Available TBA
IIT JAM 2022 Exam 13th February, 2022
Result Declaration 22nd March, 2022
Latest Admission Alert
Below is the admission process for IIT JAM 2022:
- Fill IIT JAM Application form.
- Download Admit card.
- Appear for the exam.
- Check the result.
- Fill the IIT JAM admission form for counselling
- Check the list to confirm the admission
How to apply:
The JAM 2022 Application Form is the most important item that every applicant should have ready so that they can easily apply for the test.
- Fill out the application form online and complete your registration by providing personal details etc.
- Upload your signature, a current photo, and any papers you have, such as category certificates which are necessary to complete the process.
- After registration is completed successfully, the user password and user ID will be emailed to you.
- The candidate’s cellphone number will also be used to generate the enrollment ID.
- Once you’ve submitted the application form, make sure to check the application progress.
- The candidate must have graduated from an acknowledged board or university.
- Candidates from the general category must have obtained at least 55% in the qualifying test, while candidates from the SC/ST/PWD categories must have obtained 50%.
- There is no upper age limit for taking the IIT JAM 2022 test.
- Those who are in their last year of their degree programme are also eligible to apply, but must provide proof of completing the qualifying exams during document verification.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam will be administered entirely online. The exam will last for three hours and there will be a total of 60 questions including both multiple-choice and numerical response options for the questions. The exam will be worth 100 points and negative marking will be applied solely to Section I
JAM Counselling 2022
IIT JAM 2022 counselling will begin following the announcement of the results. The exam is followed by a counselling session for candidates who pass. In July 2022, the first admittance list will be made public. The admission form will be made accessible online via the website. To participate in the counselling, candidates must fill up the IIT Jam 2022 admission form between April and May 2022.
The following original documents, together with photocopies, are required at the time of admission:
- tenth and twelfth grade mark sheets/certificates and degree of graduation.
- Certificate of caste/category/ transfer
- Photographs in passport size (2).
- Any kind of identification proof.