Distance Learning Courses – Check UG, PG and Diploma Courses List
From past so many years the demand for Distance learning courses is increasingly tremendously. Distance learning program is offered in distance, correspondence and online mode and it is also known as distance education, online learning and e-learning.
If you’re planning to pursue your higher education through distance learning in India, than you don’t need to attend classes on the regular basis and distance learning course is also suitable for those aspirants who are doing any job or cannot opt for the regular course or full time course and students who cannot get admission due to lower percentage and higher cut off, higher age, higher gap, already employed and cannot opt for the full time course or regular course.
Why choose Distance learning courses?
Distance Education Program is opted by lots of working professionals and students because it helps them to upgrade their skills to tackle the daily obstacles faced by them in their studies, workplace and many more similar phases.
As it does not include any in-person or face to face interaction with a lecturer, so you have to study by yourself at home. It is an affordable means of study for all the students around the globe therefore; it helps all the aspirants to get more access to study around the world and in different socio-economic levels.
Latest Admission Alert
Types of Distance Learning Programms Offered in India
Given below the Distance Learning Courses – Check UG, PG and Diploma Courses List:-
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Sc. Information Technology (B.Sc IT)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
- Master of Science in Information Technology(M.Sc IT)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master in Interior Design
- Master in Fashion Management & Design (MFM)
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC)
- Diploma in BPO Finance and Accounting
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables
- Diploma in Women’s Empowerment and Development
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Elementary Education
- Diploma in Watershed Management
- Diploma in Fish Products Technology
- Diploma in HIV and Family Education
- Diploma in Meat Technology
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
- Diploma in Panchayat Level Administration and Development
- Diploma in Aquaculture (for Science stream students only)
- Diploma in Paralegal Practice
- PG Diploma in Business Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
- PG Diploma in Information Technology
- PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Certificate in Business Skills
- Certificate in Arabic Language
- Certificate in French Language
- Certificate in Japanese Language
- Certificate in Persian Language
- Certificate in German Language
- Certificate in Spanish Language & Culture
- Certificate in Urdu Language
- Certificate in Russian Language
- Certificate in Disaster Management
- Certificate in Environmental Studies
- Certificate Program in NGO Management
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education
- Certificate in Health Care Waste Management
- Certificate in Tourism Studies
- Certificate in Food and Nutrition
- Certificate in Nutrition and Child Care
- Certificate in Organic Farming
- Certificate in Human Rights
- Certificate in Consumer Protection
- Certificate in Co-operation, Co-operative Law & Business Laws
- Certificate in Functional English
- Certificate in Anti Human Trafficking
- Certificate in Fashion Design
- Certificate in Communication & IT Skills
- Certificate Program in Laboratory Techniques
- Certificate in Library and Information Science
- Certificate in Community Radio
- Certificate Program in YOGA
- Certificate Program in Peace Studies and Conflict Management
- Certificate in Front Office Operation
- Certificate in Food & Beverage Service Operation
- Certificate Program In Value Education
- Certificate in House Keeping Operation
- Certificate in Phlebotomy Assistance
- Certificate in Home Health Assistance
- Certificate in Geriatric Care Assistance
- Certificate in Water Harvesting and Management
Distance Learning Courses that are banned or prohibited in India by UGC
Admission and Eligibility Criteria for admission in Distance Learning Courses
The eligibility criteria for Distance education or online learning may vary from university to university:-
- You will get admission in some universities through entrance test or through direct admission
- You must be 18 years old before giving admission or entrance examination
- You have to fill in the registration form for admission to distance learning colleges/Universities.
- You can check the official website of the college/University for complete admission procedure respectively
- You must ensure that the course or university is recognized by Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi.
Advantages of doing Distance Learning Courses
- Flexibility to choose – Distance education program is more flexible then the regular program because you can set your own time and place as per your schedule to take classes.
- Flexibility to study – Some students and working professionals face difficulty in balancing their Work, study and home life responsibilities. So, e-learning courses help them to study from wherever and whenever. You only need a good internet connection and a computer.
- Earn along with learning – Distance learning course is specially designed for the convenience of candidates who are not able to attend classes on regular basis due to their job or they might not be able to travel long distance or any other reason. You can continue your studies along with job.
- Money and time savings –Through this course you can save your money and time as you don’t have to travel and go to campus. You will get all your learning materials through online mode and most of the time the learning material cost was included in the course fee. So, you can save your money in buying books.
- Affordable and Less course fee – Distance learning programms are quite affordable in comparison to regular programms. Not all candidates can afford the high-cost fees. So this helps them and provides best study experience to those who are looking for low cost and affordable fees.
Disadvantages of doing Distance Learning Courses
Hidden costs – There is no doubt that the fees of distance programms is less than the regular programms but there is a hidden costs included in it. The cost you have to pay for installing a PC or for good internet connection. You may also need a printer, a web camera and many more expenses.
Inconvenience – As you don’t have any support to ask any doubt or query from the teachers or Lecturers who can help you to resolve the query. You have to study by yourself and keep yourself focused and motivated.
List of Top Colleges or Universities that offer Distance Courses
Day by day increasing number of top universities provides distance education opportunities.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Amity University, Distance and Online Education
- ICFAI Distance Education
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
- Mewar University Distance Learning
- KL University Distance Education
- Alagappa University Distance Education
- Anna University – Distance Education
- Andhra University – Distance Education
- Calicut University – Distance Education
Top Regular Colleges and University
- Amity University
- Sharda University
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- I.T.S Engineering College
- KIET Group of Institutions
- Dronacharya Group of Institutions
- G.L. Bajaj Institute of Technology & Management
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies
- Noida Institute of Engineering & Technology
- ABES Engineering College