IIM Ahmedabad to Conduct CAT 2021
CAT (Common Admission Test) is widely accepted and the most popular entrance exam for MBA in India. This entrance test is mainly conducted for getting admission in MBA and PGDM courses offered by MBA colleges in India and also for the Post Graduate Programms (PGP) offered by the IIM (Indian Institutes of Management). CAT is conducted by the IIMs on rotational basis.
One of the IIMs conducts CAT exam for MBA every year and selects a Convener for overseeing all aspects of the exam. Convener is the one who is responsible and see all the possibilities for managing everything.
This year IIM has appointed Prof M P Ram Mohan as a Convener for CAT 2021, he was a faculty for Business Policy and Chairperson Admissions at IIMA (IIM Ahmedabad). Since 2012, he has been the President of the Nuclear Law Association of India.
IIM Ahmedabad is the No. 1 MBA institute for MBA in India as per the NIRF 2020 MBA Rankings and IIMA is going to conduct CAT 2021 entrance exam after the 5 years of gap. Last time it was conducted in the year 2015.
The CAT 2021 exam is going to be conducted soon; may in the last week of July and the application process may begin in the 1st week of August 2021. But it may happen with some changes.
CAT 2021 Exam Structure
The CAT entrance exam comprises of MCQs & non-MCQs both from QA (Quantitative Ability), VARC (Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension), and DILR (Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning).
Check the highlights of CAT 2021 exam Structure given below:-
CAT question paper pattern and structure
QA, VARC and DILR
Total 120 minutes (40 minutes per section)
Total No. of questions (sections wise)
Total no. of Questions – 76
· QA – 26
· VARC – 26
· DILR – 24
Type of questions
MCQs and Non-MCQs
· for every correct answer you will get +3 marks
· There no negative marking for any wrong non-MCQ answer
· Negative marking of 1/3 (-1) for every wrong answer
Latest Admission Alert
Institute of Management Studies (IMS), Ghaziabad is one of the Top 10 B-Schools in North India. Application invited for PGDM | Ph.D.
ASIA-PACIFIC INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, NEW DELHI
The institute is one of the top private B- Schools in Delhi-NCR. | Applications Closing soon
CAT 2021 Registration
The application forms for CAT 2021 exam will be available on the official website – IIMCAT.
- Firstly go to the official website and Log in to the CAT 2021 official website
- After that create your user ID by entering your details like – name, date of birth, valid email ID and a valid mobile number
- Now click on the ‘Generate OTP’ tab
- An OTP will be sent on your registered Phone number
- Verify through entering the OTP and login again
- After that enter all the required details information like – personal details, academic details, and work experience
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature
- Now pay CAT 2021 Registration through debit/credit card or net banking
CAT 2021 Application Fee
- For General Category Candidates is Rs. 2,000/-
- For SC/ST/PWD (persons with disabilities) Category Candidates is Rs. 1,000/-