GATE 2022: Notification, Application Form, Pattern and Exam Dates
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level engineering entrance exam. Seven IIT’s and IISc, Bangalore jointly conducts this exam every year. IIT Bombay has officially announced that GATE 2022 entrance exam process is successfully completed and the responsibility to conduct GATE 2022 exam has been given to IIT Kharagpur.
The official notice by the IIT Kharagpur is most likely to be released in the month of July this year i.e. in 2021 and the online registration begins in the first or second week of September, 2021. Through GATE 2022 entrance examination you will get admission in M.Tech. program in various private and government institutes in India.
In this, I have mentioned total insights and details about GATE 2022 including important dates, exam pattern, syllabus and so on.
GATE 2022 Important Dates
You can check below GATE 2022 Important dates:-
Online registration begins on
2nd week of September 2021
Last date for application form submission
Last week of September 2021
Last date for application form submission with late fee payment
1st week of October 2021
Last date to make changes in the paper, category, and exam center by paying an additional fee
2nd week of November 2021
Availability of admit card
1st-2nd week of January 2022
1st-2nd week of February 2022
Announcement of Answer key
3rd week of February 2022
Announcement of Result
3rd to 4th week of March 2022
Availability of scorecard
Last week of March 2022
Counseling Begins on
In the month of April 2022
Latest Admission Alert
GATE 2022 Application Form
Candidates must check complete details about GATE 2022 application form from below:
- Candidates can fill the application form through GOAPs portal online.
- You can apply for GATE 2022 exam from the second week of September 2021.
- Firstly you should go through instructions provided for application and the fill all required details carefully in the application form
- Authority will provide the correction facility to all the candidates till second week of November 2022 in the paper, category, and exam center by paying an additional fee.
- GATE 2022 is consisting of total 27 papers; you can appear for one or two papers.
- Even if you are appearing for two papers, fill in only one application form or else your application forms would get rejected.
- After the completion of the form you must take printout of completed application form and keep it safe for future.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
For Exam Centers in India
All other candidates
SC/ST/PWD category candidates
For Exam Centers outside India
Exam Centers (All Candidates)
Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu
Dubai and Singapore
How to pay GATE 2022 Application Fee?
- You can pay online application fee via debit card/ credit card/wallet/ net banking.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
Check below details about GATE 2022 entrance exam pattern:-
- Mode: Examination will be conducted in online CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Questions: MCQs or multiple type questions and the remaining questions in the exam include multiple select questions (MSQ) and/ or numerical answer type (NAT) questions
- Time Duration: you will be given 3 hours duration to complete the exam.
- Number of Questions: There are total numbers of 65 questions in the paper consist of 10 questions in GA section and 55 questions in your choosen subject.
- Negative Marking:
- For every 1 mark MCQs 1/3 marks will be deducted
- For every 2 mark MCQs 2/3 marks will be deducted
- No negative marking for MSQ & NAT sections in the paper