Delhi University Admission 2021: Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Dates and Eligibility
The registration procedure for Delhi University admissions will start from 15th July 2021. The procedures of Delhi University admission will originate with the release of the DU application form 2021, in online mode. The students who are willing to fill up the applications form for DU admissions 2021 at du.ac.in from July 15, 2021. So, stay tuned that the undergraduate admission at Delhi University takes place through DU UG admission portal for merit based courses, while 12 courses are provides through the entrance exam. Delhi University 2021 admissions are usual to be carried out by 8-9 DU cut off rounds. Delhi University admission 2021 will be held by the varsity for enrolling eligible students at 69,554 seats, out of which 3291 will be for ECA+Sports category admissions. To stay efficient about everything connected with DU 2021 admissions, keep referring this article and the details mentioned added.
DU Admission 2021 - Highlights
Name of the University
University of Delhi
Mode of Admission
Merit and Entrance Based
Number of Seats
B.A, B.Com and B.Sc Home Science etc
Admission conducting authority
Number of Colleges
Total 91 (64 for merit based admissions)
Who can apply
Gen/OBC/SC/ST, Persons with Disabilities (PWD), Kashmiri Migrant (KM), Armed Forces (CW), Nominated Sikkimese Students and Ward Quota, Minority college applicants, Sports/Extracurricular activities (ECA) categories, women applicants from Delhi seeking admission in Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB)
Total DU registrations 2020
Total DU Paid Registrations 2020
Total DU registrations 2019
Total DU Paid Registrations 2019
Latest Admission Alert
Delhi University Admission Dates 2021
In the given table students can check Delhi University exam dates:
For UG courses (Based on Entrance Exam – DUET):
|Starting of application||May 2021|
|Last date to submit applications||In the month of June 2021|
|Availability of admit card||June 2021|
|Exam date||1st and 2nd week of June 2021|
|Declaration of result||June/ July 2021|
|Starting of admission||July 2021|
For UG courses (Based on Merit list):
|Registration starts from||May 2021|
|Last date for registration||June 2021|
|First merit list released on||June/ July 2021|
|Document verification||July 2021|
|Release of 2nd cut off||July/ August 2021|
|Document verification||July/ August 2021|
|Starting of admission||July/ August 2021|
For PG Courses (Based on Entrance Test):
|Starting of application form||May 2021|
|Last date to submit applications||June 2021|
|Availability of admit card||June/ July 2021|
|Exam date||June/ July 2021|
|Declaration of result||July 2021|
|Group discussion/ interview||2nd week of July 2021|
|1st allotment list release date||3rd week of July 2021|
|Document verification||Last week of July 2021|
|Commencement of classes||Month of August 2021|
DU Admission Process 2021
DU Undergraduate (UG) Application Process 2021:-
Here is the step by step points of the admission process that students can follow to get admission in Delhi University:-
- Register on the official website of School of Open Learning, Delhi University (SOL DU)
- Log in and fill in all the required details.
- Upload all the necessary documents and then click on submit tab.
- Pay the registration fees online and then save the final Application form.
- Print fee receipt and ID Card.
- Visit to the selected SOL centre and verify your entire document.
DU Postgraduate (PG) Application Process 2021:-
The students can get the SOL DU Application form 2021 for Postgraduate course from the – Main Center at North Delhi Campus or from the South Study Center at South Moti Bagh, New Delhi. You have to pay application fee of INR 500 and INR 250 for SC/ST/PH – in the form of Demand Draft (DD) in the favor of ‘The Executive Director, School of Open Learning, and University of Delhi’
Then fill the DU SOL application form 2021 for PG courses and accept it to the center along with the necessary documents given below:-
- The Filled SOL DU Application form 2021.
- The Bank draft with the admission confirmation fee.
- The Passport size photographs (recent photo).
- The Photocopy of Class 10th & 12th marks sheet.
- The Photocopy of graduation marks sheet (all years).
- The Original Provisional Certificate of Graduation for current year students (other students will have to submit the photocopy of degree certificate).
- The Migration Certificate (original).
- The Photocopy of Reserve Category Certificates of the candidate only.
- The Original Income Certificate (BPL Ration Card).
- The Disability certificate (if required or applicable)
DU Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
Delhi University releases eligibility conditions for various courses offered across the participating colleges to filter the students. We bring here DU eligibility criteria 2021 for some of the most popular courses offered at the undergraduate level as per the departments and the faculties under which they are offered. Check out the tables to check DU 2021 eligibility criteria for UG courses.
- University of Delhi PG/ MBA Eligibility Criteria – The students must have completed their graduation from any of the recognized and well-known university with any stream or equivalent.
- University of Delhi UG Eligibility Criteria – The students must have passed or completed their class 10th and 12th from any of the recognized and well-known board.
DU Admission 2021 Syllabus
The Delhi University (DU) syllabus will be released by the authorities through online mode on the official website. The syllabus of the courses is different as per the courses. For UG courses syllabus will be based on the 11th and 12th class. For Post Graduate courses syllabus will be arranged on the basis graduation level.
DU Exam Pattern 2021
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be conducted by online (CBT) mode.
- Question type: The multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- Language: Examination will be conducted in Hindi and English language.
- Duration: Total 2 hours will be given to the students to solve the question paper.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer four marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
DU Exam Preparation Tips
- To make a proper time table and follow it on daily.
- The students must go through exam pattern and syllabus then arrange accordingly.
- Select the finest book or study materials of the best authors.
- Then clear your basic concept of the topics and make short notes.
- Then solve previous year question papers and mock tests.
- Last but not least stay healthy and take care of your health.