INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [IIMB], BANGALORE
V.L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra, Indore, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Bangalore, Shirpur & Hyderabad.
Approved By: AICTE Type: Public
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore or IIM Bangalore was established in 1973 by the government of India. IIM Bangalore is located at Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, India. The college is accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS). IIM Bangalore has been ranking 1 Business School in Central Asia region in 2018 for the tenth consecutive year in 2018 and has secured 2nd position by ‘National Institutional Ranking Framework’ (NIRF) rankings in the list of top management colleges. The college was awarded ‘Asia Pacific HRM Congress Awards 2017’ for having an innovative HR Practices and has also won Rajbhasha Award for the year 2016-17.
|Also Known As||IIMB|
|Popular Courses||MBA/PGDM , Executive MBA/PGDM|
5 courses across 2 streams
Courses & Fees Offered
This college offers 5 courses in 2 streams and 2 specializations
Post Graduate Program in Management
Fees – INR 18.70 L |Full Time|2 years
Post Graduate Program in Public Policy and Management
Fees – INR 16.50 L |Full Time|1 years
Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management
Fees – INR 18.82 L |Part Time|2 years
Fees – INR 21.70 L |Full Time|1 years
Fellow Programme in Management
Full Time|2 years
Latest Admission Alert
IIM Bangalore Admission Process 2021
IIM Bangalore admission 2020 is based on the scores obtained by students in national-level entrance exams. Admission to the flagship course (PGP or MBA) of IIMB is based on a valid score in CAT exam followed by a PI-WAT round. The shortlisting criteria for its PGP programme has been changed for admission 2020 as the institute reduced its CAT cutoff score by 5 percentile for the first stage shortlisting (for each category).
- PGP programme offers admission to both domestic and international students
- International students seeking admission to PGP must have a valid GMAT score
- For EPGP, candidates must have a valid score in GMAT
IIM Bangalore offers PGP and PGPBA programmes at PG level. Admission to these programmes is offered through a valid score in CAT exam (GMAT for international candidates). Shortlisted candidates need to attend a WAT and PI round, and provide two letters of references from people who know them closely in terms of their academic/professional performance. Eligibility criteria for both of these programmes is mentioned below:
Post Graduate Programme in Management (MBA) Two-year full-time programme
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% (for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, there is a relaxation to 45%)
Post Graduate Programme in Business Analytics (MBA Business Analytics)
Graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50%
IIM Bangalore also offers a two-year weekend course PGPEM and a one-year full-time regular course Executive program in management (EPGP).
- For admission to PGPEM, shortlisting is done for the personal interview based on their performance in CAT/GMAT/GRE/IIMB Test, prior academic performance and duration of work experience. Shortlisted candidate will be called for WAT and PI
- For admission to EPGP, candidates need to have a valid score in GMAT or GRE along with a Statement of Purpose (SOP) that enables them to highlight their future goals and achievements
Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management (MBA)
– Bachelor’s degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% in any discipline
– Minimum 4 years of work experience after the Bachelor’s degree
Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) One-year full-time programme
– Graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50% (there is a 5% relaxation for SC, ST and PwD category candidates
– Minimum 5 years (and preferably less than 12 years) of work experience as on March 31 of the academic year of admission
– A valid score in GMAT or GRE
In addition to all the aforementioned courses, IIM Bangalore also offers a Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM). Selection of this course is based on academics/ experience/ performance in CAT/GMAT/GRE/IIMB test and interview.
Graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50% with a minimum of 5 years of work experience preferably in a Public Policy domain as on March 31 of the year of admission
For IIM Bangalore application process 2020, candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Fill the online application form at the official website
- Create a login ID and password for the online application form
- Enter personal details, educational & work experience details along with GATE/CAT/GMAT/GRE/NET score
- Upload all the relevant documents
- References need to be submitted online by the referees directly (candidates need to inform their referees accordingly when approaching them for references)
- Pay the application fee online at the ‘Make Payment’ tab
Application form fee for various courses at IIM Bangalore is tabulated below:
Application Fee (In Rs)
PhD, PGPEM, PGPPM
EPGP (First phase of selection)
EPGP (Second phase of selection)
PhD (one programme)
PhD (two programme)
- Marksheets of Class 10, 12 & bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Admission test scorecard (GRE/GMAT/JRF/GATE)
- Statement of Purpose (for EPGP programme)
- Two reference letters (Employer and professor of last studied institution)
- Work experience letters / Payslips (first & last) indicating the date of joining
- SC/ST/NC-OBC/EWS Certificate
- Person with disability (PwD) certificate
The final and lateral placement session for the year 2019 wrapped up with 100% placement record within 2 days wherein, 411 students got 488 offers from several reputed companies. IIM Bangalore has a distinguished Training & Placement Cell deals in all kinds of internships programmes, seminars, and workshops related to the preparatory sessions or drills for the placement assistance of the students.
During the placements, offers were provided by popular domains such as consulting, marketing, banks & finance sector, general management, product management, supply chain management, and human resource management. Some of the primary companies that visited IIM Bangalore include EXL, Boston Consulting Group, Deloitte, and Amazon.
IIM Bangalore Placement Highlights 2019
PGP Batch Size
Average CTC offered
Median CTC offered
No. of total student in batch
No. of students eligible for placements
No. of students got placed
- The top recruiter was Accenture with 31 offers followed by Deloitte with 25 offers
- 161 offers were made from the consulting firm
1. Top Consulting firms (offers given – 161)
The Boston Consulting Group
Bain & Company
McKinsey & Co.
Ernst & Young
Infosys Management Consulting
Larsen and Toubro Infotech Consulting
2. Top Finance firms (offers given – 54)
Other Investment firms included Avendus, Matrix Partners, Axis Capital, Allegro Capital, Arpwood Capital, Tata Asset Management and True North.
Summer placement at IIM Bangalore for the session 2019-2021 has completed successfully with 437 students getting internship offers. Consulting became the highest recruiting sector followed by BFSI and E-Commerce. The process saw participation from leading recruiters across various domains and industries.
Internships were offered in the profiles such as Business Analytics, Consulting, E-Commerce, Finance, General Management, IT/Product Management, Operations, Retail and Sales and Marketing. Nearly 35% of the total number of offers for consulting roles were offered by the MBB firms. Offers for summer internship opportunities in the E-commerce sector saw a decline of over 50%.
IIM Bangalore Summer Placement Highlights 2019
Total Students Placed
Summer placements at IIM Bangalore took place across a number of sectors. Mentioned below is a table mentioning the number of offers given by each sector:
No. of Offers
Sales & Marketing
IT and Product Management
IIM Bangalore – Indian Institute of Management Scholarships and Funding
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore offers/ participate in various scholarship to the PGP students:
1. Aditya Birla Scholarship – This merit-based scholarship of INR 1.75 lakh per student is given to PGP students of both the first and the second years.
2. OPJEMS Scholarship – This merit-based scholarship of INR 1.50 lakh is given by the OP Jindal Group to one student of each academic year.
3. Societe Generale Global Solution Centre India Scholarship – This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
4. IIMB PGP Alumni First Batch (1976) Scholarship – This scholarship is for differently-abled women students. The scholarship aims to assist a differently-abled person (female) or a differently-abled person (male) if there is no female candidate. The scholarship carries a purse of INR 50,000, a medallion and a certificate.
Institute provides financial assistance to all PGP students with annual household income below INR 4,50,000. Other students with severe financial difficulties arising from sudden unforeseen circumstances are also considered.
Cut-Offs for Last Round
|CAT (General Category)|
|Section||2017Cut-off by %ile||2018Cut-off by %ile||2019Cut-off by %ile|
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management
Get details of Similar Colleges
NMIMS School of Business Management
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
Jamia Millia Islamia
DMS IIT Delhi