Indian Institute of Foreign Trade - IIFT Kolkata
1583, Chowbaga Canal Side Rd, Madurdaha, Chowbaga, Kolkata, West Bengal 700100
Approved By: NAAC Type: Private
If you are interested in this college
IIFT Kolkata Distance MBA Overview
On one hand the international marketing Development & the substantial impact of the same on India’s domestic marketplace on the other, call for a professional approach and sensitivity to international business environment is the need of the hour. The MBA is a foundational course for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country’s growing requirements for training personnel in the field of international management. MBA is a six trimester general management programme with a focus on international business. The programme aims at providing a comprehensive coverage incorporating all the important areas and disciplines relevant to international business activities. The syllabi for MBA compares favourably with the syllabi of some of the world’s best International Business Schools. With the introduction of weekend MBA programme, IIFT added a new dimension to its role in the field of professional education by making available to working executives the Institute’s well established MBA programme in the weekends. This programme is a replica of the day programme in term of course contents. Located in Madurdaha Area behind Ruby General Hospital, overlooking green ridge, the IIFT Campus at Kolkata is considered to be one of the finest in the eastern part of the Country. The campus spread over 7 acres of land houses one academic block and admin block each and two residential blocks for students and visiting faculty. Be it the mystic beauty of the architectural design, or the splendour of the campus in full bloom in winter, it never fails to impress the visitors. The campus itself is a very picturesque with artistically designed buildings and well‐maintained plush gardens and water bodies. The facilities available on the campus include, fully air‐ conditioned lecture halls with modern audio‐visual aids, conference halls for round‐table conferences, an auditorium of 500 seating capacity besides excellent residential facilities for the students.
IIFT Kolkata Distance MBA Programs and Specializations
IIFT Kolkata offers various academic programs in Kolkata such as:
- MBA in International Business (Full time/ Weekend)
- Executive Programs (on-campus/ Hybrid/ off Campus)
- MA (Economics)
- Certificate Programs in CPEM/CPCFM/CPGTLO
- Doctoral Programs
- Corporate Training
- Foundation Training Program (ITS)
IIFT offers the best distance Courses in India such as:
- The certificate program in export-import Management (hybrid)
- PG Certificate in International Business and Finance
- Executive Development Program in Strategies for International Business
- Executive Development Program in Global Supply Chain Management
Distance MBA Program offered by IIFT: MBA in International Business (Tanzania) with course duration 2 years.
IIFT Kolkata Distance MBA Admission Procedure
The candidates can enroll for distance MBA program through online mode. The registration cum application process of IIFT normally starts from September and the last date to fill the application form till October. The IIFT application process was completely online. Here is the complete information about the application form of IIFT.
1. Candidates first need to do a primary registration by filling in the personal details, contact number, email id, and password.
2. In the second step, candidates need to fill in the academic and personal details.
3. The third step is the payment of application fee i.e. Rs. 1650 for General and OBC Category candidates and Rs. 825 for SC, ST, and PWD category candidates. The application fee can be paid via net banking, credit card, debit card, and DD. The application fee for foreign nationals and NRIs is Rs. 5500.
4. In the fourth and final step of the IIFT application form, candidates need to upload the scanned copy of their photograph (size: not more than 50KB) and signature (size: not more than 20KB) in JPEG/JPG format.
5. Make sure that contact number(s) and email id are entered correctly as all communication related to the exam will be sent to those only.
IIFT Kolkata Distance MBA/PGDM Fee Structure
Distance MBA at a low cost in India. The fee structure of the University Distance MBA is as follows:
|General/OBC Category||Rs.7,60,000/- p.a.|
|Foreign National /NRI/Children of NRI||US$ 27,500 p.a.|
|Other charges (library, computer, alumni)||Rs. 50,000/- for the whole course|
IIFT Kolkata Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for the exam must check the IIFT eligibility criteria first. Because according to the eligibility criteria the candidates can verify their eligibility whether to apply or not. Here are the complete eligibility criteria for IIFT exam for this year.
1. General category candidates with a minimum 3-year graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognised university/institute/college are eligible to apply.
2. SC, ST and PWD category candidates with minimum 45% marks in graduation are eligible to apply.
3. Final year graduation students can also apply. However, they would need to submit the proof of requisite qualification by second week of October.
4. Foreign nationals and NRIs can apply for IIFT entrance exam with a valid GMAT score.
5. Candidates of any age can apply for IIFT entrance exam.
Note: The eligibility criteria remains more or less same every year.
IIFT Kolkata Distance MBA Review & Ranking
IIFT is ranked among the top 10 colleges for MBA in India. The placements at IIFT for both summers as well as finals are a subject of envy for other B-schools. The average figures in both the placements are at par with other B-schools that come in top 10 in India. IIFT Kolkata provides the unique opportunity to pursue academics and a large number of other activities. From Model United Nations to Vivaan Business Summit, different aspects were covered in a most comprehensive manner. The faculty in IIFT is very knowledgeable although the length of the classes is a bit odd. It is among the largest for any B-school. Apart from academics, you get a chance to participate in a lot of corporate competitors in IIFT, even the weekend or distance mode students can participate in this. The course curriculum has been designed taking into account the current market trends. Experienced faculty with huge industry experience and numerous publications in international papers guides us to do better in academics. Many of the competitions include only top 8-10 b-schools in the country and IIFT finds a place in almost all these top competitions. Placements have improved significantly over the past couple of years and IIFT is slowly regaining its highest glory.