MHT CET (MAHARASHTRA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST)
Registrations: Third Week of January
MHT CET Overview
What is MHT CET Exam?
MHT CET is known as Maharashtra Common Entrance Test and it is a state-level exam. Aspirants who wish to get admission in courses like B. Pharm, BE, B. Tech, and other courses then go with this exam. The conducting authorities will also offer admission opportunities to deserving applicants in multiple courses in top colleges of Maharashtra. It is very important applicants must have met the eligibility criteria which is set by the official authorities to appear in the MHT CET exam.
Applicants can get the complete information about the exam such as tentative dates, application fee, application form, exam pattern, cut off, syllabus of the exam, admit card, merit list, counseling process, etc from the below information of the page.
MHT CET Exam Highlights
Name of the Exam
Full form of MCHCET
Maharashtra common entrance Test
Level of the Exam
Government of Maharastra
Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria to fill the Application Form:-
MCH CET entrance exam eligibility criteria may vary from course to course. MCH CET divided eleigibility criteria into five sections:
Applicants who are domicile of Maharashtra/ born in Maharashtra and have completed their 10 and 12/ Diploma/ B. Sc exam
Applicants whose parents are domicile of Maharashtra
Applicants whose father or mother or both are working as central government employee in Maharashtra
Applicants whose either father or mother or both are retired employee of Maharashtra
Applicants who are passing 10 and 12 from recognized university of Maharashtra Karnataka border area/ belong from Maharashtra
- For B.Pharm:Candidates must have passed the intermediate exam with Physics, Mathematics/ Biology, and Chemistry with at least 50% marks (45% marks will be required for SC/ PWD/ ST candidates).
- For BE/ B.Tech course:Must have intermediate or equivalent exam from the recognized board with Mathematics, Physics, Mathematics and any one of Technical/ Biotechnology/ Biology Chemistry or Vocational courses with at least 50% marks.
- For Pharm.D course:Applicants who have passed the intermediate exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology, Physics, and Chemistry are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Applicants who have a Diploma in Pharmacy from institutes that are affiliated to State Board with 50% can apply too.
- For lateral entry in BE/ B.Tech: Applicants with a pass in diploma in their relevant branch of engineering or have B.Sc degree in Mathematics at 12th level are also eligible.
Latest Admission Alert
MHT CET Important Dates
|Starting of online registration||June|
|Last date to apply||July|
|Re-starting of online registration||August|
|Release of Hall Ticket||August|
|MAH CET Exam||August|
|Declaration of result||September|
|Beginning of counselling||September|
MHT CET Application Form
Candidates who want to fill the application form for MCH CET then can visit the official website. Follow the below steps to successfully fill your application form:
- First applicants need to register themselves by just enter some personal and contact details.
- After this, they need to fill in their educational details
- Upload the required format of scanned photograph and signature
- Fill the application fee and submit your form
MHT CET Application Fee:
- The application fee will be Rupees 600 for ST/ SC/ OBC/ NT (C), NT (B), NT (A)/ DT/ VJ/ SBC and PWD
- For unreserved category candidates, the application fee will be Rupees 800
MHT CET Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Exam Pattern of MCH CET
- The exam will be held on through online mode
- The exam paper will consist of 3 papers i.e. Paper- 1, Paper- 2, Paper- 3. Where Paper 1 consists Chemistry and Physics, Paper 2 consist Botany and Zoology, Paper 3 consist Mathematics
- There are multiple-choice questions available in the question paper
- There is no negative marking in the question paper
Syllabus OF MCH CET
The syllabus will include intermediate-level Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry. Applications must know that 20% of questions will be from standard 11th and the remaining 80% of questions will be from intermediate. Make sure applicants must have good command over all these subjects.
MHT CET Exam Center
Candidates can check the listed below exam centers:
Thane, Palghar, Mumbai Sub Urban, Raigad
Solapur, Satara, Sangli, Kilhapur, Pune,
Ratnagiri, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Sindhudurg,
Nandurbar, Nashik, Aurangabad, Nandurbar,
Beed, Osmanabad, Nanded, Jalna,
Latur, Hingoli, Parbhani, Nanded,
Washim, Buldhana, Akola, Amravati, Tavatmal
Gondia, Wardha, Nagpur, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Bhandara
MHT CET Exam Result
- The authority will publish its MCH CET result on the official website
- Applicants can see their result in June
- The merit list will be prepared separately for every course once the result declare
MHT CET Exam Counselling Process
Once the result will be declared then applicants will be shortlisted on the behalf of their merit list based on their exam performance. Applicants will be called for the counseling process as per their given counseling schedule. Applicants need to take given below documents at the time of counseling:
- Domicile Certificate
- MCH CET scorecard and admit card
- 10 and 12 marks sheet certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate
- Other required documents
MCH CET Exam Cut Off
The MCH CET cut-off will be published by the CET Maharashtra. The cut off will decide on the below factors:
- Total number of available seats
- Total number of applicants
- Previous year cut off trends
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Courses in which you want to get admission
MHT CET Exam FAQs
Ques. Is there any negative marking in the MCH CET exam?
Ans:- No, no mark will be deducted for a wrong answer
Ques. What is the time duration of the exam?
Ans:- Biology (Zoology and Botany)- 1 hour 30 minutes
Physics and Chemistry- 1 hour 30 minutes
Mathematics- 1 hour 30 minutes
Ques. If you want to apply for a pharmacy course then in which subject you need to take up the exam?
Ans:- It is important for the candidate that they must have to appear Biology or chemistry, Physics
Ques. What will be the mode of exam?
Ans:- It is an online computer-based exam.
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
SRM IST Application Open