KCET (KARNATAKA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST)
Registrations: Last week of December
What is KCET Exam?
KCET is known as Karnataka Common Entrance Test which helps to provide admission to the candidates who are in UG programs in various courses such as Agriculture Medical, Pharmacy, Engineering, Pharmacy courses to the top colleges of Karnataka. If any candidate wants to apply for KCET Karnataka Application form then must know the Notification, exam date, and eligibility criteria of the exam.
KCET Exam Highlights
Name of the exam
KCET( Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority)
Level of the exam
State level exam
Mode of the exam
Offline based on OMR pattern
Section of the exam
Mathematics, Boilogy, Chemistry, Physics
Number of questions in the exam
Types of questions in the question paper
Multiple choice questions
Duration of the exam
1 hour 20 minutes
Eligibility of the exam
Intermediate with different subjects
KCET Eligibility Criteria
- For B. Tech or B. E., aspirants must have to complete their higher secondary or PUC at least 45% for general category candidates and 40% for ST/ SC category candidates in subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- Candidates from BUMS, BHMS, BDS, candidates must have to follow higher secondary or PUC at least 50% for general category candidates and 40% for ST/ SC categories in subjects like Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
- For B. Pharm aspirants must have to complete higher secondary or PUC at least 45% and for 40% for those who belong to ST/ SC categories in Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
- B.V. Sc and A. H, aspirants must have to complete higher secondary or PUC with at least 50% marks and 40% for ST/ SC categories in Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
- For B. Arc course aspirants must have to secure 50% marks and 40% marks for ST/ SC categories.
- Agriculture aspirants must have to complete higher secondary or PUC with subjects in Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Latest Admission Alert
KIET GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS (KIET),GHAZIABAD
India’s Leading Research & Innovation Driven Pvt. University. Application invited for UG | PG | Ph.D.
KCET Important Dates
Notification will be come in
Application form will start from
Re-opened date of application form
Last date for online submission of application form
Will be in May
Last date to submit application fee
Application form correction date
Exam will be held in
For Mathematics and Biology (July)
For physics and chemistry ( July)
Result declaration date
To be notified
Counselling process date
To be announced soon
- The application form for the year of will be released through the online mode on the official website. Aspirants who meet the eligibility criteria then can fill the application form.
- Aspirants can fill their application form by just providing the educational and personal details
- They also need to upload their photograph and signature
- Once the application form completed then applicants need to submit the application fee
KCET Application Fee:
- The application fee for general or OBS categories will INR 500
- For the ST/ SC/ Female candidates the application fee will be Rupees 250
The KCET question paper is based on the intermediate. Aspirants must have deep knowledge of Mathematics, Chemistry, and physics.
- The behavior of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory
- Laws of Motion
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Physical World and Measurement
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Oscillations and Waves
Syllabus of Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry –Basic Principles & Techniques
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Classification of Elements
- Periodicity in Properties
- Structure of Atom
- Chemical Bonding
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- S-Block Elements
- Redox Reactions
- Environmental Chemistry
- Some p-Block Elements
Syllabus of Mathematics
- Analytical Geometry
KCET Cut Off
Aspirants must have to note the minimum score of qualifying for the exam to be eligible for the KCET counseling process. The closing ranks in the 2020 KCET exam for participating colleges are as follows:
- SKSJT Institute of Engineering, Bangalore- closing rank for CS engineering was 48899
- BMS college of engineering Basavangudi, Bangalore- closing rank for Electrical engineering was 36187
- Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology- Closing rank for Electronics and telecommunication engineering was 56382
- Dayananda Sagar College of engineering- Closing rank for Aeronautical engineering was 19941
- PES University- Closing rank for Civil engineering was 36302
- Dissaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur- closing rank for civil engineering was 30446
- JSS Science & technology, Mysore- Closing rank for EE Engineering was 28213
- Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology- Closing rank for CS Engineering was 42736
KCET Test Centres
The list of exam centers will be released on KCET official website only. There are 53 exam centers and 29 districts of Karnataka. Aspirants must have to fill the exam centers as per their preference at the time of filling the application form.
Top colleges Accepting KCET score
Aspirants can go with the below-participating colleges as per their preference:
- P.E.S Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- B.M.S College of Engineering, Bangalore (Bull temple)
- Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
- N. S Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- V. M. College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli
- M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
KCET Exam FAQs
Ques. What is the total number of marks for the KCET Exam?
Ans:- The total number of marks for the KCET exam will be 180 where each section is 60 marks.
Ques. In which mode the KCET exam will be conducted?
Ans:-The exam will be conducted through offline mode where students need to take pen paper.
Ques. How to see the answer key of KCET exam?
Ans:-Aspirants can check the answer key from the official website.
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
SRM IST Application Open