Registrations: Third Week of May
Karnataka PGCET Overview
What is Karnataka PGCET Exam?
Karnataka Examination Authority conducts exams every year to take admission into the M. Tech program. The authority released the application form for the Karnataka PGCET in the last week of May. Along with the Karnataka PGCET, the exam will also offer admission to the aspirants through the GATE score. It is a state-level entrance exam and offers admission in various programs like MTech/ ME/ MCA/ MBA/ March Programmes
Karnataka PGCET Exam Highlights
Full form of Karnataka PGCET
Karnataka PKarnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Testost Graduate Common Entrance Test
Authority of the exam
KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority)
Level of the exam
Category of the Exam
Post Graduate Exam
Mode of the exam
Course offered by the exam
MCA/ MBA/ March/ M Tech
Language of the exam
Duration of the exam
Official website of the exam
Helpline number Karnataka PGCET
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility Criteria
General Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality :- Candidates must be under the citizen of India.
- Domicile:- Candidates of Karnataka must have the domicile certificate of Karnataka to secure their reservation.
- Other state candidates :- Candidates who are out from Karnataka can also go with the exam but these candidates will not eligible for the reservation.
For MTech/ March/ ME Course Admission Eligibility Criteria:-
- For the MTech application form, candidates must have at least M. Sc or B. Tech or any equivalent degree from the recognized university.
- They must have at least 50% marks and 45% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates.
- Students can also apply the application form through a national level score or a valid scorecard of the GATE exam.
For MCA Course Admission Eligibility Criteria:-
- Educational Qualification:- Aspirants must have undergraduate degree in computer/ statistics/ mathematics
- Qualifying Marks:- Aspirants must have at least 50% marks in the graduation and for the reserved category candidates, the percentage criteria will be 45%.
- Subjects:- Students must complete their graduation degree with Computer Application, Mathematics, Computer programming, Computer science, Business Statistics, and Business Mathematics.
For MBA Course Admission Eligibility Criteria:-
- Educational Qualification:-Aspirants must have at least three years’ bachelor’s degree from the recognized university.
- Qualifying Marks:- In the qualifying exam, students must have at least 50% marks or 45 percent for reserved category candidates.
Latest Admission Alert
Karnataka PGCET Important Dates
Starting dates of application form
Third week of May
Closing date of registration
First week of June
Hall Ticket releasing date
Fourth week of June
Exam Date of Karnataka PGCET
First week of July
Release date of answer key
Second week of July
Result declaration of date
Third week of July
Counselling starts from
First week of September
Karnataka PGCET Registration
- Aspirants need to follow some below steps to apply Karnataka PGCET application form:
- Karnataka PGCET application form released on the third week of May.
- Students can fill the application form from the first week of June.
- Aspirants need to enter their personal information such as name, address, DOB, course for which they want to apply, and other required information.
- Students need to upload their photographs, thumb impression, and signature.
- Make sure there is no correction will be allowed once the application form is completed.
- Aspirants who already fill their GATE application form then they don’t need to appear for this test.
- Once the application form is completed then students need to print their application form and enter their payment proof.
Karnataka PGCET Application Fee:
- The application fee for general category candidates will be Rupees 650.
- For reserved category candidates, the application fee will be Rupees 500.
Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Exam Pattern of Karnataka PGCET Exam:-
Mode of Exam
The test will be held through offline mode
Duration of the Exam
Two hours and 30 minutes
Types of questions
Multiple choice questions
No negative marking
Syllabus of Karnataka PGCET:-
It is very important to know about the Karnataka PGCET syllabus for various courses like MBA, MCA, MTech, etc.
Syllabus of MTech/ March/ ME:-
As per the candidate’s interest, it is very important to know the syllabus. From the technical syllabus, there are 60 questions available in the paper, and the remaining questions available from Arithmetic & Quantitative Aptitude, English, and Reasoning.
Syllabus of MBA:-
The syllabus of the MBA paper for the entrance test exam will consist of some questions from Vocabulary and Literature and English Grammar. Apart from this, the remaining questions come from General knowledge, General Intelligence, Quantitative analysis, etc.
Syllabus of MCA:=
The syllabus for the MCA paper will consist of Computer Awareness, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, General English, and Mathematics.
Karnataka PGCET Cut Off
Karnataka Result will be available in the month of July . The Cut off for various courses will be available in August. Previous Year Cut off for different courses can be find here:
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Cut off:-
M.Tech CUTOFF RANK OF PGCET-2020
M.B.A CUTOFF RANK OF PGCET-2020
Karnataka PGCET Exam Test Centres and Cities
Exam Center for Karnataka PGCET exam is given below:-
College Accepting Karnataka PGCET score
- SJB Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Basaveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot
- University of Mysore, Mysuru
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
- RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad
- Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore
- PES College of Engineering, Mandya
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Reva Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore
Karnataka PGCET Exam FAQs
Ques. How a candidate can fill their application form?
Ans:- Candidates go to the official website of Karnataka PGCET and can fill their application form.
Ques. Are other state candidates eligible to apply for the exam?
Ans:- Yes, any candidate from any state can fill Karnataka PGCET application form.
Ques. Is there any negative marking for the wrong answer?
Ans:- No, there are no marks that will be cut for the wrong answer.
Ques. Can I retrieve the password if I forget?
Ans:- Yes, any candidate can retrieve their password by just click on the forgot password option.
Ques. Ques. What is the counseling process of the exam?
Ans:- The counseling process will be started from the first week of September through online mode. The documents required for the counseling process are as follows:
- High school class certificate
- Intermediate class certificate
- Marks card of the qualifying exam
- Category certificate
- Income tax certificate
- Transfer certificate and print out of the application form
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
SRM IST Application Open