JEE MAINS (JOINT ENTRANCE EXAM)
JEE MAINS Overview
Get the Latest Notification of the JEE MAINS Exam
JEE Mains exam April and May has been postponed due to COVID-19 Pandemic and expected announced after 1 June. As per the reports, this exam to be conducted in July- August. National Testing Agency will announce the JEE Mains exam date at least 15 days before for both sessions. Candidates can see the changed exam date on the official website of JEE Mains.
Students who have passed intermediate or its equivalent or appearing in can go with this exam. If you want to apply for this exam then you must know information about the exam such as educational qualification, eligibility criteria, number of attempts, how to apply for JEE Mains exam, etc. Just read the below blog and get the complete information about the exam
What is JEE MAINS Exam?
JEE or Joint Entrance Examination is a computer based online exam and conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Aspirants who want to pursue undergraduate courses under the best engineering institutes then can go with this exam. The exam JEE Mains is conducted into two sessions and students who want to apply for this exam can take the exam rather in January or April. After clear the exam, students can admission into different programs such as NITs, CFITs, IITs, and many other government technical colleges in India.
JEE MAINS Exam Highlights
- It is a computer-based exam for B.Arch/ B.Tech/ BE
- For BTech/ BE program the duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- For the B planning and BArch program, the duration of the exam is 3.5 hours.
- The frequency of the exam is four times a year.
- The total marks for B.Tech/ BE exam are 300 and for B.Planning and B.Arch is 400.
- The total questions for B.Tech/ BE are 90, for BArch 82, and for B.Planning is 105.
- For every right answer, the students will get 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The medium of the exam will be Hindi, English, Kannada, Urdu, Telugu, Bengali, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Tamil, and Malayalam.
- The morning shift of the exam is 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- The evening shift of the exam is 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
JEE MAINS Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Students who have 75% in their intermediate exam from the respective boards then can take admission.
- There are no age limit criteria for appearing in the JEE Mains exam.
- Aspirants can go with the exam minimum for three years apart from this students can also sit February, March, April, and Pay sessions for all four sessions.
- Students must have at least 50% marks in their intermediate exam.
- Make sure only those students can apply for the exam who have passed their intermediate exam in the years 2021, 2022, or appearing in 2023.
Latest Admission Alert
KIET GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS (KIET),GHAZIABAD
India’s Leading Research & Innovation Driven Pvt. University. Application invited for UG | PG | Ph.D.
Latest Updates about JEE MAINS
- For phase 1 JEE Mains exam was started from February.
- For phase 2 JEE Mains exam was started from March.
- Students can apply before the last date of May.
- The last date to pay the application fee for JEE Mains exam was May
- The last date to correct the application form yet not announced
- The admit card released date also not announced
JEE MAINS Exam Center State Code
|Delhi/ New Delhi||DL|
|Jammu & Kashmir||JK|
JEE MAINS Exam Admit Card
- Candidates can download JEE Mains admit card in the month of April
- Aspirants can download admit cards by logging into the JEE Mains official website with the help of using the application number and DOB.
- Admit card contains important information such as exam date, time, address, exam center, applicant photograph, and signature.
JEE MAINS Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted through 3 papers- BTech/ BE/ B. Arch and B Planning.
- There is a negative marking in the question paper for multiple-choice questions
- No negative marking for non MCQ
Paper Pattern for BTech/ BE:-
- There are 30 questions from Chemistry and student has to give an answer at least 25 questions
- There are 30 questions from Physics and students need to attempt 25 questions
- 30 questions from Mathematics and 25 questions’ answer are mandatory
Paper Pattern for BArch:-
- There are 30 questions from Mathematics
- 50 questions from Aptitude and 2 questions from Drawing, students have to attempt all questions from the Drawing and Aptitude section
Paper Pattern for the B. Planning program:-
- There are 30 questions from Mathematics
- There are 50 questions from Aptitude and 25 questions from Planning
JEE MAINS Exam Preparation Tips
- Make short notes for each subject
- For best preparation, you can go with NCERT intermediate books
- Download the syllabus from JEE Mains official website
- Students can also go with an online mock test
- Focus on your weak points and do practice
JEE MAINS Exam Cut Off
The admission cut-off for JEE Mains is based on the merit list and the cut-off is based on various factors like the number of appeared students, the difficulty level of the exam, candidate’s category, candidates applying for the course, etc.
JEE MAINS Exam Result
- The result has been declared for the February and March session exams. Students can check their results from the official website. The result will be released for April and May sessions once the exam conduct.
- Aspirants can see the result by entering DOB and roll number
- The JEE Mains result contains the scores of the appeared candidates
- The scorecard consists of information such as DOB, Name, Eligibility, Category and Nationality, Subject wise score, etc.
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
SRM IST 2023 Application Open