GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
GRE Latest Information Eligibility Criteria and Exam Date
The full form of GRE is Graduate Record Examinations. This exam will be conducted by the Educational Testing Services (ETS). Applicants who want to take admission in top graduate level schools for their Masters’s degree courses can apply for this exam. Due to this pandemic, applicants can do GRE Registration at their homes. The exam pattern of GRE tests quant, verbal and analytical writing in every section calculated the scale of 130to 170. Some top universities require the GRE score between 150 to 160 for verbal as well as for quant. To get more information about this exam, read the below information.
GRE Exam Highlights
Name of the exam
Full form of GRE
Graduate Record Examination
MS and MBA courses
Educational Testing Service
Mode of the exam
Fee of GRE
Application form mode
GRE Eligibility Criteria
As per the authority, there will no specific eligibility criteria for GRE. Any applicant can register for the GRE either in qualification or irrespective. The only factor an applicant needs to required the fact that he or she would be required to produce an original passport and valid identity proof at the exam center.
There are no age limit criteria to apply in the GRE.
ETS has not announced an official statement regarding the qualification needed to appear for GRE. Applicants need to possess a graduate degree from a recognized university.
Latest Admission Alert
GRE Application Form
- The application form for GRE will be available online mode on the official website and only those applicants can apply for this exam who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- To fill the application form applicants need to visit the official website
- Upload your scanned signature and documents and other documents like category certificate
- Applicants need to check their application status on regular basis to check their online application received or not
- Applicants need to pay their application fee through electronic mode
- Applicants not able to fill multiple forms
How to register for the GRE?
There are four ways available to register for the GRE entrance exam. For booking the slot for the GRE test applicants need to require a credit or debit card to pay the fee. The ways are given below:
GRE Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Exam Pattern of GRE
- The GRE paper contains three sections as Analytical Writing, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Reasoning.
- The exam will be held online mode
- The question paper available in the English language
- The time duration for the GRE exam will be 3 hours and 45 minutes
Syllabus of GRE
The syllabus of GRE will be based on two sections one if General Test and the second is GRE Subject Test.
The General Test contains quantitative reasoning, analytical writing skills, and verbal reasoning. Applicants who want to apply in specialized subjects need to take the subject test which is required by the university or college in which they want to get admission.
- For Verbal Reasoning the score range between 130 to 170
- For Analytical Writing the score range between 0 to 6
- For Quantitative Reasoning the score range between 130 to 170
- Total score range between 260 to 340
GRE Exam Center
In India the GRE will be conducted in various cities: Bangalore, Cochin, Chennai, Allahabad, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Kolkata, Indore, New Delhi, Gwalior, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Patna, Vadodara, Pune, Nizamabad, Vijayawada, Nashik, Trivandrum, etc.
The GRE entrance exam will contain three sections: Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing. Applicants need t to solve the exam in three hours 45 minutes. Once the exam is completed then the authority will release its cut-off. Only those applicants who can participate in the GRE clear the exam. After the cut-off, applicants will get admission to their respective courses.
Participating Colleges that accept the GRE Scorecard
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- The University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of North Carolina
- University of Virginia
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of IIIinois
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Florida
- University of Texas
- Ohio State University
- Duke University
- California Institute of Technology
- University of Chicago
GRE Exam FAQs
Ques. How a candidate can apply for the GRE?
Ans:- Applicants are required to visit the official website to apply for the GRE.
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for the GRE?
Ans:- Applicants who get the GRE scores to take admission to University can apply for the GRE.
Ques. What is the score report needed?
- GRE test dates
- Contact details such as name, id, phone number
- GRE test score and percentage score
- Recipients authorized scores
Ques. What will be the mode of the GRE?
Ans:- The exam will be held through only online mode
Ques. Can Indian applicants apply for GRE?
Ans:- There are no specific eligibility criteria only Indian applicants needed a passport to apply for the GRE entrance exam.
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
SRM IST Application Open