GATE (GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING)
Applicants can visit the official website to get the GATE Notification which will be released in August. Every year, IIT Kharagpur conducts the GATE exam in February. It is a national-level exam and students who wish to take admission in postgraduate engineering colleges in India like IIITs, NITs, IITs, etc. The conducting authority will release detailed information like exam patterns and the GATE syllabus along with its official website only. There are two papers to be added one is Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture & the other is Geomatics Engineering.
GATE Exam Highlights
Name of the exam
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
Conducting Institute of Exam
GATE exam exam information
To be announced soon
Purpose of GATE Exam
Qualifying exam for Ph. D/ M. Tech/ M.E and PSU Recruitment
Application/ Registration Mode
Through Online Mode
Mode of GATE Exam
Duration of the Exam
Number of cities which conducting exam
195 cities excluding six international centers
Total number of subjects
29 including two new subjects
Total number of questions
Total marks of the exam
Validity of GATE score card
Total no of test takers
GATE Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the GATE exam are as follows:
Nationality Criteria:- Candidates should be under the citizen of India, and candidates from other countries of India can also go with the GATE exam if they have the given eligibility criteria.
Age Limit:-For the GATE exam, there are no age limit criteria to appear for the exam.
Academic Qualification:-Make sure aspirants should have completed their degree or to be in the final year of the Bachelor’s degree in Technology/ Engineering in any relevant science subject.
Latest Admission Alert
GATE Important Dates
Application form announcement
Last date for an application form.
Registration with late fees last date
The last date to edit the categories, paper, and exam city (with additional fees).
Admit Card announcement
4th, 5th, 11th, 12th February 2023
Answer key declaration
February/ March 2024
Last week of March
Starting Of counseling
In the month of April
The authority can go with GATE application form in the month of August. GATE registration process shall be activated from this month only through Online mode. To do registration, candidates need to provide their academic details and they also need to upload their signature, photograph, and category certificate if they have one.
Application Form Correction:-
Aspirants will have to log in to GOAPS portal to make corrections to their application form. Only registered candidates can use this facility to correct their application forms. In this, candidates can make changes in their name, Date of Birth, Guardian’s mobile number, correspondence address, country of residence, Degree, and university information. Exam paper, gender, city, applicant personal details, the category will not be allowed to make corrections.
GATE Application Fee:
- For Male General or OBC category candidates, the application fee will be Rupees 1500 before the given due date and Rupees 2000 during the extended period.
- For ST/ SC/ PWD women category candidates the application fee will be Rs 750.
- For students who are from Dubai and Singapore, the application fee will be the US $100.
- For students from Addis Abada, Dhaka, Colombo, and Kathmandu the application fee will be $ 50.
GATE Exam Pattern
- The duration of the exam is three hours.
- There are 27 papers in the GATE exam
- The total number of questions will be 65 where 10 questions from general aptitude and 55 questions from Engineering Maths and Core Subjects.
- The total marks of the exam will be 100.
- There are two sections available from different types of papers.
- There is a negative marking for the wrong answer in MCQs.
GATE Exam Admit Card
Candidates can see their admit cards from the official website before the last date issued by the authorities. Make sure, aspirants must have to carry their GATE admit card along with their valid ID proof.
Steps to download the GATE admit card:-
- Visit the official website of GATE
- Enter the required details like enrollment number and password to login into the GATE exam
- Click on the admit card and download the link
- Download the admit card for the future reference
GATE Exam Paper Code
Paper Code of GATE Exam
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||ES|
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering||–|
|Humanities and Social Science||XH|
Paper codes for XL and XE papers GATE:-
|XE Paper Sections||Code|
|Plymer Science and Engineering||F|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
|XL Paper Sections|
Preparation Tips for GATE Exam
Every year more than 9 lacs aspirants sit in the exam to make their career bright. Students who wish to sit for the GATE exam must know the complete information about the exam such as Marking Scheme, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Subjects, etc. Some preparation tips for the GATE exam are as follows:
- If you want to opt for coaching classes to prepare for the GATE exam then don’t miss any online or offline classes.
- Self-study plays a very important role so do self-study and make short notes for every subject.
- If you don’t want to opt for coaching for the GATE exam then go with the official website and check the syllabus and do preparation for every subject on regular basis.
- You can go with an online mock test to do better practice.
- Students don’t need to forget to solve previous year’s question papers
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
SRM IST 2023 Application Open