CENTAC (CENTRALIZED ADMISSION COMMITTEE)
CENTAC latest Notification
The Centralised Admission Committee is located in Puducherry conducted the CENTAC entrance exam for admitting candidates in various courses like B. Tech courses in top participating institutes. Applicants will able to fill their application form from centacpuducherry.in the official website. It is advisable that applicants need to check the eligibility criteria for CENTAC exam before filling the application form. Only those applicants can get admission who clear the CENTAC exam.
CENTAC Exam Highlights
Name of the exam
Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC)
Level of the exam
Sections in the exam
For Puducherry state applicants- on the basis of intermediate marks
For other state applicants- on the basis of JEE Mains exam score
Mode of the exam
Through online mode
Mode of application form
CENTAC Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can go through the eligibility criteria is given below:
- Applicants must have citizenship in India before applying for CENTAC exam.
- Applicants who belong to Puducherry can also apply for this exam.
For B. Tech Program
- Applicants should have passed intermediate examination from the recognized university or board
- Applicants should have Chemistry and Physics along with Biology/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology as mandatory subjects.
- They should also have at least 45% aggregate marks and 40% marks for reserved categories
For BDS/ B.P.T./ A.H/ B.V.Sc./ MBBS program
- Candidates should have passed the intermediate exam from a recognized board or university
- Applicants should have Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology or Biology, Zoology or Botany with English as mandatory subjects
- Applicants must have to qualify with 50% of aggregate marks and 40$ for the reserved category
Latest Admission Alert
KIET GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS (KIET),GHAZIABAD
India’s Leading Research & Innovation Driven Pvt. University. Application invited for UG | PG | Ph.D.
CENTAC Important Dates
Application form will start from
Last date to submit the application form
Application form (Hard Copy)
Merit list will be published on
Counselling process starting date
First week of August
Counselling process for other state’s candidates
Fourth week of August
CENTAC Application Form
- From June, applicants can fill their application form
- Applicants only fill their CENTAC application form through the official website
- Fill the application form with correct information because there is no correction facility in the question paper
- For the LLB course, applicants need to submit different documents and application form
- To complete the application form, applicants need to upload a scanned passport size photograph and signature
- After filling the application form, the candidate needs to send their application form to the campus.
CENTAC Application Fee:
- The application fee for general categories for 1 course will be Rupees 600.
- The application fee for ST/ SC category applicants for 1 course will be Rupees 300
- The application fee for general category candidates for two-course will be Rupees 900
- The application fee for ST/ SC category applicants for 2 courses will be Rupees 450
- The application fee for general category candidates for 3 courses will be Rupees 1200
- The application fee for ST/ SC category applicants for 3 courses will be Rupees 600
CENTAC Exam Test Centre
CENTAC Merit List
Applicants who wish to take admission in B. Tech course done by (CENTAC) Centralised Admission Committee based on the merit list in class 12th. The admission will formulate 2 separate merit lists one for Puducherry candidates and the other for outside Puducherry candidates. The seat allotment will be done based on the merit list.
The authority will release its cut-off within the merit list. CENTAC cut-off is the minimum marks required by the applicants to take admission. The marks will be calculated from Mathematics and Physics with Biology, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subjects, Chemistry, as optional subjects.
The authority will release CENTAC Counselling for all applicants who will be eligible for seat allotment on the behalf of merit list. Applicants their names will appear on the merit list will be required to fill their colleges and branch to pay the counseling fee through online mode only. The counseling process will be completed through the centralized process in which seats will be allotted to the candidates for various parameters such as marks in the merit list, category, etc.
Participating Colleges that accept the CENTAC scorecard
- PerunthalaivarKamrajar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Karaikal
- Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry
Colleges or Universities
- Avvaiyar College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry
- Achariya College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry
- Christ College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry
- Bharathiyar College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikal
- Alpha College of Engineering and Technology
- Christ College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry
- Raak College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry
- ManakulaVinayagar Institute of Technology, Puducherry
- Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry
- Shri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry
- RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikal
- Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry
- Sri Ganesh College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry
- Sri ManakulaVinayagar Engineering College, Puducherry
CENTAC Exam FAQs
Ques. What is the information required to fill the application form?
Ans:- Applicants need to enter their name, address, mobile number, pin code, educational information, email address, scanned photograph, and signature.
Ques. What is the selection process for CENTAC exam?
Ans:- The CENTAC exam conducts every year and the selection process will be based on three points.
- Application form
Ques. What is the application fee for three courses for general category candidates?
Ans:- The application fee will be Rupees 1200 for 3 courses.
Ques. What is a reservation for all categories?
Ans:- The reservation percentage is given below:
- General- 50%
- OBC- 11%
- BCM- 2%
- MBC (Most backward category)- 18%
- EBC (Extreme backward category)- 2%
- BT (Backward Tribes)- 1%
- SC (Schedule Category)- 16%
Ques. What are the documents required for the counseling process?
- Nationality Certificate
- Photo ID proof
- Admit card of CENTAC
- Result of CENTAC
- Domicile certificate
- Counseling letter
Ques. Can a candidate get a refund of their application fee?
Ans:- No, in any case, applicants unable to get their money back of application fee
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
SRM IST Application Open