Common Admission Test (CAT)
Registrations: First week of August 2021
What is CAT Exam?
CAT (Common Admission Test) which is organized by all the IIMs on rotational basis. It is computer-based MBA entrance examination for getting admission in 20 IIMs and over 1,200 top B-Schools in the India for MBA and PGDM programms and also for the Post Graduate Programms (PGP).
Every year IIMs select a Convener for overseeing all aspects of the exam. Convener is the one who is responsible and see all the possibilities for managing everything.
This year IIM has appointed Prof. M P Ram Mohan as a Convener for CAT 2021 examination, he was a faculty for Business Policy and Chairperson Admissions at IIMA (IIM Ahmedabad).
The CAT 2021 examination is expected to be organized soon by the July last week and the registration procedure may begin in the 1st week of August, 2021.
CAT 2021 Exam Highlights
CAT (Common Admission Test)
National Level Exams
Last week of November, 2021
Exam Helpdesk No.
1-800-209-0830 (Toll Free)
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a Graduation degree with minimum 50% aggregate (45% aggregate for SC, ST and PWD category candidates) or equivalent from any recognized university or institute.
- You must have done a professional degree in CA/ CS/ ICWA with the required percentage.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their graduation are also eligible to apply for CAT exam
Latest Admission Alert
CAT 2021 Important Dates
Release of CAT 2021 Notification
31st July 2021
Starting of Online Registration
4th August 2021
Last date to fill the application form
22nd September 2021
Last week of September 2021
Release of Admit card
27th October 2021
1st week of November 2021
CAT 2021 Exam
28th November 2021
Release of Answer Key
2nd week of December 2021
Last date to submit objection
2nd week of December 2021
Revised Answer Key
Last week of December 2021
Announcement of Results
1st week of January 2022
CAT 2021 Registration
You can register easily for the CAT 2021 exam through given below steps:-
- Firstly go to the official website – https://iimcat.ac.in/
- Now register yourself by entering your details such as name, date of birth, email ID and mobile number
- Now ask for the OTP for successful registration
- An OTP will be sent on your registered phone number or mail ID
- Now after the successful registration process, login by entering the OTP in the given field
- Now enter all the required details in the registration form
- Upload scanned documents in the required place
- After this select the test centers and preferred IIM campus for Writing Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI)
- Now pay the registration fees for CAT 2021 exam
CAT 2021 Application Fee:
CAT 2021 Application Fee
- General and OBC Category Candidates – 2,200/-
- SC, ST and PWD Category Candidates – 1,100/-
How to pay CAT 2021 Exam Fee?
CAT 2021 exam fee can be paid through online mode – debit/credit card or net banking.
CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
CAT 2021 Examination is divided into three sections namely VARC (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension), QA (Quantitative Aptitude) and DILR (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning) will come to solve Non-MCQ and MCQ type questions.
Know distribution details of CAT 2021 exam Sections and questions below:-
VARC, QA and DILR
Duration of exam
Total 120 minutes (40 minutes per section)
Total number of questions
Section-wise number of questions
Language of question paper
Type of questions
Non-MCQs and MCQs
CAT 2020 Cut Off for IIM Admission
CAT cut off 2020
CAT Test Centres and Cities
CAT 2021 examination was conducted at numerous exam centers located in 156 cities in India. You have to choose at least six exam center preferences during the registration:-
Top 10 colleges Accepting CAT score
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Shillong
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Amity Business School, Noida
- Asia Pacific Institute of Management
- Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH)
- P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR)
- DY Patil University
- IMS Ghaziabad
- UPES University
CAT Exam FAQs
Ques. How many times CAT examination was conducted in a year?
Ans. CAT examination was conducted once in a year.
Ques. Can I pay application fee through offline mode?
Ans. No, you can only pay application fee in online mode via debit/credit card or net banking.
Ques. Is there any limit for registration in CAT exam?
Ans. No, there is no age limit specified to appear in the CAT exam. You only have to fulfill the eligible criteria.
Ques. When will CAT 2021exam result be declared?
Ans. CAT 2021exam result will be declared in the first week of January 2022.
Ques. Can I apply for more than one slot for CAT 2021 exam?
Ans. No, you can’t apply for more than one slot for CAT 2021 exam, you can appear for CAT exam in one slot only.
Ques. Is there any advantage given to PWD category candidates in CAT question paper timings?
Ans. Yes, PWD category candidates will get extra 20 minutes in CAT question paper.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in CAT 2021 exam?
Ans. Negative marking scheme for the CAT 2021 exam is given below:-
- 1/3 (-1) marks will deducted for every wrong answer in MCQs
- There is no negative marking for every wrong non-MCQ answer
Ques. What is the registration fee for general category candidates?
Ans. The registration fee for general category candidates is Rs. 2,000/-
Ques. From where I can register for CAT 2021 exam?
Ans. Go to this link and register for CAT 2021 exam – https://iimcat.ac.in/
Ques. How many questions will come in CAT 2021 exam section wise?
Ans. There are total 76 questions in CAT exam:-
- VARC – 26 Questions
- DILR – 24 Questions
- QA – 26 Questions
Other Popular IIMs
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Kozhikode – Indian Institute of Management
IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
SRM IST 2021 Application Open
Mar 31, 2021
Apr 28, 2021
May 9, 2021
May 10, 2021
May 16, 2021