Bharathiar University is a public university established by the Tamil Nadu Government in the year 1982. The university was established through the Bharathiar University Act, 1982, passed by the legislative assembly of Tamil Nadu State. It is located in Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu, India. It received its recognition from the University Grant Commission (UGC) in the year 1985. The courses offered by the university are approved by NCTE, ACU, accredited by NAAC and AICTE.
The university is one of the best university in Tamil Nadu and offers numerous courses of optimum quality. Currently, it has affiliated 104 institutes including, 11 government colleges, 16 aided colleges, 88 self-maintained colleges, five constituent colleges, and one Post Graduate extension Centre. It offers courses in various field of studies such as Engineering, Science, Social Science, Physical Education, Economics, Language, Management and Technology. The university believes that the education shall not be restricted to the walls of the college, and therefore, it started distance education facilities for students who can afford a regular college education.
The university is ranked among the top public universities in India. It was ranked by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, 2018 at the 20th rank in top universities in India. The university holds an excellent record of placements. Many reputed companies such as Jet Airways, Akai, Tata Housing, Reliance, ITC, Infosys and Mahindra are the regular recruiters of the university.
List of courses offered by Bharathiar University
|3||M.Sc. Statics with Computer applications|
|5||M.Sc. Medical Physics|
|7||M.Sc. Chemistry (Differential Fee Structure|
|9||M.Sc. Textile and Apparel Design|
|10||M.Sc. Data Analytics|
|11||M.Sc. computer science|
|14||M.Sc. Industrial biotechnology|
|16||M.Sc. Environmental Science|
|18||M.Sc. Human Genetics and Molecular Biology|
|21||MBA Differential Fee structure|
|22||M.A. Tamil/ English/ Literature/ Economics/ Linguistics/ Econometrics/ history/ women studies|
Bharathiar University Admission 2019-2020
The University conducts entrance examination for admission in the offered courses. For admission in MBA and MCA courses marks obtained in TANCET is considered. The admission is based on the merit of the students based on their performance in entrance examinations and qualifying examination. Selection processes are different for all the courses, and the candidates must ensure that they know and understand the criteria laid down by the university.
Bharathiar University Time Table 2019-2020
|1||Application form release (PG)||10-Apr-19|
|2||Last date for application submission (PG)||31-May-19|
|3||Application begins for CET exam (M.Phil/ Ph.D)||10-Apr-19|
|4||Application last date CET (M. Phil./Ph.D.)||17-May-19|
|5||CET exam (M. Phil/ Ph.D)||24-Jun-19|
|6||The date for submission of MBA and MCA Application forms||Within ten days after the release of TANCET result|
|7||The application starts for distance learning (Calendar year)||10-Dec-18|
|8||Last date to submit application form for distance learning (Calendar Year)||30-Apr-19|
|9||The application starts for distance learning (Academic year)||1-May-19|
|10||Last date to apply for distance learning (Academic year)||30-Nov-19|
|11||Application form for B.Ed. starts||13-Dec-18|
|12||Application form for B. Ed closes||30-Apr-19|
Candidates willing to participate in the application process must ensure the actual time table for issued on the official website of the university. The following is the process to be followed to check the time table:
- The candidate has to visit the official website of Bharathiar University. To go to the official website, click here.
- The university home page will appear, from the news section select examination option.
- Go to the schedule section and select department.
- Click on the time table option and select the course desired and download the time table.
Bharathiar University Admit Card 2019-2020
Admit card/ hall ticket is the official document issued by the university authorizing the candidates to appear for the examination. The candidates will have to print the admit card to the examination center on the examination day. The candidates who do appear without an admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall, and no excuses will be entertained. The Admit card contains information such as candidates name, roll number, venue of the examination, time of examination, necessary details of the candidates and instructions. It is usually issued weeks before the examination and candidates can download it from the official website of the university.
For candidate applying for MBA and MCA, TENCET score is valid for admission. The candidates appearing for TENCET 2019-2020 must ensure that the download the admit card before appearing for the examination. The admit card can be download using the following steps:
- Go to the official website of TENCET. Click here to directly go to the official website.
- From the given options, select the “TENCET 2019 Admit Card” option.
- You will be required to enter the User ID and Password issued to the candidates on successful submission of the application form.
- The hall ticket will appear on the screen of the system, and it also has a download option.
- Candidate must download the admit card and get it printed for further process.
Bharathiar University Result 2019-2020
For the candidates who have given the examination, the next step is the result. The Bharathiar university result 2019 will be issued by the university on the official website. The candidates can access their result after entering the required verification details. The following steps had to be followed to access the result.
- Visit the website of the university. Click here to directly visit the Website of Bharathiar University.
- The Home page of the website will appear.
- From their select the examination option.
- Select the result or “check the result announcement.”
- Click on the provided link to get access to the result.
- Enter the registration number and date of Birth
- Click on the result button.
- The candidate can also download the result in pdf format for their future reference.