The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a distance learning university located in New Delhi, India. Indira Gandhi National Open University, like every other universities of the world publishes its Exam results online. IGNOU conducts Term end examinations in the month of June and December. The results are declared within 60 days of exams getting over. IGNOU compiles candidates result in the form of grade card which is a kind of marks card consisting information such as term end theory marks, assignment marks, practical marks and course completion status.
To check assignment submission Last date of IGNOU official website link:- Click Here
To check IGNOU Assignment Status 2019 using programme code: – Click Here
To check IGNOU 2019 Assignment Status using date of birth: – Click Here
To check IGNOU OPENMAT Result 2020:- Click here
IGNOU Grade Card Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) 2019-2020:- Find the answer of some common questions:-
- When will the grade card of IGNOU 2019-2020 be released?
IGNOU released its June 2019 exam results on August 14, 2019. OPENMAT XLVII results will be announced in July 2020. July 2020 End term examination (TEE) results will tentatively by released by August 2020, which will be notified by the university as an when time arrives. The grade card will be made accessible for students at ignou.ac.in/result.
2. What credentials will I need to check the IGNOU 2020 grade card?
Candidates will be able to access their grade card in online mode by providing their enrolment number and the respective programme they have opted for.
Candidates can follow the following few easy steps given below to check and download grade card:-
- Go to official website of IGNOU-www.ignou.ac.in.
- On the homepage click on the link IGNOU 2020 result.
- It will direct to a new page of the IGNOU website.
- Next, the candidates have to choose the option ‘grade card’ option from the following list on the page.
- Candidate is required to select their respective programme from the list of programmes mentioned.
- In the following space candidate needs to Enter 9 Digit (Numeric) Enrolment Number.
- Click on to submit button.
- Now, Result of IGNOU 2020 will appear on your screen. Candidate can download Grade Card in PDF Format for IGNOU here.
3, How is the grade card of IGNOU 2020 different from IGNOU result 2019?
The IGNOU grade card is a detailed representation of the candidate’s academic performance.
All the vital details about the candidates performance such as name of the candidate, name of the programme, course code, marks obtained in theory, marks obtained in practical, marks obtained in the assignment submitted, the status (complete/not-complete) are complied together and given in the IGNOU grade card. Whereas, IGNOU result shows only candidates’ course details in addition to the marks obtained in the term end examination for all the courses.
The grade card is strictly available in online mode and as it contains critical information about candidates’ academic performance, it is advised to take a printout and retain it for future use.
4. What will be the procedure to calculate the IGNOU grade card 2020 ?
IGNOU follows its own format for calculating grade which most students are unaware of, making grade calculation a tedious job. So to simplify the entire process candidates are instructed to follow these simple steps:-
- Assignment carries 30% weightage and term end examination theory carries 70% weightage.
- So for example, if mark scored is 60 marks in theory, then the candidate will be awarded 42 marks. Simultaneously a score of 70 in assignment will award him 21 marks. Thus the total obtained for that particular subject will sum up to 42+21= 63
- Candidates can calculate the overall percentage by adding marks of all the subjects and dividing it by 1200. This will assign a particular grade to the candidate as per the grading system followed by the university.
Another way of calculating IGNOU Result (Grade Card) is quite simple.
A=Total marks obtained in Assignments.
B= Total marks obtained in Theory.
C=Total number of subjects.
So, calculation of IGNOU Result (Grade Card) = (A+B)/C.
IGNOU Grade Chart:-
|Letter Grade||Percentage||Grade Point||Qualitative Level|
|A||80% and above||5||Excellent|
5. Can IGNOU Grade card 2020 be reevaluated?
Yes, if the candidate is displeased with the result he/she can always opt for a reevaluation.
A re-evaluation form, available on the website needs to be filled up specifying the subject code and the original marks secured. This needs to be submitted to the evaluation center along with a DD favoring IGNOU within 30-days from the announcement of results.
A minimum of 30-days is needed for the re-evaluation process from the date of submission of request and the revised marks/grade after reevaluation will be communicated to the students on receipt of re-evaluation results available on IGNOU website at www.ignou.ac.in.
Reevaluation fee: Rs. 750, per course.
6. Within how many days should I download the grade card of IGNOU 2019?
A candidate should ideally not linger and download the grade card within few days from the date of result announcement. However, he/she will be able to access the grade card at any point using their enrolment number, subject code and name of the programme.
It is generally advised to keep a copy of the grade card with them at all the time for further references.